Scottish Cup 2020/21

1 hour ago, Lencarl said:

The winners of this season's Scottish Cup will bank a minimum of £3m from European football next term as they go straight into a Europa League play-off with the safety net of a place in the new Europa Conference League.

Why should the Scottish Cup winners get this..

Third place in the league should have this as a reward.

Scottish cup winners can still get a Europe place.

Unfortunately, countries cannot change that ... it is UEFA's decision.

9 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Not sure about that.

Hibs could win the cup having beaten QotS, Stranraer, Motherwell, Dundee Utd & one of the Saints.

I’d say that’s easier than finishing 3rd over 38 games 

Then why do Hibs have 1 Scottish Cup in about 120 years and Aberdeen have 0 in the last 30 years? 

Both finished top 3 a fair share of times. Same with Motherwell. 

Definitely harder to win the Scottish Cup!

No shame in that route either. We have recent history of losing to all those teams apart from Stranraer. Conceding 3 or 4 goals in the process!

46 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Then why do Hibs have 1 Scottish Cup in about 120 years and Aberdeen have 0 in the last 30 years? 

Both finished top 3 a fair share of times. Same with Motherwell. 

Definitely harder to win the Scottish Cup!

No shame in that route either. We have recent history of losing to all those teams apart from Stranraer. Conceding 3 or 4 goals in the process!

Tbf this is only Hibs 5th ever 3rd place finish in their history assuming they get the job done. 

1 hour ago, GreenLisbon25 said:

Bad result at the weekend....

In your opinion, is Derek responsible for the bad season that Aberdeen is having?

Yes. 

Terrible recruitment, no pace in the side, and a feeble mentality akin to his.

58 minutes ago, Henry said:

I see the SFA are claiming the huns, tims and SRU have all rejected the chance to host the cup final.

What a joke. 

Why can't it be at Hampden?

7 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Yes. 

Terrible recruitment, no pace in the side, and a feeble mentality akin to his.

?

Although I did not follow all the games...I agree.
I hope you start preparing for the new season now. I think it will be very important for Aberdeen to reach the group stage of the UEFA Conference League.

Just now, GreenLisbon25 said:

?

I hope you start preparing for the new season now. I think it will be very important for Aberdeen to reach the group stage of the UEFA Conference League.

I agree!

1 hour ago, GreenLisbon25 said:

?

Great result for yous at the weekend with an away win against braga!, a thought yous were trying to fling the league away there in the last couple of weeks drawing against shite,Porto disallowed goal in the 93 min for offside would have helped.1 more hard away trip to benfica and 4 bottom club sides to go.your nearly there

12 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Great result for yous at the weekend with an away win against braga!, a thought yous were trying to fling the league away there in the last couple of weeks drawing against shite,Porto disallowed goal in the 93 min for offside would have helped.1 more hard away trip to benfica and 4 bottom club sides to go.your nearly there

Thanks for your message!

Yes, we are very close ... getting closer to end a 19-year nightmare. The next two games are decisive ... If Sporting win, we have everything to be Portuguese champions, especially since Porto will play in the next week against Benfica.
I am very sorry that Aberdeen did not make it to the cup final. It would be an extraordinary day for me ... In the same weekend Sporting Portuguese champion and Aberdeen to win the cup in Scotland.

Regards

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Why can't it be at Hampden?

It is at Hampden, but with no fans. UEFA will have taken control of the stadium at that stage, but have given the SFA dispensation to hold the final there with no fans. 

Why they couldn't hold a 'test event' I'm not sure.

And why the petty shitmunchers at Ibrox and Parkhead couldn't host it, I'm also not sure. 

15 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I also dont understand why ibrox, celtic park or murrayfield are the only options to host the cup final if theres only going to be about 4000 fans. why not use tynecastle? 

Fair point. 

16 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I also dont understand why ibrox, celtic park or murrayfield are the only options to host the cup final if theres only going to be about 4000 fans. why not use tynecastle? 

They asked us. We said no. Fans will think cos of feelings to SFA. In reality as it's not available due to scheduled stadium improvements. Albeit just painting trusses at Gorgie Road end. 

Thankfully. 

Or Budge would have said yes. And risked a Hibs SC win at Tynie. 

11 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

They asked us. We said no. Fans will think cos of feelings to SFA. In reality as it's not available due to scheduled stadium improvements. Albeit just painting trusses at Gorgie Road end. 

Thankfully. 

Or Budge would have said yes. And risked a Hibs SC win at Tynie. 

Wow

That would be something. Can see why Tynecastle is a massive no

That defeat on Sunday, the manner of it, the fact we’ve missed out on as good a chance as we could wish for to win the Scottish Cup, is really fucking annoying, even 48 hours on. 

Missing out on not only the Cup, but between £3m-£5m 

Piss poor.

As an aside, and more for the “summer 2021” thread I heard today that we should be announcing a signing by the end of the week, one that should please people. 
Maybe crap, but thought it was worth sharing.