AFChat awards 2020 - the results

Henry

Before I announce this year’s winners, let’s take a moment to think over a turbulent year on the Hat. One major breakdown, several casualties, but still we will soldier on into 2021. A unique forum for sure.

onto the awards.

the fringe awards first.

Best Newcomer: @Fridge takes the crown again, beating @Joe pike by one vote.

Biggest Cringe: a split vote between two divisive characters - @Millertime and @Wester Hailes Skins. Skins has had a tough year with the relegation, so this joint award will cheer him up no end.

Best Tipster: @Don Fonte scourge of the bookies takes the prize

Biggest Gluepot: @Fridge a well deserved prize after the “I have mates who would batter you in Aberdeen pubs” outburst last night

Best Comeback: @rocket_scientist  a landslide victory for the bold NE man

Best Rivalry: another comfortable victory for @rocket_scientist  vs the mutants, an ongoing battle that the punters seemingly can’t get enough of.

Best Thread: a split vote between Namesake Hybrid and the Espionage thread. @giuliano unlucky to miss out in the newcomer award for me, a wonderfully specific poster.

and onto the big three awards...

Lifetime Achievement Award: a lot of different votes here, but the winner by a ball hair, it’s everyone’s favourite weegie mutant @Sooper-hanz. Well deserved I’m sure we all agree.

Funniest Poster: another landslide victory for the comedy musings of @cheesepipes. Consistently amusing over the years.

Best Poster: the one we all want to win. They may say it’s a tainted title in years to come, they may question the skullduggery and unusual voting patterns but they can’t deny his name’s on the trophy, the 2020 winner is @manboobs109. Well done big man.

Congratulations to all winners. See you next year. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Dad said:

Congratulations manchebs ?

Quite the fucking journey it's been - no just this year, but way back there to the beginnings in 2013 (albeit I wasnae aware of you until I slipped in at the beginning of 2016); today the culmination of a life's work.

Not only a deserving victor evident - also a humble and respectful clutch of posters, willing to put aside differences (dundonian arsehole) and pay respect where due.

A great fucking bunch we are (some more than others tbf haha ah no) ?

Shut the fuck up man. ?

Thank you for those kind words Henry.

I know what people will be asking - "who is this man Manboobs? We know of him but we don't know him" I can't explain who I am, but I can explain what i am, I'm a champion.

Lesser men that me would use this platform to settle old scores, belittle foes, but not me, I'll rise above that.

Fuck you Parky, Consi and the rest of the boo boys, the people have spoken, Poster of the year, and not just any year, this most difficult of all years. I have informed, entertained and educated and I've brought a little joy into every one of my fans lives and this has made those hours of toil worthwhile.

Thank you and God bless you, one and all.

Just now, manboobs109 said:

I know what people will be asking - "who is this man Manboobs? We know of him but we don't know him" I can't explain who I am, but I can explain what i am, I'm a champion.

Lesser men that me would use this platform to settle old scores, belittle foes, but not me, I'll rise above that.

Fuck you Parky, Consi and the rest of the boo boys, the people have spoken, Poster of the year, and not just any year, this most difficult of all years. I have informed, entertained and educated and I've brought a little joy into every one of my fans lives and this has made those hours of toil worthwhile.

You had a wank yet?

• Downvote 1
8 minutes ago, Dad said:

Quite the fucking journey it's been - no just this year, but way back there to the beginnings in 2013 (albeit I wasnae aware of you until I slipped in at the beginning of 2016); today the culmination of a life's work.

Not only a deserving victor evident - also a humble and respectful clutch of posters, willing to put aside differences (dundonian arsehole) and pay respect where due.

Great words papa. I'm touched.

2 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

9-A92974-D-5-D9-F-4-D77-9-EC2-AAE061-B1-

2 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

? 

Top work. 

9 minutes ago, Dad said:

Here ya prick.

You see the talent you've got assissting you in the treble D's?

Appreciate.

Just now, rocket_scientist said:

This will give you warm and fuzzies. In the real world however, you pleaded guilty to the indictment of being a wanker. Bizarrely and unprecedented in the history of criminal trials, you offered the further charge of being a "dickhead". As no further evidence was presented on this second count, you were found guilty on both by your own admission. 

Here, ladies and gents, is a grown "man" who takes the Internet too seriously. 

1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

You said it cuntlife. All emboldened by an "award" for 5 minutes, you'll be back to normal tomorrow. A snivelling drizzling nothing who knows it all and can't get it up. 

I didn't "win" an award, you stupid cunt. It's all a daft laugh but unfortunately you're so much of a humourless, pub bore, know it all wank, you have to drag the joke to this pathetic level. 

You're a joke, min and you're the only cunt who can't see it.