AFChat awards 2020 - the results

Henry

1 hour ago, rocket_scientist said:

This will give you warm and fuzzies. In the real world however, you pleaded guilty to the indictment of being a wanker. Bizarrely and unprecedented in the history of criminal trials, you offered the further charge of being a "dickhead". As no further evidence was presented on this second count, you were found guilty on both by your own admission. 

This is why euthanasia should be legal in this county.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Henry said:

Before I announce this year’s winners, let’s take a moment to think over a turbulent year on the Hat. One major breakdown, several casualties, but still we will soldier on into 2021. A unique forum for sure.

onto the awards.

the fringe awards first.

Best Newcomer: @Fridge takes the crown again, beating @Joe pike by one vote.

Biggest Cringe: a split vote between two divisive characters - @Millertime and @Wester Hailes Skins. Skins has had a tough year with the relegation, so this joint award will cheer him up no end.

Best Tipster: @Don Fonte scourge of the bookies takes the prize

Biggest Gluepot: @Fridge a well deserved prize after the “I have mates who would batter you in Aberdeen pubs” outburst last night

Best Comeback: @rocket_scientist  a landslide victory for the bold NE man

Best Rivalry: another comfortable victory for @rocket_scientist  vs the mutants, an ongoing battle that the punters seemingly can’t get enough of.

Best Thread: a split vote between Namesake Hybrid and the Espionage thread. @giuliano unlucky to miss out in the newcomer award for me, a wonderfully specific poster.

and onto the big three awards...

Lifetime Achievement Award: a lot of different votes here, but the winner by a ball hair, it’s everyone’s favourite weegie mutant @Sooper-hanz. Well deserved I’m sure we all agree.

Funniest Poster: another landslide victory for the comedy musings of @cheesepipes. Consistently amusing over the years.

Best Poster: the one we all want to win. They may say it’s a tainted title in years to come, they may question the skullduggery and unusual voting patterns but they can’t deny his name’s on the trophy, the 2020 winner is @manboobs109. Well done big man.

Congratulations to all winners. See you next year. 

Terrible choices. I should have been best poster. Thought Parkie would have got something. Just kiddin. Quite rightly not mentioned. For anything. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Dildo 1
1 hour ago, Ohjimmyjimmy said:

Great work Hoover, no messing about and fuck ups like previous years.

Any chance you could sort out the Celeb Deaths league in a similar fashion? Whoever the bastard was who said they’d do it is a workshy cunt who has just fucked off and left it.

Eh endorse this statement. Milne is a useless prick.

Harcus’ pedantry and time on his hands outside of harvest season make him the perfect loser for the job

On 12/17/2020 at 9:08 PM, Henry said:

Before I announce this year’s winners, let’s take a moment to think over a turbulent year on the Hat. One major breakdown, several casualties, but still we will soldier on into 2021. A unique forum for sure.

Biggest Gluepot: @Fridge a well deserved prize after the “I have mates who would batter you in Aberdeen pubs” outburst last night

@shut up meg

Just now, Bluto10 said:

congrats fridgey

whst was you Aberdeen pubs batter outburst ??

Actually can’t even really remember think I mentioned I’d had a pint with Hutch and was saying I couldn’t punch myself out of a paper bag but I know all the hard cunts that can.

Drunken ramblings but all good fun.

55 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Who is the toughest geezer in Aberdeen @fridge ? Who would you NOT fuck with ?

Probably Hutch is  past it now , the Macillisters maybe are still not to be messed with, really don’t know, Lee was a professional boxer so wouldn’t like a hit from him. The problem with all of these folk is they won’t let things lie so eventually you would bump into them and get a hiding and everyone knows where to find you in Aberdeen.

I’m nae trying to make out there is some gang land warfare. If you keep yourself to yourself you would not get into any hassle.

I would imagine there are tougher nuts in Glasgow.

have heard about “the macalisters” for 20 years. and obvs know the boxer guy. heard a few stories of him in the gym (Spartan) years ago

but the family, where does that come from? 
mare we talking proper hit man type gangster family, like in the movies? or just troublesome minks?

No but if you mouthed off a bar not knowing who they were or were due them money for drugs or some shit I would imagine you wouldn’t be too far away off ARI.

Anyway I’m not involved in any of that shit, so somebody will probably know better that’s me. These boys that do MMA are probably the hardest as before you have a chance to take your jacket off you’d be in a choke hold.