Jim McLean

4 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

Hateley doing Watt early was a bad sign for the bad day that unfolded. 

Correct. Fucking assault and that was it. Guys confidence was totally shattered after that. As been said that effort from Van Der Ven was horrific, sure he had Gillhaus to the left of him too for a tap in

16 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Gillhaus near post header 

16 hours ago, redone said:

My recollection is he was at the back post. 

I recall it as being dead central

Must add though, my view wasn't that great

Given I was in the West Enclosure, the most rabid pit of hunnery in the stadium.

Also my senses were somewhat overwhelmed, due to being in with the rancid and putrid stench of thousands of minks apparently reluctant to indulge in any level of personal hygiene. 

Genuinely struggled for breath at times due to the toxic cocktail of piss, shite and astronomical BO.

6 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

I recall it as being dead central

Must add though, my view wasn't that great

Given I was in the West Enclosure, the most rabid pit of hunnery in the stadium.

Also my senses were somewhat overwhelmed, due to being in with the rancid and putrid stench of thousands of minks apparently reluctant to indulge in any level of personal hygiene. 

Genuinely struggled for breath at times due to the toxic cocktail of piss, shite and astronomical BO.

Sair een min.

I was in the Dons end but I think the only way that day could’ve turned out worse would’ve been being in among the huns.

McLean's achievements were phenomenal, when you consider his team weren't even the most successful in Dundee before he took over. It's a mark of how the game has changed beyond recognition though, when you consider he wouldn't last five minutes in today's climate, among all the pampered prima donnas and metrosexuals, who would conspire to have him sacked at the first sign of a ticking off.