Works of Art

Sooper-hanz

4 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Never been to Chicago but I can't imagine there's any where near the diversity and number of galleries that there are in New York

Nae idea (I get the sarcasm!) but I remember both being fucking Baltic with a wind that went through you. That's perhaps why one of them got the nickname ?

2 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Nae idea (I get the sarcasm!) but I remember both being fucking Baltic with a wind that went through you. That's perhaps why one of them got the nickname ?

Not being sarcastic at all , matey New York has more 'outsider' cultural influences was my point.  I will go to Chicago one day. I know two folk who prefer it to NY.

6 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Why are you trying to create "competition" between Chicago and NYC?

He wasn't commenting on New York.

Is this the "my team is better than your team" primary school shit you spoke of last night and just because you went to one and not the other, yours will be superior?

Of course it is.

Ignore if FFS.

3 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

Lucian Freud another highly acclaimed British (since 1933, grandson of Sigmund, I think) painter.

F20-BA2-CC-E9-EB-4070-A025-A2-E4-FCCD3-C

I have no idea why I put him and Bacon in the same classification as their art is so different. Both are intriguing artists, were around at the same time but were possibly both shunned by the art establishment in their early days, the British being world-leading in politics and snobbery.

Good documentaries available on both these great artists (probably BBC iPlayer, a while since I've seen them).

Didn't know LGIR had a dog

• Haha 1
26 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Not at all. It was more related to your consistent posting history. As I know you read EVERY one of my posts, you will know I reject the notions of social classes and status and, like dayts said earlier today, I found better people in the schemes than the shitbox semis, Mastrick v. Deeside Gardens being the specific example. Art appreciation transcends all notions of "class" and I'm certain some of the white van man will be enthusiasts like you and me.

So what was the point you were trying to make mentioning 'work van'  and ' Greggs' ?  Try and be succinct for a change when answering. 

Just now, rocket_scientist said:

That's good then. Conflict is more often destructive than constructive. It was weird how you introduced a comparison between the two cities when he wasn't.

I am dying to hear where you went in NYC. I'm certain that we will have some common ground. 

'Weird'?   lol   So is it just you that's allowed to use that word? 

4 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Anyone can use any word any time. Obviously.

The reason AK picked you up when you said it was the context in which you used it, which some of us considered invalid. 

A quick 'yes'' 'or no' will suffice here..., You seem to use AK as some sort of barometer of greatness..,,,,,,,, was he the guy you watched having a chug on webcam?

2 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

It was the first image from the first artist in the alphabetical list from the gallery's website, the gallery he spelt wrong.

Being upper east side, they sell their over-priced stuff to the gullible, mainly rich old wifies and other clueless fucks.

in the met.

id happily be gullible\rich\old and live there