Name that Celeb

Ke1t

49 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

I mind a Super Stevie Stay Scottish banner on display in the Beach end prior to him going to Spurs. One for the older posters

Some player, right enough

Sad day when he left,but was it McNeill?  Fergie? who said he was a driven man,money always the main aim. Some career he ended up having though 

Johnny Hewiit a very skilful player.Think McCoist was quoted as saying he was the best player he ever played against,...am guessing in Scottish terms..

7 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

McDougall, Harper, Archibald, McGhee, Shearer. Special mention to Johnny Hewitt - quite apart from Gothenburg I think he was always very underrated

I don't think Hewitt's ability was in question, but I remember there were questions about his stamina... leading to Fergie using him later in games and tagging him with the Supersub label. 

14 hours ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

I mind a Super Stevie Stay Scottish banner on display in the Beach end prior to him going to Spurs. One for the older posters

Some player, right enough

Random memory fart.

When did the opposition move out of the beach end?  I remember the arse cheeks having it all and I remember wee teams like Hibs having maybe a quarter back left with a line of polis between us and them?  And there also used to be a few randoms at the Merkland end of the Main stand?   

2 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Random memory fart.

When did the opposition move out of the beach end?  I remember the arse cheeks having it all and I remember wee teams like Hibs having maybe a quarter back left with a line of polis between us and them?  And there also used to be a few randoms at the Merkland end of the Main stand?   

I think it was 1990 or 1991 min. It was the same year it made way for the construction of the Dick Donald Stand.

However, I seem to recall Duncan Ferguson scoring an injury time winner for Dundee United at that end in the new year's game in 1991 as it was cordoned off, but I may be wrong. 

Guest milne_afc
9 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I think it was 1990 or 1991 min. It was the same year it made way for the construction of the Dick Donald Stand.

However, I seem to recall Duncan Ferguson scoring an injury time winner for Dundee United at that end in the new year's game in 1991 as it was cordoned off, but I may be wrong. 

Huns were the last cunts in there at end of 91/92.

Fat cunt Ally scored 2 screamers - the cunt. The same day of the Thistle Altens bomb hoax.

47 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Huns were the last cunts in there at end of 91/92.

Fat cunt Ally scored 2 screamers - the cunt. The same day of the Thistle Altens bomb hoax.

Remember the rattle of the 2ps off the corrugated tin on the end of the  South Stand.

ah the memories 

That and seeing the outline of Hib's support silhouetted against the open back doors of the Beach.  Proper Mohicans and the knee length DMs.  Must have been turn of the eighties I suppose.  Simpler times.