Ross County 4 - 1 Aberdeen

14 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

One player according to you isn't good enough yet we got beat 4-1 by the team at the bottom of the league. So who is at I’d say the players are at fault.

I’d say the players were at fault to for not taking the chances and poor defending 

16 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

To get more out of the players maybe if 10 put of the 11 are good enough? 

What 

11 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Hi.

How’s The Northern Light Facebook chat going tonight? 

No idea I’m not on Facebook 

McInnes stabilised the ship from the disaster that was McGoo. He has been slithering down the competency slope for years - he cannot change games and does not learn from his mistakes - the same problems that lost him Bristol remain. His transfers have rarely improved the squad - he plays with fear against teams we should not be afraid of - he is an average manager - the fact that we have had some dreadful managers should not blind us to the fact that we don't have a good one just now. The weakness of Scottish football should not fool anyone with eyes that he is irreplaceable. It might take a while to get better as without Hedges we are bereft of any forward guile. Main, Stockley, Cosgrove are not good strikers - and one purple patch does not make Cosgrove anything other than a cart horse. We haven't had a proper striker since Rooney . Losing 4-1 to the bottom team in the league is unacceptable - if this was an isolated incident it wouldn't be such an issue but any Dons fan who can say they are astonished by that defeat simply hasn't been watching the team over the last 2 years.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, thurso said:

What 

No idea I’m not on Facebook 

Thurso, min. Today was indefensible whichever way you cut it and its McInnes's responsibility. Beyond today, the club has stagnated for years now - no progression, regression in standard of the fitba and not the slightest indication he can fix it. To me the last couple of weeks reek of the wheels coming aff 

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I get the distinct impression he’d want McInnes to say 

I didn’t hear the excellent bit. But did hear him talking about game management/how mcinnes likes to hold one for a 1-0/how mcinnes sees that as a good result. Didn’t sound like he a huge fan to me, but being diplomatic. 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You asked what I wanted a new manager to do that McInnes isn't doing. 

If 10 out of the 11 players are good enough why are they getting thrashed 4-1 at County and struggling against St Mirren and Hamilton?  Surely it's not all Main's fault? 

Ah sorry had a few drinks and totally misunderstood your post my fault had a few beers. 

It’s not all mains fault but what I meant was before the game started and you compared the two starting line ups main might of been the only one you would take out for a county player, the rest you would expect to be better than them. But frankly main isn’t good enough neither is taylor I’ll accept now logan isn’t now, although Iv defended him as he was a good player.

10 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Thurso, min. Today was indefensible whichever way you cut it and its McInnes's responsibility. Beyond today, the club has stagnated for years now - no progression, regression in standard of the fitba and not the slightest indication he can fix it. To me the last couple of weeks reek of the wheels coming aff 

I’m not saying it’s been good but today was a result that could of changed slightly if a chance or two had been taken by the strikers. 

I’ll state now I’m all for a new manager but like players you sign he has to be better than the ones you already have that’s the only way to improve 

1 hour ago, Sheepo said:

Any manager that signs and consistently plays Curtis Fucking Main deserves all he gets. Seeing Main run about like a headless chicken bashing into players with the touch of an elephant is absolutely embarrassing. In 8 Years under Mcinnes we have basically had one successful striker, with Cosgrove arguably a second. One maybe 2 decent strikers in 8 Years shows exactly the mind set of our manager. We had a player score over 20 goals playing up front the season before Mcinnes took over who Mcinnes in 8 Years has never once tried up top

The best penalty box goal scorer we’ve had for years spent half his time playing left wing. Clueless!

Ahh how times have changed, to think just a few years ago when we fucked it for the title. Game against Motherwell away which I recall us winning 2 or 3 nil. Sunday afternoon with a 3:30pm kick off live on sky, yet we still took 2-3k fans down such was the excitement. Like a few others have said, I think it’s such shite performances so often and this sitting off rangers and Celtic when coming up against them...it doesn’t even hurt anymore when we get beat 

12 minutes ago, Eastcoastdon said:

Ahh how times have changed, to think just a few years ago when we fucked it for the title. Game against Motherwell away which I recall us winning 2 or 3 nil. Sunday afternoon with a 3:30pm kick off live on sky, yet we still took 2-3k fans down such was the excitement. Like a few others have said, I think it’s such shite performances so often and this sitting off rangers and Celtic when coming up against them...it doesn’t even hurt anymore when we get beat 

that does'nt make any sense . Fucked it for the title ? then you go on to say we beat Well !!

7 minutes ago, redstrummer said:

that does'nt make any sense . Fucked it for the title ? then you go on to say we beat Well !!

Well it clearly makes sense if you remember it was the season we fucked it for the title...I was using the Motherwell game of that season as an example for having so many fans there on a Sunday with game on sky. Shock afc-chat negative again, are there any happy cunts on here 

Difficult to know where to even start.. 

Thought ferguson and mccrorie were absolutely useless. We should have been level at break but our defending was woeful. 

Lewis absolutely clangers esque today. Lost 4 goals, think they only had 5 shots om target. 

Difficult to understand the subs. It's like mcinnes has lost interest and is going through the motions. 

Genuinely never saw that result coming. 

Special mention to Curtis main and cosgrove, both absolutely shite. Almost as shite as Ross County stream. 

Kieran ngwenya also looked fucking dire. He was hooked at an u18s game as was getting run around earlier last year. I don't think mcinnes is including him thinking he's good. 

2 hours ago, Sheepo said:

Any manager that signs and consistently plays Curtis Fucking Main deserves all he gets. Seeing Main run about like a headless chicken bashing into players with the touch of an elephant is absolutely embarrassing. In 8 Years under Mcinnes we have basically had one successful striker, with Cosgrove arguably a second. One maybe 2 decent strikers in 8 Years shows exactly the mind set of our manager. We had a player score over 20 goals playing up front the season before Mcinnes took over who Mcinnes in 8 Years has never once tried up top

This. How many times a game does main needlessly give away a foul for no apparent reason. Fucking murder. 

1 hour ago, DD1903 said:

I didn’t hear the excellent bit. But did hear him talking about game management/how mcinnes likes to hold one for a 1-0/how mcinnes sees that as a good result. Didn’t sound like he a huge fan to me, but being diplomatic. 

I think both Miller and RG are being diplomatic, thinking mcinnes time is up.