Burns night

Clydeside_Sheep

16 hours ago, Parklife said:

The Scottish cringe is strong in this one. 

It isn't a cringe to ask a legitimate question, I didn't say there was anything wrong with burns nights.

The responses seem to indicate a divide where either they are an unknown to you, or for others they are more common: but fun in a general social sense, rather than in terms of tradition or out of devotion to the bard and his work.

In retrospect it would have been better to frame the question as does anyone actually like / know much about Robert Burns, rather than  ask about the celebrations (given most folk would be attracted by drink and food in any context).

4 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

It isn't a cringe to ask a legitimate question, I didn't say there was anything wrong with burns nights.

The responses seem to indicate a divide where either they are an unknown to you, or for others they are more common: but fun in a general social sense, rather than in terms of tradition or out of devotion to the bard and his work.

In retrospect it would have been better to frame the question as does anyone actually like / know much about Robert Burns, rather than  ask about the celebrations (given most folk would be attracted by drink and food in any context).

It's just typical of you to slag off anything Scottish. It's completely fits with every other post. My comment wasn't based on this one post, it was based on your entire posting history. 

You have, IMO, a massive Scottish Cringe. 

• Dildo 1
8 hours ago, Parklife said:

It's just typical of you to slag off anything Scottish. It's completely fits with every other post. My comment wasn't based on this one post, it was based on your entire posting history. 

You have, IMO, a massive Scottish Cringe. 

Embarrassing to have such a low opinion of your own people,  history and culture.  He should fuck off to England or Ireland,  he'd be much more at home. 

12 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

If you go to a proper Burns night someone always gives the "immortal memory" speech which is all about the man himself, his life, loves (he was without doubt a top shagger) and work.