Fraser Hornby

8 hours ago, donswin1983 said:

He’s not had a great time of it injury wise, but in the time he has been on the park, he’s offered very little. Hard to see anything that justify’s the French club that forked out 2m for him. Feels like just another example of someone that’s grossly over rated coz they’re around the fringes of an EPL team. Hope he has a decent career, but feels like another Oliver Burke type.

I called it in the first few pages on here. He would be at a level where we could get him in the summer.

I'd pull back the comments if i could be arsed.

Countless posters said he was out of our reach. LOL 3 goals in his career to date - thats like Dean Campbell 

• Dildo 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I hope we’re not looking to re-sign Hendry.

Nothing against the lad, he’s a trier, but he’s just not good enough.

We’ll not improve with St Johnstone reserves. 

He's shit. 

Could do more work with Hornby, he's a better player overall. 

12 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

He's shit. 

Could do more work with Hornby, he's a better player overall. 

I wouldn’t want either. Hornby doesn’t look like a goal scorer. 
And if JET is incoming next week as Martindale suggested today, we need a quality, 1st pick centre forward (by our standards) that we can expect to start the majority of the games & get us 15-20 goals. 

JET might be handy occasionally & offer something off the bench that we just don’t have just now.

We desperately need pace in the team.

At least one winger required. 

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

There's going to be a meltdown on here next week if Thomas and Robertson sign. 

And quite rightly.

Bizarre and unwelcome signings.

Just now, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

And quite rightly.

Bizarre and unwelcome signings.

Thomas is a decent player.  Just not the goalscorer we need.  And older than I would like. Hardly merits a meltdown though. 

We've got two months to get players in. I'll save my meltdown until I see the bigger picture. If he's the best forward we've signed by the beginning of August then that's a different story. 

8 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Thomas is a decent player.  Just not the goalscorer we need.  And older than I would like. Hardly merits a meltdown though. 

We've got two months to get players in. I'll save my meltdown until I see the bigger picture. If he's the best forward we've signed by the beginning of August then that's a different story. 

I'd be keen for signing JET if he was 4/5 years younger, just coming into his peak. The fact he's 30 makes it a weird one. 

Robertson is a fanny and it sickens me he might pull on the red and white of our club again. A waste man in the extreme. 

Apparently Glass fancies one of the strikers we've just had on loan..

Awful.  

The only thing I can say positive about JET is that coming from Livi, his wage demands shouldn't be breaking any budgets. He clearly has a decent touch but he never stays anywhere for long and he certainly doesn't score many goals, save for one shortish spell at Bristol City (although "prolific" isn't a word I'd use to describe it either). Also note he has played left back during his career.

But if it happens, that would put our first 3 new signings (4 if you include Woods) all over the age of 30. Not over the hill by any manner of means (obviously the jury is out on Brown at this stage) but not exactly great for even medium term forward planning