Fraser Hornby

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

There's going to be a meltdown on here next week if Thomas and Robertson sign. 

And quite rightly.

Bizarre and unwelcome signings.

Just now, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

And quite rightly.

Bizarre and unwelcome signings.

Thomas is a decent player.  Just not the goalscorer we need.  And older than I would like. Hardly merits a meltdown though. 

We've got two months to get players in. I'll save my meltdown until I see the bigger picture. If he's the best forward we've signed by the beginning of August then that's a different story. 

8 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Thomas is a decent player.  Just not the goalscorer we need.  And older than I would like. Hardly merits a meltdown though. 

We've got two months to get players in. I'll save my meltdown until I see the bigger picture. If he's the best forward we've signed by the beginning of August then that's a different story. 

I'd be keen for signing JET if he was 4/5 years younger, just coming into his peak. The fact he's 30 makes it a weird one. 

Robertson is a fanny and it sickens me he might pull on the red and white of our club again. A waste man in the extreme. 

Apparently Glass fancies one of the strikers we've just had on loan..

Awful.  

The only thing I can say positive about JET is that coming from Livi, his wage demands shouldn't be breaking any budgets. He clearly has a decent touch but he never stays anywhere for long and he certainly doesn't score many goals, save for one shortish spell at Bristol City (although "prolific" isn't a word I'd use to describe it either). Also note he has played left back during his career.

But if it happens, that would put our first 3 new signings (4 if you include Woods) all over the age of 30. Not over the hill by any manner of means (obviously the jury is out on Brown at this stage) but not exactly great for even medium term forward planning

11 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Apparently Glass fancies one of the strikers we've just had on loan..

Awful.  

I’d find that incredible.

Hornby has offered nothing.

Kamberi has a stinking attitude & plays only when he can be arsed.

Hendry has scored 3 goals in about 15(?) but has looked limited.

I’d really hope he doesn’t see any of them as worth re-signing. 

13 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’d find that incredible.

Hornby has offered nothing.

Kamberi has a stinking attitude & plays only when he can be arsed.

Hendry has scored 3 goals in about 15(?) but has looked limited.

I’d really hope he doesn’t see any of them as worth re-signing. 

I agree that Thomas is another player over 30 and that he isn't a goalscorer. 

But he can play across a front three and might be a handy player to have for a year. 

But if he's the best striker we get in over the next 2 months then I'll be joining the Simpsons torch scene with everyone else.

The Robertson signing just seems pointless to me. At the moment anyway. 

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I agree that Thomas is another player over 30 and that he isn't a goalscorer. 

But he can play across a front three and might be a handy player to have for a year. 

But if he's the best striker we get in over the next 2 months then I'll be joining the Simpsons torch scene with everyone else.

The Robertson signing just seems pointless to me. At the moment anyway. 

Agree with this. I don't think he will be the only forward coming in, but he could be something a bit different to unlock defences in certain games. Robertson, I will wait and see as I have no idea how he has developed not too impressed with it but prepared to wait until all next seasons squad is in place before pissing my pants about it

Reims will be raging with us for never playing him but they'll be on the phone in July offering Hornby for £300k and then on the phone in August offering him on loan again. 

I called it in January. He is a player we can develop. I think he's got a great chance of making it.

30 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Reims will be raging with us for never playing him but they'll be on the phone in July offering Hornby for £300k and then on the phone in August offering him on loan again. 

I called it in January. He is a player we can develop. I think he's got a great chance of making it.

Interesting observation. He's a player that has glimpses but the reality is he would cost too much money in wages and transfer fee to be a "project" player. I would personally be annoyed if he was back in any shape or form be it loan or permanent. 

1 hour ago, slippers said:

Interesting observation. He's a player that has glimpses but the reality is he would cost too much money in wages and transfer fee to be a "project" player. I would personally be annoyed if he was back in any shape or form be it loan or permanent. 

Yes, because of his contract situation and the £1m transfer fee he might have to wait longer but when he starts again at a lower level he'll work out and go on to better things

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

?

PM me your dealers number please mate