Fraser Hornby

3 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Was nice barely knowing you Hornby.

When will serious questions be asked about what we actually do at Cormack Park? The amount of injuries we have had is far too many now to be considered just unlucky.

For Hornby I suspect it’s to do with suddenly going from no games to playing 3 games in a week.

As for the other injuries fuck knows. 
You do wonder why season after season we seem to be amongst the worst affected by injuries.

It can’t all be down to bad luck. 

14 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

According to McInnes, the professional training pitch at Cormack Park is of a totally different construction to Pittodrie and hence why we get so many muscle based injuries on home match days.

We won’t see a 100% fit Hornby again in a Dons shirt, I shouldn’t think. MIGHT make the last 2 games but will be a long shot. 

It beggars fucking belief they’re not the same.

Almost amateurish in fact.

Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

It beggars fucking belief they’re not the same.

Almost amateurish in fact.

Would it matter? 

We used to train at Balgownie and various other venues around the city. 

3 of our 11 away games are played on artificial surfaces and the other 8 are on different grass pitches.  

If this theory was true players would be dropping like flies every week. 

It's pish. 

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Shame for Hornby.

Back to the Dons in the summer would not surprise me one bit. I think he could be very decent with a proper pre season etc.

I know a lot of Dons fans rated him very very highly but I still think he's a long way away from fulfilling his price tag, potential etc

The new manager might not rate him same as McInnes though. 
From what I saw he was only decent in that first 20 minutes against Kilmarnock, but maybe after not playing much lately he needed a few games to find his feet.

I doubt we’ll ever know 

25 minutes ago, Roberto said:

As a matter of interest, based on what?

1 dribble and a shot wide?

He's not a player I was familiar with at all but when he signed every one on here shot me down that he could be a long term player for us.

Everyone said he was out of our league due to the high transfer fees he's went for in the past.

Having seen a couple of games I think he'll be playing another season at our level

9 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The new manager might not rate him same as McInnes though. 
From what I saw he was only decent in that first 20 minutes against Kilmarnock, but maybe after not playing much lately he needed a few games to find his feet.

I doubt we’ll ever know 

If McInnes is our manager we can guarantee he's interested (and we currently need to sign 3-4 strikers for July).

Even if we change manager Reims/Hornby might be so desperate they phone up the new manager. 

5 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Can I ask again what you saw in those couple of games because in the first 2 he was fucking shite, slow and didn't really win... anything.

The last game, he had a dribble and a shot wide.

His runs as a striker aren't where you'd expect a striker to go, it was hard to watch.

I think he is very much below our level.

And what level has our level been for a good few months.    I’d go for bottom level so he can’t go below that. Signed by a manager who’s lost interest. 

• Dildo 1
20 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Can I ask again what you saw in those couple of games because in the first 2 he was fucking shite, slow and didn't really win... anything.

The last game, he had a dribble and a shot wide.

His runs as a striker aren't where you'd expect a striker to go, it was hard to watch.

I think he is very much below our level.

I've seen nothing in him at all.

I'm challenging the comments of those at the start of this thread that said we couldnt keep him. I said at the time he waa another James Wilson and we could keep him. (and if McInnes is manager then we will)

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Not by me it's not

3rd still very much achievable 

If they lose or draw their game in hand, and we beat them post split then there;'s every chance we can sneak 3rd. 

We have two winnable games (no laughing at the back) out of next three, with Hamilton and Dundee United (possibly 3 if we're looking at Celtic being disjointed after losing Lennon), so we really need to be picking up 6 points MINIMUM from those to give us a chance. 

Not lost hope yet. 

15 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

If they lose or draw their game in hand, and we beat them post split then there;'s every chance we can sneak 3rd. 

We have two winnable games (no laughing at the back) out of next three, with Hamilton and Dundee United (possibly 3 if we're looking at Celtic being disjointed after losing Lennon), so we really need to be picking up 6 points MINIMUM from those to give us a chance. 

Not lost hope yet. 

I think 6 wins from 8 is what would be required.

It's not impossible if we win the Hamilton and United games before the split.

We then go in to post split needing to beat Hibs, Livvie and St Mirren, and one of Huns/Tims.

Not likely but not impossible. We are utter dog shit but we could get lucky depending on which teams actually have anything to play for at the point we play them.

I expect we won't be good enough pre split. I don't think we'll get the 2/3 wins required.

2 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I think 6 wins from 8 is what would be required.

It's not impossible if we win the Hamilton and United games before the split.

We then go in to post split needing to beat Hibs, Livvie and St Mirren, and one of Huns/Tims.

Not likely but not impossible. We are utter dog shit but we could get lucky depending on which teams actually have anything to play for at the point we play them.

I expect we won't be good enough pre split. I don't think we'll get the 2/3 wins required.

I think you're overstating how good Hibs are. hey were absolutely shite against us till they scored. I don't see them getting too many points either post split, although their form going into it is better than ours.

If we get 6 points from next 3 games I think we'll close the gap a bit. Ideally we'd need 9 to really push them, but that's not going to happen. 

2 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

I think you're overstating how good Hibs are. hey were absolutely shite against us till they scored. I don't see them getting too many points either post split, although their form going into it is better than ours.

If we get 6 points from next 3 games I think we'll close the gap a bit. Ideally we'd need 9 to really push them, but that's not going to happen. 

My 6 wins forecast allows Hibs to get 13 points from 9 games; 4 wins, 1 draw and 4 defeats.