Fraser Hornby

21 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Reims will be raging with us for never playing him but they'll be on the phone in July offering Hornby for £300k and then on the phone in August offering him on loan again. 

I called it in January. He is a player we can develop. I think he's got a great chance of making it.

Tord, I fully agree, they will be trying to offload him to get some experience, get him on loan as our 3/4 striker.

21 hours ago, thurso said:

The Fraser Hornby I seen play for Scotland under 21s should definitely be given a chance. Sadly I think his time here has been bad cos of injuries 

Haven’t all his goals come against san marino and andorra? If any of the players at that level were remotely good they’d be in the first team so it doesn’t bear thinking about how shite their under 21s must be 

1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Haven’t all his goals come against san marino and andorra? If any of the players at that level were remotely good they’d be in the first team so it doesn’t bear thinking about how shite their under 21s must be 

He did score 2 hatricks against San Marino and Andorra I think but he also got 2 goals against Holland in a 2-1 win. At one point when he was scoring for the under 21s and we were struggling for strikers in the top team there was talk of moving him up. 

10 hours ago, thurso said:

He did score 2 hatricks against San Marino and Andorra I think but he also got 2 goals against Holland in a 2-1 win. At one point when he was scoring for the under 21s and we were struggling for strikers in the top team there was talk of moving him up. 

Thank fuck Clarke never listened to anyone suggesting that then

10 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

It's harsh on Hornby as his contract situation is going to stop his development. He needs to get out on a loan in the lower divisions. Maybe England League one or two would be his best bet next season.

His inability to stay fit is going to stop his development. 

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

It's harsh on Hornby as his contract situation is going to stop his development. He needs to get out on a loan in the lower divisions. Maybe England League one or two would be his best bet next season.

It's harsh that he's loaded? Sure he can take a pay cut to help his development since he's been so poorly treated

9 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

It's harsh that he's loaded? Sure he can take a pay cut to help his development since he's been so poorly treated

Probably needs a season kicking his heels first but interesting one to watch where he goes this summer. He's certainly not gonna play in Ligue1 any time soon