Aberdeen 0 - 2 Livingston

6 minutes ago, Patty said:

His point is if we had more fans turn up and do their bit. Then we’d have an even bigger budget for the current manager to waste. 

Oh come on. 

for every shiteplayer i.e Gleeson there's a good one, like errr Forrester. For every Nicky Maynard there's a Stevie May., for every Dom Ball there's a Funso O.... who am i kidding! 

I'm not even sure if it's just the actual players, quite a number of them were better before they came to Aberdeen! So he's buying in guys that should do a job, and then somehow turning them into shit.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Oh come on. 

for every shiteplayer i.e Gleeson there's a good one, like errr Forrester. For every Nicky Maynard there's a Stevie May., for every Dom Ball there's a Funso O.... who am i kidding! 

I'm not even sure if it's just the actual players, quite a number of them were better before they came to Aberdeen! So he's buying in guys that should do a job, and then somehow turning them into shit.

I think your being a bit harsh on stevie may I don’t think he was as bad as is made out here I also think Gleason never got a run of games as he was signed the same time as ferguson and they didn’t expect him to be so good and play the whole time straight away 

8 minutes ago, thurso said:

I think your being a bit harsh on stevie may I don’t think he was as bad as is made out here I also think Gleason never got a run of games as he was signed the same time as ferguson and they didn’t expect him to be so good and play the whole time straight away 

Yeah I know.

I really wanted it to work out with May, and bar the lack of goals he wasn't so bad.  I still check St Johnstone results and kinda hope that he gets back to being a player he was before moving down south.

Gleeson looked really unfit and disinterested. There's always a reason McInnes doesn't play someone and if it's not because you're shite, it's because you've a terrible attitude. I.e. Anderson. 

4 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

What was your point?  We shouldn't criticise the manager or players because our support is shite? 

No, if the fans turned up every week and put money into the club then we really would have no excuse for the way things are at the moment. The manager would have a bigger budget and there would be more pressure on the team to perform. If we went from 20k crowds every home game to 10-15k then there would be no argument for a change of manager. At the moment it’s difficult for the board to justify a change.

7 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

No, if the fans turned up every week and put money into the club then we really would have no excuse for the way things are at the moment. The manager would have a bigger budget and there would be more pressure on the team to perform. If we went from 20k crowds every home game to 10-15k then there would be no argument for a change of manager. At the moment it’s difficult for the board to justify a change.

We've never had 20k home games every week. Even in Fergie's heydey. 

20 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

No, if the fans turned up every week and put money into the club then we really would have no excuse for the way things are at the moment. The manager would have a bigger budget and there would be more pressure on the team to perform. 

We're getting pumped by teams with a fraction of our budget like County and Livvy at the moment. 

41 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

?

What the HC's don't seem to fathom is that the fair-weather fans are the real life blood of the club. Cormack and co are counting on the HC's to spunk their DNA and Season Ticket money every year but where the money's really at is those 40,000 fans that went to ParkRed... If you make it worthwhile they'll clearly come... if you punt unentertaining gash they'll spend their money elsewhere. So that's the real difference between 8,000 and 12,000 season tickets... If there were crowds allowed in at Pittodrie right now they'd be lucky to get 8,000 fans... Usually 10k is when the previous chairman started getting an itchy sphincter... DMc would be gone if crowd's were allowed in right now...

11 hours ago, dj_bollocks said:

What the HC's don't seem to fathom is that the fair-weather fans are the real life blood of the club. Cormack and co are counting on the HC's to spunk their DNA and Season Ticket money every year but where the money's really at is those 40,000 fans that went to ParkRed... If you make it worthwhile they'll clearly come... if you punt unentertaining gash they'll spend their money elsewhere. So that's the real difference between 8,000 and 12,000 season tickets... If there were crowds allowed in at Pittodrie right now they'd be lucky to get 8,000 fans... Usually 10k is when the previous chairman started getting an itchy sphincter... DMc would be gone if crowd's were allowed in right now...

As was said above even in the glory days of the 80s attendances were never full so not sure what would get full houses into pittodrie 

12 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Apart from the poor results, the poor performances, poor recruitment of players, the run of form that's going to see us into 5th before too long, and the fans running out of patience, I agreed. I can see no reason for the board to make a change. It's not as if getting into 3rd, at least, is vital in giving us a massive chance of getting into the group stages of European Football.  That's only a few million into the coffers.  ?

12 hours ago, dj_bollocks said:

We have made it worthwhile, the season we ran Celtic close when we were winning games and scoring goals. Still couldn’t sell out the stadium. If we can get 40k (and wanting more tickets) for a cup final then why can’t we get half that for league games? My point is if people genuinely want us to do more than third place then people need to start turning up and putting more money into the club. 

• Downvote 1
4 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

We have made it worthwhile, the season we ran Celtic close when we were winning games and scoring goals. Still couldn’t sell out the stadium. If we can get 40k (and wanting more tickets) for a cup final then why can’t we get half that for league games? My point is if people genuinely want us to do more than third place then people need to start turning up and putting more money into the club. 

The problem is we aren’t even doing 3rd place now. Since AberDNA came in and the training centre, we have been on the decline. 

Not everyone can afford a season ticket or go to the football regularly. Where as more folk will be able to justify a once in a generation winnable cup final trip. 

As has been proven before, it McInnes was given the extra funds he’d only waste it.

50 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Im intrigued.  Is that a reciprocal relationship you're suggesting? 

At its very best conclusion on average (taking economies of scale into it) we can either be just third or be a darn tootin exciting third. We'd still be third, in terms of financial reward.  Now that's not to be sniffed at particularly given the last two years and the euro restructure this year.  But averages are just that. You'll always get outliers.  Celtic this year potentially being the latest said outlier that we should be challenging.

But the reality is how much of our incomes do you suggest we spend supporting, reinforcing but not breaking down the self aggrandised glass ceiling.   

18 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Im intrigued.  Is that a reciprocal relationship you're suggesting? 

At its very best conclusion on average (taking economies of scale into it) we can either be just third or be a darn tootin exciting third. We'd still be third, in terms of financial reward.  Now that's not to be sniffed at particularly given the last two years and the euro restructure this year.  But averages are just that. You'll always get outliers.  Celtic this year potentially being the latest said outlier that we should be challenging.

But the reality is how much of our incomes do you suggest we spend supporting, reinforcing but not breaking down the self aggrandised glass ceiling.   

Well people keep banging on about ambition so I assume they would be happy to spend most of our income on the playing squad. 

• Downvote 1
1 hour ago, Patty said:

The problem is we aren’t even doing 3rd place now. Since AberDNA came in and the training centre, we have been on the decline. 

Not everyone can afford a season ticket or go to the football regularly. Where as more folk will be able to justify a once in a generation winnable cup final trip. 

As has been proven before, it McInnes was given the extra funds he’d only waste it.

Aberdeen and the surrounding areas are hardly poor. Celtic and sevco can sell out every week and we all know how deprived most of Glasgow is.

• Downvote 1
7 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Well people keep banging on about ambition so I assume they would be happy to spend most of our income on the playing squad. 

We should be playing better football and not losing games to bottom 6 sides on a regular basis on the budget that we have already. 

It is as simple as that. 

Being outplayed and outclassed by sides like St Mirren, Livingstone and Motherwell isn't a lack of ambition, it's poor tactics, poor recruitment and just a lack of good management. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

We should be playing better football and not losing games to bottom 6 sides on a regular basis on the budget that we have already. 

It is as simple as that. 

Being outplayed and outclassed by sides like St Mirren, Livingstone and Motherwell isn't a lack of ambition, it's poor tactics, poor recruitment and just a lack of good management. 

Precisely.  "The game" wants us to invest to be plucky losers.  That we cant even be that is entirely down to us.

27 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Aberdeen and the surrounding areas are hardly poor. Celtic and sevco can sell out every week and we all know how deprived most of Glasgow is.

Glasgow and surrounding areas has over 2 million people. It's not difficult to see how they can get a much larger support. 

They also have both been successful for generations and generations, so there are generations of Huns and Tims passing down their support to their kids and then their kids, that's why they've got this massive support, that and they are winning games and playing better football on a consistent basis. They've got a rivalry that drives it.

Our average attendance has increased by quite a bit since McInnes took over anyways, it was 9k back in 2011, it went up to a high of almost 18k in McInnes peak period, 2014/2015/2016. 

That shows that if we're playing good football and competing then the fans will come back. We're not going to get 40k every week just because that's how many turned up at the Cup Final. That's just stupid. But doubling our attendance after an improvement in fortunes shows that we CAN make a difference to the numbers by actually being good at football.

When Celtic were struggling their average attendance went down to 18k-20k. So even they will struggline to get fans in if their team aren't competing.  It's the same with Rangers. Theirs was as low as 17k at one point. 

I dread to think what the attendances would have been last season and this season, next season as well might be a struggle if McInnes stays on and we limp to 4th. 

27 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Glasgow and surrounding areas has over 2 million people. It's not difficult to see how they can get a much larger support. 

They also have both been successful for generations and generations, so there are generations of Huns and Tims passing down their support to their kids and then their kids, that's why they've got this massive support, that and they are winning games and playing better football on a consistent basis. They've got a rivalry that drives it.

Our average attendance has increased by quite a bit since McInnes took over anyways, it was 9k back in 2011, it went up to a high of almost 18k in McInnes peak period, 2014/2015/2016. 

That shows that if we're playing good football and competing then the fans will come back. We're not going to get 40k every week just because that's how many turned up at the Cup Final. That's just stupid. But doubling our attendance after an improvement in fortunes shows that we CAN make a difference to the numbers by actually being good at football.

When Celtic were struggling their average attendance went down to 18k-20k. So even they will struggline to get fans in if their team aren't competing.  It's the same with Rangers. Theirs was as low as 17k at one point. 

I dread to think what the attendances would have been last season and this season, next season as well might be a struggle if McInnes stays on and we limp to 4th. 

We have a small pool of folks* who want to go to the fitba in the N/E. Thats not a criticism.just what it is.You cant force people to the fitba if theyre not interested,so I dont get why folks use this as a reason to criticise.Look at our Euro champs season in '83/84,if ever there was a reason for glory hunters to turn out it was back then,but our average gate was 17'500.You could argue fair play to the locals for not jumping on the bandwagon.Our current crowds havent decreased a significant amount since then,despite the ups and downs of various regimes

The folks that are into the fitba,also seem to go to a higher than average amount of away games compared to other fans going by our away supports

*Which may be because we have a good range of sport alternatives up here,via some great Golf courses,fishing,high than average participation of playing football on a Saturday,more participants in Cricket per head than in England I believe??  ?