Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dj_bollocks

Aberdeen 0 - 2 Livingston

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

No, if the fans turned up every week and put money into the club then we really would have no excuse for the way things are at the moment. The manager would have a bigger budget and there would be more pressure on the team to perform. If we went from 20k crowds every home game to 10-15k then there would be no argument for a change of manager. At the moment it’s difficult for the board to justify a change.

We've never had 20k home games every week. Even in Fergie's heydey. 

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

No, if the fans turned up every week and put money into the club then we really would have no excuse for the way things are at the moment. The manager would have a bigger budget and there would be more pressure on the team to perform. 

We're getting pumped by teams with a fraction of our budget like County and Livvy at the moment. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, maryhilldon said:

We're getting pumped by teams with a fraction of our budget like County and Livvy at the moment. 

He can't be serious, surely. 

You can only judge the manager if we are getting full houses? 

Must be a wind up. 

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

No, if the fans turned up every week and put money into the club then we really would have no excuse for the way things are at the moment. The manager would have a bigger budget and there would be more pressure on the team to perform. If we went from 20k crowds every home game to 10-15k then there would be no argument for a change of manager. At the moment it’s difficult for the board to justify a change.

🤣

Share this post


Link to post

What the HC's don't seem to fathom is that the fair-weather fans are the real life blood of the club. Cormack and co are counting on the HC's to spunk their DNA and Season Ticket money every year but where the money's really at is those 40,000 fans that went to ParkRed... If you make it worthwhile they'll clearly come... if you punt unentertaining gash they'll spend their money elsewhere. So that's the real difference between 8,000 and 12,000 season tickets... If there were crowds allowed in at Pittodrie right now they'd be lucky to get 8,000 fans... Usually 10k is when the previous chairman started getting an itchy sphincter... DMc would be gone if crowd's were allowed in right now...

Share this post


Link to post

Given the absence of ambition at AFC, it' time to change the club badge. 

Know your fucking place. 

spacer.png

  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Given the absence of ambition at AFC, it' time to change the club badge. 

Know your fucking place. 

spacer.png

Clever

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Given the absence of ambition at AFC, it' time to change the club badge. 

Know your fucking place. 

spacer.png

Take the ball out of the goal while you're at it.

  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

Take the ball out of the goal while you're at it.

Just superimpose Joe Lewis in the goals, then the ball in the net is accurate.

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, dj_bollocks said:

What the HC's don't seem to fathom is that the fair-weather fans are the real life blood of the club. Cormack and co are counting on the HC's to spunk their DNA and Season Ticket money every year but where the money's really at is those 40,000 fans that went to ParkRed... If you make it worthwhile they'll clearly come... if you punt unentertaining gash they'll spend their money elsewhere. So that's the real difference between 8,000 and 12,000 season tickets... If there were crowds allowed in at Pittodrie right now they'd be lucky to get 8,000 fans... Usually 10k is when the previous chairman started getting an itchy sphincter... DMc would be gone if crowd's were allowed in right now...

As was said above even in the glory days of the 80s attendances were never full so not sure what would get full houses into pittodrie 

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, thurso said:

As was said above even in the glory days of the 80s attendances were never full so not sure what would get full houses into pittodrie 

Topless cheerleaders? Not everyone's cup of tea though(shooftahmooftah)

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

No, if the fans turned up every week and put money into the club then we really would have no excuse for the way things are at the moment. The manager would have a bigger budget and there would be more pressure on the team to perform. If we went from 20k crowds every home game to 10-15k then there would be no argument for a change of manager. At the moment it’s difficult for the board to justify a change.

Apart from the poor results, the poor performances, poor recruitment of players, the run of form that's going to see us into 5th before too long, and the fans running out of patience, I agreed. I can see no reason for the board to make a change. It's not as if getting into 3rd, at least, is vital in giving us a massive chance of getting into the group stages of European Football.  That's only a few million into the coffers.  🤡

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Topless cheerleaders? Not everyone's cup of tea though(shooftahmooftah)

Why stop at topless should be fullly naked 

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, dj_bollocks said:

What the HC's don't seem to fathom is that the fair-weather fans are the real life blood of the club. Cormack and co are counting on the HC's to spunk their DNA and Season Ticket money every year but where the money's really at is those 40,000 fans that went to ParkRed... If you make it worthwhile they'll clearly come... if you punt unentertaining gash they'll spend their money elsewhere. So that's the real difference between 8,000 and 12,000 season tickets... If there were crowds allowed in at Pittodrie right now they'd be lucky to get 8,000 fans... Usually 10k is when the previous chairman started getting an itchy sphincter... DMc would be gone if crowd's were allowed in right now...

We have made it worthwhile, the season we ran Celtic close when we were winning games and scoring goals. Still couldn’t sell out the stadium. If we can get 40k (and wanting more tickets) for a cup final then why can’t we get half that for league games? My point is if people genuinely want us to do more than third place then people need to start turning up and putting more money into the club. 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

We have made it worthwhile, the season we ran Celtic close when we were winning games and scoring goals. Still couldn’t sell out the stadium. If we can get 40k (and wanting more tickets) for a cup final then why can’t we get half that for league games? My point is if people genuinely want us to do more than third place then people need to start turning up and putting more money into the club. 

The problem is we aren’t even doing 3rd place now. Since AberDNA came in and the training centre, we have been on the decline. 
 

Not everyone can afford a season ticket or go to the football regularly. Where as more folk will be able to justify a once in a generation winnable cup final trip. 
 

As has been proven before, it McInnes was given the extra funds he’d only waste it.

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

We have made it worthwhile, the season we ran Celtic close when we were winning games and scoring goals. Still couldn’t sell out the stadium. If we can get 40k (and wanting more tickets) for a cup final then why can’t we get half that for league games? My point is if people genuinely want us to do more than third place then people need to start turning up and putting more money into the club. 

Im intrigued.  Is that a reciprocal relationship you're suggesting? 

At its very best conclusion on average (taking economies of scale into it) we can either be just third or be a darn tootin exciting third. We'd still be third, in terms of financial reward.  Now that's not to be sniffed at particularly given the last two years and the euro restructure this year.  But averages are just that. You'll always get outliers.  Celtic this year potentially being the latest said outlier that we should be challenging.

But the reality is how much of our incomes do you suggest we spend supporting, reinforcing but not breaking down the self aggrandised glass ceiling.   

Edited by strachanmcgheegoal

Share this post


Link to post

The above is not specific to us of course.  Were I a bog dancer with half a brain Im sure Id be viewing the latest calls to arms, promises of reviews, importance of revenge, re-imposing order blah blah exactly the same way.  Just orchestrated artificiality.  

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Im intrigued.  Is that a reciprocal relationship you're suggesting? 

At its very best conclusion on average (taking economies of scale into it) we can either be just third or be a darn tootin exciting third. We'd still be third, in terms of financial reward.  Now that's not to be sniffed at particularly given the last two years and the euro restructure this year.  But averages are just that. You'll always get outliers.  Celtic this year potentially being the latest said outlier that we should be challenging.

But the reality is how much of our incomes do you suggest we spend supporting, reinforcing but not breaking down the self aggrandised glass ceiling.   

Well people keep banging on about ambition so I assume they would be happy to spend most of our income on the playing squad. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Patty said:

The problem is we aren’t even doing 3rd place now. Since AberDNA came in and the training centre, we have been on the decline. 
 

Not everyone can afford a season ticket or go to the football regularly. Where as more folk will be able to justify a once in a generation winnable cup final trip. 
 

As has been proven before, it McInnes was given the extra funds he’d only waste it.

Aberdeen and the surrounding areas are hardly poor. Celtic and sevco can sell out every week and we all know how deprived most of Glasgow is.

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Well people keep banging on about ambition so I assume they would be happy to spend most of our income on the playing squad. 

We should be playing better football and not losing games to bottom 6 sides on a regular basis on the budget that we have already. 

It is as simple as that. 

Being outplayed and outclassed by sides like St Mirren, Livingstone and Motherwell isn't a lack of ambition, it's poor tactics, poor recruitment and just a lack of good management. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

We should be playing better football and not losing games to bottom 6 sides on a regular basis on the budget that we have already. 

It is as simple as that. 

Being outplayed and outclassed by sides like St Mirren, Livingstone and Motherwell isn't a lack of ambition, it's poor tactics, poor recruitment and just a lack of good management. 

Precisely.  "The game" wants us to invest to be plucky losers.  That we cant even be that is entirely down to us.

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Aberdeen and the surrounding areas are hardly poor. Celtic and sevco can sell out every week and we all know how deprived most of Glasgow is.

Glasgow and surrounding areas has over 2 million people. It's not difficult to see how they can get a much larger support. 

They also have both been successful for generations and generations, so there are generations of Huns and Tims passing down their support to their kids and then their kids, that's why they've got this massive support, that and they are winning games and playing better football on a consistent basis. They've got a rivalry that drives it.

Our average attendance has increased by quite a bit since McInnes took over anyways, it was 9k back in 2011, it went up to a high of almost 18k in McInnes peak period, 2014/2015/2016. 

That shows that if we're playing good football and competing then the fans will come back. We're not going to get 40k every week just because that's how many turned up at the Cup Final. That's just stupid. But doubling our attendance after an improvement in fortunes shows that we CAN make a difference to the numbers by actually being good at football.

When Celtic were struggling their average attendance went down to 18k-20k. So even they will struggline to get fans in if their team aren't competing.  It's the same with Rangers. Theirs was as low as 17k at one point. 

I dread to think what the attendances would have been last season and this season, next season as well might be a struggle if McInnes stays on and we limp to 4th. 

Edited by StandFree1982

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Glasgow and surrounding areas has over 2 million people. It's not difficult to see how they can get a much larger support. 

They also have both been successful for generations and generations, so there are generations of Huns and Tims passing down their support to their kids and then their kids, that's why they've got this massive support, that and they are winning games and playing better football on a consistent basis. They've got a rivalry that drives it.

Our average attendance has increased by quite a bit since McInnes took over anyways, it was 9k back in 2011, it went up to a high of almost 18k in McInnes peak period, 2014/2015/2016. 

That shows that if we're playing good football and competing then the fans will come back. We're not going to get 40k every week just because that's how many turned up at the Cup Final. That's just stupid. But doubling our attendance after an improvement in fortunes shows that we CAN make a difference to the numbers by actually being good at football.

When Celtic were struggling their average attendance went down to 18k-20k. So even they will struggline to get fans in if their team aren't competing.  It's the same with Rangers. Theirs was as low as 17k at one point. 

I dread to think what the attendances would have been last season and this season, next season as well might be a struggle if McInnes stays on and we limp to 4th. 

We have a small pool of folks* who want to go to the fitba in the N/E. Thats not a criticism.just what it is.You cant force people to the fitba if theyre not interested,so I dont get why folks use this as a reason to criticise.Look at our Euro champs season in '83/84,if ever there was a reason for glory hunters to turn out it was back then,but our average gate was 17'500.You could argue fair play to the locals for not jumping on the bandwagon.Our current crowds havent decreased a significant amount since then,despite the ups and downs of various regimes

   The folks that are into the fitba,also seem to go to a higher than average amount of away games compared to other fans going by our away supports

 

  *Which may be because we have a good range of sport alternatives up here,via some great Golf courses,fishing,high than average participation of playing football on a Saturday,more participants in Cricket per head than in England I believe??  😮

Edited by Laichomoray

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

We have made it worthwhile, the season we ran Celtic close when we were winning games and scoring goals. Still couldn’t sell out the stadium. If we can get 40k (and wanting more tickets) for a cup final then why can’t we get half that for league games? My point is if people genuinely want us to do more than third place then people need to start turning up and putting more money into the club. 

“Get more than 3rd place” we haven’t done that for 2 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, StandFree1982 said:

We should be playing better football and not losing games to bottom 6 sides on a regular basis on the budget that we have already. 

It is as simple as that. 

Being outplayed and outclassed by sides like St Mirren, Livingstone and Motherwell isn't a lack of ambition, it's poor tactics, poor recruitment and just a lack of good management. 

Have you watched any other football as I’d say a lot of games Iv watched not just ours have been pretty crap if I’m being honest. 
We have lost 6 games this season so far 3 to the rangers( where even those matches if anyone wanted to things could be found to prove games were close) and one each to Livingston, Motherwell and Ross county. All 3 of them have had terrible defensive mistakes and apart from the Motherwell game I don’t think we were out played it’s just because of our defensive mistakes they took their chances we didn’t. Even in the games we’ve drawn I think even tho most were poor games I don’t think in any we were out played, I’d actually say in most we were the team doing the attacking just not scoring. 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, thurso said:

As was said above even in the glory days of the 80s attendances were never full so not sure what would get full houses into pittodrie 

The novelty of a new retractable roof stadium at the beach?

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, thurso said:

Have you watched any other football as I’d say a lot of games Iv watched not just ours have been pretty crap if I’m being honest. 
We have lost 6 games this season so far 3 to the rangers( where even those matches if anyone wanted to things could be found to prove games were close) and one each to Livingston, Motherwell and Ross county. All 3 of them have had terrible defensive mistakes and apart from the Motherwell game I don’t think we were out played it’s just because of our defensive mistakes they took their chances we didn’t. Even in the games we’ve drawn I think even tho most were poor games I don’t think in any we were out played, I’d actually say in most we were the team doing the attacking just not scoring. 

we were battered by St Mirren in the cup game and against Motherwell. We were outplayed by Livingston in that first 45 minutes.  That's the ones off the top of my head. 

I can't believe that anyone could defend the football on display over the past 2 seasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

The novelty of a new retractable roof stadium at the beach?

Can we put in a retractable floor at the home dugout as well? might be the only way we get rid of the cunts. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, StandFree1982 said:

we were battered by St Mirren in the cup game and against Motherwell. We were outplayed by Livingston in that first 45 minutes.  That's the ones off the top of my head. 

I can't believe that anyone could defend the football on display over the past 2 seasons. 

I didn’t defend the football I said it’s been pretty crap all over, over the last two seasons we’ve played some good stuff and some awful stuff. 
My recollection of the st mirren game was it was pretty even, a crap game that was going to extra time until the fuck up at the end. Even the game on Tuesday livi didn’t totally out play us it was just awful defending in the two chances they did get, can’t even class the first goal as a chance it was just a terrible fuck up. 

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, The Boofon said:

Take the ball out of the goal while you're at it.

It's past the post min.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...