37 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

At the same time we can get rid of a lot shite(that we haven't already tonight). Exciting.

Starting with McInnes 

told he was only allowed loan signings from now until D day because he hasn’t a clue what he’s doing & we don’t want to be tied down to more shite like Main, Ojo, Hernandez, Gleeson, Tansey, Forrester, Taylor, McGeough, Devlin on long term deals

13 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Starting with McInnes 

told he was only allowed loan signings from now until D day because he hasn’t a clue what he’s doing & we don’t want to be tied down to more shite like Main, Ojo, Hernandez, Gleeson, Tansey, Forrester, Taylor, McGeough, Devlin on long term deals

Hernandez is the only question mark. You'd have to think he's headed to ATL soon if he's not expected to return to Scotland. 

But yea the rest of these deals suck. I'd say to offer a long term deal the player needs to be at Allan Campbell's level or higher. 

No way to compete with the old firm or fight for europa group stage with lesser talent.

I hope Aberdeen looks hard at the loan market in the summer versus taking on a broken down has been or middling vet. 

1 yr loans are fine this summer. 

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

Surely Findlay and Gallagher will still be top of the list.

Interesting to see if Gallagher honours his contract or plays funny buggers. it should auto trigger a one year extension this month.

Gallacher would walk straight into our starting 11 replacing Ash. I think he'll be looking for a bit of cash from the championship and head down there.

38 minutes ago, standfree1978 said:

Gallacher would walk straight into our starting 11 replacing Ash. I think he'll be looking for a bit of cash from the championship and head down there.

I thought he was holding off on anything as Celtic were rumoured to be looking to get someone (cheap) in to take the place of Duffy. Going by what happened yesterday it looks very much like Lennon was told "loans only, no permanent deals"

In lieu of that I agree that his preference probably is England but he's got 2 things going against him for that.....his age and his relatively recent jail time. I'm not sure he will get too many offers because of that

3 hours ago, Jackp said:

The cb killie got on loan from arsenal could be a good option for us in the summer if he performs well for killie, out of contract in the summer aswell. 

I was thinking the same. Seeing AFC source these loan deals so late in the window has opened my eyes. Imagine what could be available if the manager gets after it this summer.

17 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

I thought he was holding off on anything as Celtic were rumoured to be looking to get someone (cheap) in to take the place of Duffy. Going by what happened yesterday it looks very much like Lennon was told "loans only, no permanent deals"

In lieu of that I agree that his preference probably is England but he's got 2 things going against him for that.....his age and his relatively recent jail time. I'm not sure he will get too many offers because of that

I don’t think clubs will give much of a shit about jail time a few years ago.

They’ll be more thinking we can get a competent, experienced defender for 3 years for £5k-6k per week (lower end Championship?) 

20 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

He'll get paid down south, or at celtic, no bother.  I wouldn't blame him either... look at the list of clubs he's played for... 30 next month and probably his last chance to make some money.

Just now, Sonoftherock said:

He'll get paid down south, or at celtic, no bother.  I wouldn't blame him either... look at the list of clubs he's played for... 30 next month and probably his chance to make some money.

I think the Celtic option has been taken off the table. Their need for a CH was instant.........they're stuck with that big lump of a galoot Duffy till summer and he has proven himself constantly not to be up to the job. Gallagher would have been a cheap, temporary remedy to the situation. Given they only signed a right back on loan in the whole of the window, it looks like Lennon has been told he wasn't allowed to sign anyone permanently. I don't think his replacement will be looking anywhere in Scotland for a CH (possibly 2) in the summer

1 hour ago, Donmacca said:

Think you're reading too much into something that ain't there. Sure the lack of news is more to do with finances.

Whilst I somewhat agree I do think the fact all our signgings have been loans maybe does indicate that this is last chance saloon for him. Think it's very dangerous to give any manager a massive squad rebuild with 12 months left on his deal. Even more so given our scouting by in large has been nothing short of dreadful last few seasons

Does Joe Lewis have any transfer value? I'd rather see the club look at a young international like St. Clair. Work a deal with Mn. Utd with a sell on to keep the dollars reasonable.  Everyone wins. AFC gets a good young keeper they can flip for a profit. 

• Dildo 1
2 minutes ago, PondHopper said:

We seem to get better quality with loanbies like Max Lowe.

We can't fill a squad with loans though. They could be recalled 6 months in, causing all sorts of hassle (Danny ward esque). Plus, even if not recalled, we need to rebuild again in the summer after. 

Just now, DD1903 said:

We can't fill a squad with loans though. They could be recalled 6 months in, causing all sorts of hassle (Danny ward esque). Plus, even if not recalled, we need to rebuild again in the summer after. 

I would think DM or the next manager ought to be able to work with top clubs that can send a prospect that they are happy to let go of for a year. Basically with an understanding that they aren't likely to be recalled unless the parent club suffers substantial injuries or AFC isn't playing them. If celtic is cool with loans, why shouldn't aberdeen?

I'd be ok with a half a dozen quality loanbies heading into the europa league. Maybe have a shot at group for once. 

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

There was one year we had 7 or 8 loanees the second half of the season. That's too much imo. 

I'm happy with 2 or 3 provided they are going to improve the starting line up. I've no time for perennial bench warming loanees, that's just fucking lazy. 

Loanees like Maddison & Ward. Good

Loanees like Halford, Parker, (there’s countless examples) are pointless. 

1 hour ago, PondHopper said:

I would think DM or the next manager ought to be able to work with top clubs that can send a prospect that they are happy to let go of for a year. Basically with an understanding that they aren't likely to be recalled unless the parent club suffers substantial injuries or AFC isn't playing them. If celtic is cool with loans, why shouldn't aberdeen?

I'd be ok with a half a dozen quality loanbies heading into the europa league. Maybe have a shot at group for once. 

I disagree. A couple is fine, but 6ish is far too many. It's a constant repeat cycle every summer in that case. 

7 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

I disagree. A couple is fine, but 6ish is far too many. It's a constant repeat cycle every summer in that case. 

As opposed to signing the likes of curtis main, bryson, ojo, mcgeek, etc

At least with the loans the talent ought to be better.