Because when Celtic made an attempt to sign McKenna a couple of years back, they tried at that point to include Hendry as part of the package (rumoured to be a £1.5 million makeweight in a deal worth a total of £3.5million)

He then got punted on loan to some Australian club and promptly snapped his knee ligaments needing surgery. But his loan at Oostende has went swimmingly and they want to make the move permanent. £2 million is the fee they are supposedly are willing to pay. I'm sure Glass will receive a decent budget to build his squad but I don't see it being blown in it's entirety on one player. 

4 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Because when Celtic made an attempt to sign McKenna a couple of years back, they tried at that point to include Hendry as part of the package (rumoured to be a £1.5 million makeweight in a deal worth a total of £3.5million)

He then got punted on loan to some Australian club and promptly snapped his knee ligaments needing surgery. But his loan at Oostende has went swimmingly and they want to make the move permanent. £2 million is the fee they are supposedly are willing to pay. I'm sure Glass will receive a decent budget to build his squad but I don't see it being blown in it's entirety on one player. 

Got you, I was not aware that Oostende wanted to buy him.

It's hard to see that one happening but I do want a rb and a lb.

I dont understand when you see folk saying they want mackenzie to play. We want to be the best team we can be. Youngsters will get a chance definitely but the ones we need to focus on in the next 6 months are Ferguson, McCrorie, Campbell and McLennan. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I dont understand when you see folk saying they want mackenzie to play. We want to be the best team we can be. Youngsters will get a chance definitely but the ones we need to focus on in the next 6 months are Ferguson, McCrorie, Campbell and McLennan. 

We have one contracted defender (Considine) for next season.

We’ll need to sign about 5 defenders (unless the plan is to promote the likes of MacKenzie & Ramsay at full back. 

Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We have one contracted defender (Considine) for next season.

We’ll need to sign about 5 defenders (unless the plan is to promote the likes of MacKenzie & Ramsay at full back. 

A left back instead of Leigh. 

A right back instead of Logan.

Three centre backs instead of Taylor, Devlin and Hoban. Hoban still a possibility to stay but now that mcinnes has moved on i dont think he'll hang around

30 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

McLennan?

Connor McLennan?

Well, the only chance he has to make it is up front, and through the middle. We’ve never seen him there before so the jury is still out.

He doesn’t have it, in my opinion. No better than  Mitch Megginson from 12 years ago.

11 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

McLennan?

Connor McLennan?

Well, the only chance he has to make it is up front, and through the middle. We’ve never seen him there before so the jury is still out.

He doesn’t have it, in my opinion. No better than  Mitch Megginson from 12 years ago.

Aye some of those four might not make at top level but i think we should only focus on those four for the next six months. I dont vote to fill the squad with youngsters. 

• Dildo 1
29 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Aye some of those four might not make at top level but i think we should only focus on those four for the next six months. I dont vote to fill the squad with youngsters. 

But Cormack has clearly & publicly stated that is a requirement - to bring through younger players to the first team. It’s probably a major reason he chose Stephen Glass as there’s been his job the last year or two. 

And with the amount of players leaving (maybe up to 13), I can’t see us replacing them all.

I reckon one or two might be promoted to the first team squad.

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Why would SB be talking to Declan Gallagher (he’s been touted)?

Not sure he would mate. I have no idea who SB could influence to sign, but logically it would be players he’s played with at Hibs and Celtic and we could afford, for one reason or another. I accept that’s a limited view. So; Griffiths, Stevenson, Hanlon (I think he played for Scotland), the fast boy that plays for Hibs that was at the Dons as a kid...

Wider; Gallagher, O’Donnell. McGeady...

Exciting though...

Brown was retired from the international scene before Gallagher was ever involved.

He would obviously know Griffiths (and also how much he earns currently/how unfit he is/current mental state) and likely knows how keen Celtic are to offload him...possibly even to the extent of how much Celtic would be willing to cough up as an inducement for him to leave early.

He would certainly know Stevenson from Hibs. If he's trying to influence him to join us then I predict a short tenure for Glass and Brown as our managerial team however. Hanlon would have been a youth player when Brown was at Hibs...he will know him but I doubt as more than just an acquaintance. Martin Boyle joined Hibs 8 years after Brown left....

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Brown was retired from the international scene before Gallagher was ever involved.

He would obviously know Griffiths (and also how much he earns currently/how unfit he is/current mental state) and likely knows how keen Celtic are to offload him...possibly even to the extent of how much Celtic would be willing to cough up as an inducement for him to leave early.

He would certainly know Stevenson from Hibs. If he's trying to influence him to join us then I predict a short tenure for Glass and Brown as our managerial team however. Hanlon would have been a youth player when Brown was at Hibs...he will know him but I doubt as more than just an acquaintance. Martin Boyle joined Hibs 8 years after Brown left....

Thats not going to happen. Cormack, SB and Glass (just like us fans) realise Lewis Stevenson is not good enough for Aberdeen.

We'd be better extending Greg Leigh's current contract then sign a 33 year old back up left back from Hibs. McKenzie would be another preferable option at left back.

9 hours ago, Crashnyploshnit said:

I have and nothing has altered my opinion. Deano is too lightweight. He reminds me too much of Ryan Jack for my liking.

That wasn’t really the point. It’s the fact you mentioned getting rid of Campbell comparing it to Ferguson who would have interest in him from clubs willing to pay a big fee. It’s not comparable and a total pointless comment.

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
8 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

Thats not going to happen. Cormack, SB and Glass (just like us fans) realise Lewis Stevenson is not good enough for Aberdeen.

We'd be better extending Greg Leigh's current contract then sign a 33 year old back up left back from Hibs. McKenzie would be another preferable option at left back.

Leigh! No chance a total wage thief