30 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I hoped for a foreign manager so he had knowledge of other leagues and could source players from an overall bigger pool. We are gonna have a lot of knowledge of amercia with Glass/Russell, Scottish football with Brown and a bit of english football with russell.

We still lack good knowledge of the european leagues which is an area we need to improve on under the next regime. 

I still think the Hernandez signing was the right type of signing. Young player, doing well in a European league and playing for his country. Potential resale value. 

It hasn't worked out (so far) in this instance but doesn't mean it should be abandoned. Would far rather we are taking the risk in that type of scenario than spending cash on someone who has played in the UK and had a serious knee injury. 

Seen some truly dreadful signings in the last three or four years. 

1 minute ago, Sheeptastic said:

I still think the Hernandez signing was the right type of signing. Young player, doing well in a European league and playing for his county. Potential resale value. 

It hasn't worked out (so far) in this instance but doesn't mean it should be abandoned. Would far rather we are taking the risk in that type of scenario than spending cash on someone who has played in the UK and had a serious knee injury. 

That would be ok if it was true but he most certainly was not ‘doing well’ in a European league though as his ratings for Norwegian league will testify 

6 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

I still think the Hernandez signing was the right type of signing. Young player, doing well in a European league and playing for his county. Potential resale value. 

Yes the Hernandez signing is definitely the sort of one we should be going for but ideally free transfers or £300k fees so that we can 'afford' to not hit the spot every time.

Hernandez shares an agent with the biggest player at Atlanta (the biggest player in MLS pretty much) so we dont need to pretend the signing was anything to do with scouting

15 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He’s well known to have a bit of a “hands on” approach.

Polite terminology for control freak. 

If holding a manager to account for signings and performances is hands on then we should have had it earlier.

McInnes had the keys to the kingdom and could do whatever he wanted. Thank fuck there is now a chairman who wasn't willing to let Derek just crack on.

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

But what if he’s interfering with who’s signed, who plays?... 

I think he's got a stake in who is signed, particularly if a transfer fee is involved or its a purchase that either doesn't fit with the agreed philosophy or is one that requires additional expenditure over budget to be approved. 

I agree that there shouldn't be any direct influence on team selection but would suggest that discussions regarding performance of signed players and return on investment are fair game. 

Managers can't expect to work in isolation and be unaccountable for investment decisions they make or the effectiveness of how they've spent their budget. 

34 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think he's got a stake in who is signed, particularly if a transfer fee is involved or its a purchase that either doesn't fit with the agreed philosophy or is one that requires additional expenditure over budget to be approved. 

I agree that there shouldn't be any direct influence on team selection but would suggest that discussions regarding performance of signed players and return on investment are fair game. 

Managers can't expect to work in isolation and be unaccountable for investment decisions they make or the effectiveness of how they've spent their budget. 

Aye, fair comment. 
There will always be a suspicion that Stephen Glass will be a bit of a puppet. 
Hopefully not. 

On 4/6/2021 at 9:59 AM, Studebaker-90 said:

McCrorie is like the boy at school who everybody knew should be a defender but he refused to accept it. Desperate to be a midfielder but lacking in the ability to play there. 

Haha

I dont get why he wouldnt want to play in defense to be honest. You need to play regular in the EPL or for Rangers/Celtic to get a sniff for Scotland in midfield, you can play a few games for the Dons or Motherwell and walk into the central defense. Maybe better for his career to step back

He has clearly been poor for us for months in midfield but this has also coincided with the whole team being shite but his best games for us have all been in midfield, so why the fk would we want him moved back to CH or RB? 
is this the new plan for not being able to source defenders, move all our off form midfielders there?

He will be decent in midfield again when the team improves around him, same can be said of Ferguson I’m sure.

21 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Ryan Gauld has been playing to a very high level in Portugal, exactly the type of player we need, available on a free this summer, unfortunately think he will have bigger suitors than us.

Would fit into Glass’ preferred 4-3-2-1 setup, alongside Hedges, behind the main striker.

That said, for me, it’s all hype. I’ve never really seen anything from him that matches that hype, but others people’s opinion, that I trust, disagree, so happy to be proven wrong 

26 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Ryan Gauld has been playing to a very high level in Portugal, exactly the type of player we need, available on a free this summer, unfortunately think he will have bigger suitors than us.

Farense are hardly a very high level. But hey....his release clause is only 4 million Euros if he takes up his 3rd year option there ?

He was fucking garbage on a loan at Hibs. 

It's a no from me (and hopefully from Glass)

14 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Farense are hardly a very high level. But hey....his release clause is only 4 million Euros if he takes up his 3rd year option there ?

The €4m buy out would make me think it’s a complete non-starter.

16 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Would fit into Glass’ preferred 4-3-2-1 setup, alongside Hedges, behind the main striker.

That said, for me, it’s all hype. I’ve never really seen anything from him that matches that hype, but others people’s opinion, that I trust, disagree, so happy to be proven wrong 

Where’s this 4-3-2-1 preference coming from?

Anywhere I’ve read it’s 4-2-3-1. 

When he was caretaker at Atlanta it was 4-2-3-1 & this suggests it too...

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/stephen-glass/profil/trainer/22699

36 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

5 assists and 7 goals is pretty decent going for a side in the bottom 3.

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The €4m buy out would make me think it’s a complete non-starter.

Where’s this 4-3-2-1 preference coming from?

Anywhere I’ve read it’s 4-2-3-1. 

When he was caretaker at Atlanta it was 4-2-3-1 & this suggests it too...

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/stephen-glass/profil/trainer/22699

There was a podcast I listened to recently which included an interview with an Atlanta journalist, and he said that was Glass’ preferred formation;  that or 4-3-3 which is not a whole lot different.

Despite protestations to the contrary from Sheerin, you can see Glass’ influence already, in the 2 games.

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Braga were linked with Gauld in January and he's having a very good season in Portugal. He's way out of our price bracket, unfortunately. 

Aye. 

Find it baffling folk would turn their nose up at it as well ? 

19 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

There was a podcast I listened to recently which included an interview with an Atlanta journalist, and he said that was Glass’ preferred formation;  that or 4-3-3 which is not a whole lot different.

Despite protestations to the contrary from Sheerin, you can see Glass’ influence already, in the 2 games.

Aye maybe.

4-3-3, or a variation of it, with 3 defensive minded midfielders is shite though, as Tord said ^^^^^

5 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye maybe.

4-3-3, or a variation of it, with 3 defensive minded midfielders is shite though, as Tord said ^^^^^

It would be.

But doesn’t need to be though, Sevco manage it with 1 sitting and 2 x number 8s in their midfield trio.

Pretty obvious next season that Brown will sit deep and take the ball from Lewis, the 2 centre half’s split, the two full backs push on, so it’s how the other 2 midfielders position themselves that will be the key.