3 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

Two strikers, two wingers, two centre backs and a right back.

Controversial opinion here but going forward we need to source a goalie who can play with the ball at his feet and can distribute the ball better. I do think Joe Lewis is a good goalie.

I'd have Considine as a backup player next season with MacKenzie taking his place in the starting lineup.

If we sell Ferguson in the summer I hope we go all out and get Allan Campbell.

Mackenzie is a left back so why would he be replacing Considine who has played all season at centre half.

27 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Mackenzie is a left back so why would he be replacing Considine who has played all season at centre half.

Glass supposedly prefers to play 4 at the back. Therefore I reckon he would play MacKenzie at left back and drop Considine allowing Gallagher (if he has indeed signed) and someone else to play alongside him at CB. I think Considine is still useful as backup but not good enough to be regularly starting.

• Downvote 1
1 minute ago, BonnieDon said:

Glass supposedly prefers to play 4 at the back. Therefore I reckon he would play MacKenzie at left back and drop Considine allowing Gallagher (if he has indeed signed) and someone else to play alongside him at CB. I think Considine is still useful as backup but not good enough to be regularly starting.

Gallagher would be the one replacing Considine in that scenario? 

I hope we don’t sign a right or left back next season. That was (one of) McInnes’ biggest failings - blocking the path of good prospects. McCrorie and Considine there as cover for the inevitable down turn in form from Ramsay and McKenzie.

Regarding the goalie playing out from the back, I thought Woods looked good yesterday, not that he had much to do. Sure I read somewhere on Friday that he’ll be Glass’ 2nd signing.

27 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

I thought yesterday was his best game in a while. He’s no gonna play CM ahead of Ferguson n Brown... so probably rb. 

He was fucking garbage yesterday - lost count how many times he gave the ball away or passed it straight out the park 

50 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Gallagher would be the one replacing Considine in that scenario? 

Gallagher is a right sided CH. I'd hope we sign a left sided one ( that is a good bit younger than both Consi and Gallagher but able to be a first-choice pick immediately) and have Considine as a capable back up

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

Gallagher is a right sided CH. I'd hope we sign a left sided one ( that is a good bit younger than both Consi and Gallagher but able to be a first-choice pick immediately) and have Considine as a capable back up

Aye I know he's right footed. 

I was referring to the scenario presented above regarding Mackenzie. 

6 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Dominic Hyam, Murray Wallace (left footed) and Clark Robertson (left footed) are all out of contract at the end of the season. 

Anton Walkes was rumoured a month or so ago. He started the other day for Atlanta Utd however so maybe no longer a viable option.

6 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

Someone on here seemed confident that Gallagher was incoming? All seems to have gone a bit quiet. End of the season?

16 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

I hope we don’t sign a right or left back next season. That was (one of) McInnes’ biggest failings - blocking the path of good prospects. McCrorie and Considine there as cover for the inevitable down turn in form from Ramsay and McKenzie.

Regarding the goalie playing out from the back, I thought Woods looked good yesterday, not that he had much to do. Sure I read somewhere on Friday that he’ll be Glass’ 2nd signing.

Unless an exceptional right or left back became available, then this would be my choice.  We need a right winger, left winger, creative midfielder, two strikers, two centre halves, as higher priority IMO.

18 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Unless an exceptional right or left back became available, then this would be my choice.  We need a right winger, left winger, creative midfielder, two strikers, two centre halves, as higher priority IMO.

Agreed. Only thing I would add is the centre halves that come in must be comfortable on the ball if we are to build from the back. None of our current CH's are comfortable unless they are hoofing it 60-70 yards up the pitch.

55 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Agreed. Only thing I would add is the centre halves that come in must be comfortable on the ball if we are to build from the back. None of our current CH's are comfortable unless they are hoofing it 60-70 yards up the pitch.

Was clear from Glass' first game we need as a minimum one of the centre backs to be a baller. That's no one currently at the club.

41 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Was clear from Glass' first game we need as a minimum one of the centre backs to be a baller. That's no one currently at the club.

That's what Brown has been doing in the Celtic team when they have the ball. 

The full backs push up and he drops off between the centre backs to form a three. He then becomes the 'baller' 

Not saying that it's been entirely successful though... 

• Upvote 1
18 hours ago, Laichomoray said:

Someone on here seemed confident that Gallagher was incoming? All seems to have gone a bit quiet. End of the season?

I HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt he is coming

Gallagher was traded to Austin FC in exchange for $225,000 in General Allocation Money on 13 December 2020, ahead of Austin's inaugural season in 2021.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlanta_United_2 is more likely any players that might be coming. 3 English, 1 Scottish and a French player that wouldn't require a permit.

Some fringe players from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlanta_United_FC also might make the swap.  (Mo Adams and Jake Mulraney what i'm looking at)

• Haha 2
  • Dildo 1
1 minute ago, AmericanRed said:

Gallagher was traded to Austin FC in exchange for $225,000 in General Allocation Money on 13 December 2020, ahead of Austin's inaugural season in 2021.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlanta_United_2 is more likely any players that might be coming. 3 English, 1 Scottish and a French player that wouldn't require a permit.

Some fringe players from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlanta_United_FC also might make the swap.  (Mo Adams and Jake Mulraney what i'm looking at)

Different Gallagher min. 

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, AmericanRed said:

The Yanks about as switched on as the Canadians it would seem

• Upvote 1