4 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

We have far too many central midfielders and even if a deal was already mooted to sell ferguson then he's still got countless others

If McCrorie is getting shifted back & Ferguson potentially sold it is a no brainer as Brown will be lucky to play 50%.

Even without selling Ferguson now it would make sense. Both Campbells & Ferguson(now McCrorie) all play together often in same U21 side. 

45 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

If McCrorie is getting shifted back & Ferguson potentially sold it is a no brainer as Brown will be lucky to play 50%.

Even without selling Ferguson now it would make sense. Both Campbells & Ferguson(now McCrorie) all play together often in same U21 side. 

Why will Brown be lucky to play 50%?

What percentage of Celtic games has he played this season?  Must be over 80%?

17 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

As I've said before....sevco felt that McCrorie was too easily bullied to be an effective central defender.

What do they know...never struck me as being susceptible to being bullied off the ball easily, based on his time at the Dons. He’s decent in the air, quick, technically decent and good defensively.

Right sided centre half in the making...

36 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

What do they know...never struck me as being susceptible to being bullied off the ball easily, based on his time at the Dons. He’s decent in the air, quick, technically decent and good defensively.

I’d say that’s his best chance of a long-term position.

Doesn’t have the technique for centre midfield IMO, for which you don’t need as much of at centre half.

Depends partly on whether Ferguson stays, McGeouch too. There’s a chance one or both might not be here come next season. 

52 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

Portsmouth thought exactly the same thing

They only played him at right back because they had an injury crisis. Had they had a full squad to choose from, he would have been on the bench at best.

Sevco might be a detestable institution but they are looking increasingly correct about cashing in for him. 

• Dildo 1
3 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Why will Brown be lucky to play 50%?

What percentage of Celtic games has he played this season?  Must be over 80%?

17 full games (39 total appearances) of Celtics 50 games.

so one 3rd of full games. I’d reckon the other 22 appearances will not make up to your assumed 80% +

plus he will be a year older with us so I’d say 50% is a fair enough guess for what he will play for us

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

17 full games (39 total appearances) of Celtics 50 games.

so one 3rd of full games. I’d reckon the other 22 appearances will not make up to your assumed 80% +

plus he will be a year older with us so I’d say 50% is a fair enough guess for what he will play for us

It's not been a great season for Celtic but for differing reasons there are probably 2 explanations why he isn't finishing many games.

In the games where they are winning comfortably, there's no need for him to stay on the full 90 minutes....at his age it's for the best if he gets rested whenever possible. The 5 subs rule has helped facilitate this.

And as I said, it hasn't been a good season for Celtic. They've dropped many more points than normal. When they are chasing a game that isn't going their way, they need creativity.....and with the best will in the world that isn't Brown's forte. So again he gets subbed off.

I think so long as he is fit, he'll start the vast majority of our games

5 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye but how many of those 39 has he started? Pretty much all of them? 

25 starts. Not sure how that is relevant really. Doesn’t change the stats/mins etc. as those still have him at closer to my guesstimate of 50% (probably even less) than your presumption of MORE than 80%

but as I say, those are for this season. He isn’t getting younger/fitter next summer, so hardly think he’s going to improve on that much.

I believe my assumption of about 50% for us is a fair assumption given the above.

If he starts all our games & gets subbed off at HT that is still 50% same as if he didn’t start but came on for all second half’s ?

Not trying to argue here but I would say he will be closer to my guesstimate of 50%for us than yours of 80%+ for Celtic to compare, which was vastly off mark by comparison 

side note ? even his total appearances for them this season don’t take him to your ‘must be over 80%’ enquiry as 39 apps in 50 has him at less than 80%. That’s giving benefit of doubt as well & not taking your ‘how many games has he played’ literally as that would mean full games as opposed to mins/apps

• Dildo 2
1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

25 starts. Not sure how that is relevant really. Doesn’t change the stats/mins etc. as those still have him at closer to my guesstimate of 50% (probably even less) than your presumption of MORE than 80%

but as I say, those are for this season. He isn’t getting younger/fitter next summer, so hardly think he’s going to improve on that much.

I believe my assumption of about 50% for us is a fair assumption given the above.

If he starts all our games & gets subbed off at HT that is still 50% same as if he didn’t start but came on for all second half’s ?

Not trying to argue here but I would say he will be closer to my guesstimate of 50%for us than yours of 80%+ for Celtic to compare, which was vastly off mark by comparison 

side note ? even his total appearances for them this season don’t take him to your ‘must be over 80%’ enquiry as 39 apps in 50 has him at less than 80%. That’s giving benefit of doubt as well & not taking your ‘how many games has he played’ literally as that would mean full games as opposed to mins/apps

Just to clarify, do you believe it will be closer to 50% than 80%?

2 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

What a lot of havering. If Browns fit he’ll be playing majority. Key bit you missed is it’s less competitive for him to start for Aberdeen sadly. 

3 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Thanks. 

Starts are relevant because there's a big difference between starting games and coming off after 75 minutes than being in the bench and coming on after 75 minutes.   And there are extra subs these days so less players are completing 90 minutes than previously. 

I think he'll have less competition here so will start the vast majority of games, ie more than 50%. But time will tell, we'll just have to wait and see. 

9 hours ago, ThomohawkKid said:

What a lot of havering. If Browns fit he’ll be playing majority. Key bit you missed is it’s less competitive for him to start for Aberdeen sadly. 

He’ll also be 36 years old by time he comes to us.

Out of interest. How much did Robson play for us at that age (less competitive than Celtic comparison) Niall McGinn already struggling. Hayes at 33 is doing ok but time will tell by time he’s Browns age

• Dildo 1
12 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

He’ll also be 36 years old by time he comes to us.

Out of interest. How much did Robson play for us at that age (less competitive than Celtic comparison) Niall McGinn already struggling. Hayes at 33 is doing ok but time will tell by time he’s Browns age

Think Robson was 35 when he signed for us. Had already moved onto Boro then Vancouver and Sheff Utd (League 1 at the time I think) by then. So the difference in Browns favour from the other players, is that Brown is better than all of them. Celtic captain and they want him to stay.

Everyones different, time will tell how it works out.

Brown will most definitely make a positive difference to our team, even more so if he is allocated the captaincy, albeit we may require to appoint a vice-captain for the games he doesn't start. Ferguson, if not sold in the summer ?

5 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Think Robson was 35 when he signed for us. Had already moved onto Boro then Vancouver and Sheff Utd (League 1 at the time I think) by then. So the difference in Browns favour from the other players, is that Brown is better than all of them. Celtic captain and they want him to stay.

Everyones different, time will tell how it works out.

34 when he signed for us. Retired at age Brown will be when he arrives ?