58 minutes ago, minijc said:

I have a feeling Gallagher may end up here, I'd just be surprised if it's announced before the final game of the season.

I could understand what you say if Motherwell were still in relegation trouble, but they have two meaningless games left.

If he’s coming, maybe we’re just being respectful towards Gallagher & Motherwell.

Decent signing if true, we’d need someone alongside him, ideally with a bit of pace & left sided. A McKenna replacement basically. 

Aye there's really no good reason why if Gallagher is all agreed, why we cannot announce it now. I could understand if both clubs were still in the SC...we would have been facing each other in the semi's the way the draw panned out.......but we are both out and we won't be facing each other in the league till next season so cannot affect each other's final league positions.

I know he's now the wrong side of 30 but that doesn't concern me as much as  signing a striker over 30 would. It isn't as if he has been overplayed in his career either, and his year in pokey has actually maybe done him a favour career lengthening wise. At 6ft 5 he's a big old unit, but still fairly mobile for his size. As WW says, a quick left sided CH (ideally in his early 20s) would be what I want to partner him......give Gallagher a 3 year contract and the younger one a 4 year contract so we don't end up in the same boat again needing to replace so much of the backline at once.

Get it done Glass

1 hour ago, Hoofball said:

Aberdeen are also trying to negotiate a deal for Campbell so don’t want to piss Motherwell off by announcing Gallagher as it could well cause Motherwell to demand more in compensation. 

Bullshit I know

Surely the compensation is a set figure? Why the fuck would motherwell negotiate anything less than what they are due without a sell on, which would be stupid from us after cosgrove.

• Downvote 1

42 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Surely the compensation is a set figure? Why the fuck would motherwell negotiate anything less than what they are due without a sell on, which would be stupid from us after cosgrove.

I’t’s not a set fee and that’s the reason teams end up at tribunals for the fee to be decided.

www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/aberdeen-reveal-delight-lewis-ferguson-13109206.amp

36 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Is he not of an age now where there is no development fee payable if he signs for an English club or goes abroad? (same scenario of what happened with Aribo joining sevco for example)

The club might leverage that situation to say "we are interested but not if we have to pay £400k or so. If he goes south, you get nothing. We can afford £250k (or whatever figure they think is appropriate). Take it or leave it"

1 minute ago, Hoofball said:

I’m sure it’s not a set fee (I could be wrong) and that’s the reason teams end up at tribunals for the fee to decided.

There is a set formula as to the compensation payable. But the age for an international transfer where a development fee is no longer payable is a year less than that for a domestic transfer

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

Is he not of an age now where there is no development fee payable if he signs for an English club or goes abroad? (same scenario of what happened with Aribo joining sevco for example)

The club might leverage that situation to say "we are interested but not if we have to pay £400k or so. If he goes south, you get nothing. We can afford £250k (or whatever figure they think is appropriate). Take it or leave it"

I think there is still a fee but it’s nowhere near as big. I’m sure Aribo would’ve landed Charlton millions of he’d stayed in England but the huns only had to pay a few hundred thousand 

Just now, Ten Caat said:

There is a set formula as to the compensation payable. But the age for an international transfer where a development fee is no longer payable is a year less than that for a domestic transfer

Which is another ridiculous rule. 

Should be a system in place across the continent at least. 

2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

A transfer to England is an international transfer not domestic

I know. I'm not disputing that. 

I'm saying that the rules should be the same.  Its a nonsense that it costs you more to secure a player from your own country than if you were a club in another country. 

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, slippers said:

I Icelandic sounding guy on Twitter is saying Gallagher is set to become don after breakthrough today in contract talks...

Gallagher will be interesting... a chequered past and a quick scan of the Motherwell forums suggests he has previous in terms of getting involved with fans on social media - which seems to have upset a few of their fans.  Playing for Aberdeen is a bit more of a goldfish bowl for players - interesting to see how he handles the extra attention and scrutiny. 

1 minute ago, Granite95 said:

Heard that he often would DM journo's on twitter asking for exclusive.

He's as reliable as a broken clock 

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day,surely he has to be right about something eventually ?

5 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

Gallagher will be interesting... a chequered past and a quick scan of the Motherwell forums suggests he has previous in terms of getting involved with fans on social media - which seems to have upset a few of their fans.  Playing for Aberdeen is a bit more of a goldfish bowl for players - interesting to see how he handles the extra attention and scrutiny. 

Partial to a baseball bat. Premeditated. Not as if he punched somebody a few times. 
Rehabilitated? Let’s hope so. 

10 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Partial to a baseball bat. Premeditated. Not as if he punched somebody a few times. 

He's done his time - so I'm happy to accept him. Almost everyone deserves a second chance IMO.

However, its the social media stuff and getting involved with fans, that concerns me.... as mentioned, he's going to be under more scrutiny as an Aberdeen player.  Living in Aberdeen and playing for Aberdeen, he's going to attract more attention - if things start going badly, fans will mouth off to him and give him a hard time on social media.  He needs to keep the head.

2 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Dunno I'd be fair triket if he took a baseball bat to Jack or Wright ?

• Upvote 2