3 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

He's done his time - so I'm happy to accept him. Almost everyone deserves a second chance IMO.

However, its the social media stuff and getting involved with fans, that concerns me.... as mentioned, he's going to be under more scrutiny as an Aberdeen player.  Living in Aberdeen and playing for Aberdeen, he's going to attract more attention - if things start going badly, fans will mouth off to him and give him a hard time on social media.  He needs to keep the head.

He's 6ft 4in so could replace Taylor in the height department and could replace Shay in the spiking shite on social media department.

4 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

I wonder if Scott Burns tweet this morning about Kamberi being involved in both goals on Saturday was a hint that we may be looking to get him permanently in the summer??

I appreciate that it very difficult to analyse a player's overall fitness viewing matches on the box, as opposed to live in stadium, but I have always sensed that Kamberi is carrying a bit of excess weight and is not as fit as he could be.

That said I would welcome him being signed on a permanent deal because, post a good pre-season training shift, I reckon that he would be a much more influential player going forwards, and score many more goals as a consequence.

Hedges, Kamberi and a decent forward signing wouldn't be the worst front three in the world.

18 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I'd consider signing Kamberi as a project if we could pick him up for free or very cheap. Absolutely has not shown enough to pay a proper fee for him.

I'd probably agree with this. At times he has looked disinterested but I'm not sure I could be much enthused about playing alongside some of the shite we are about to get rid of. But there have also been signs that there's a decent player in there.......he might be a bit more enthusiastic if the rest of the team are of a better overall standard and maybe a bit more on his wavelength.

That said, if Glass sees a total clearout as the way to go then he will get no dissent from me either

4 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

He's done his time - so I'm happy to accept him. Almost everyone deserves a second chance IMO.

However, its the social media stuff and getting involved with fans, that concerns me.... as mentioned, he's going to be under more scrutiny as an Aberdeen player.  Living in Aberdeen and playing for Aberdeen, he's going to attract more attention - if things start going badly, fans will mouth off to him and give him a hard time on social media.  He needs to keep the head.

Compared to living in the central belt? I disagree. Most Aberdonians leave you to it. 

9 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I'd probably agree with this. At times he has looked disinterested but I'm not sure I could be much enthused about playing alongside some of the shite we are about to get rid of. But there have also been signs that there's a decent player in there.......he might be a bit more enthusiastic if the rest of the team are of a better overall standard and maybe a bit more on his wavelength.

That said, if Glass sees a total clearout as the way to go then he will get no dissent from me either

All the above is a good description of how he was at Hibs too. 

For me, he's not going to change or get any better.

16 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

A “project”? 
He’s 26 & in his prime.

A “project” would be Lewis Ferguson, Sam Cosgrove, 18 & 20 respectively when we signed them for low fees. 

He's one of those "projects" that you start one afternoon and realise that you can't be arsed with anymore as it's a complete waste of time and effort. 

14 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Don’t like the sound of Kamberi staying at Aberdeen. Plays shite in a SC quarter final and now Aberdeen are thinking of shelling out a fee and keeping him. Surely there must be someone available out there who can do a better job than him. 

Kamberi is a strange one... no doubt the boy has ability, but he has been really dreadful for us. If Glass thinks he can get the best of him, then fair enough... but nothing the boy seems to try, ever seems to come off for him.  In terms of poor decision making, he'd be up there with McLennan.  With Kamberi, I'd be happy to say, 'thanks for your efforts', but we go our separate ways in summer...

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

A “project”? 
He’s 26 & in his prime.

A “project” would be Lewis Ferguson, Sam Cosgrove, 18 & 20 respectively when we signed them for low fees. 

Well the main part of the Kamberi project is him losing a stone and getting him interested so it has similarities to Griffiths.

I don't vote for signing him but thats on the assumption there is a fee involved, and no point of what if's about whether he'd be available free later in the summer

10 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Well the main part of the Kamberi project is him losing a stone and getting him interested so it has similarities to Griffiths.

I don't vote for signing him but thats on the assumption there is a fee involved, and no point of what if's about whether he'd be available free later in the summer

It has been suggested that Kamberi and Hornby's Aberdeen wage contribution is eye watering, I get why you would maybe keep Hendry as he's cheap and has scored some important goals but the other 2 have not done enough. Madness if we shell out a fee and big wage on Kamberi. 

• Upvote 1

Shows you what a state we're in. 

Players have half a good game and there are clamours for them to be given a new contract despite plenty of evidence to suggest they will generally be shite most of the time. 

In the last couple of days there's been suggestions that Kamberi, McGinn, Hendry, Anderson, Hoban, Taylor, Woods and Ross get new contracts on here. That's the vast majority of the players going out of contract! 

Let's hope the management team step back and look at the bigger picture and don't rush in and waste the summer kitty on players who haven't performed for 90% of the last 12 months. 

• Upvote 1
23 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Is he not of an age now where there is no development fee payable if he signs for an English club or goes abroad? (same scenario of what happened with Aribo joining sevco for example)

The club might leverage that situation to say "we are interested but not if we have to pay £400k or so. If he goes south, you get nothing. We can afford £250k (or whatever figure they think is appropriate). Take it or leave it"

They would still likely prefer he went down south rather than to an opponent & risk losing him for nothing but potentially secure a better sell on chance of bigger profits long run. Assuming that they would still be eligible for sell on clause if he went south/out of contract.

Hope we take the chance on him. Far rather we spent fees on examples like him rather than Hendry. He has far better potential for at least getting our investment back via selling him on than Hendry does.

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Shows you what a state we're in. 

Players have half a good game and there are clamours for them to be given a new contract despite plenty of evidence to suggest they will generally be shite most of the time. 

In the last couple of days there's been suggestions that Kamberi, McGinn, Hendry, Anderson, Hoban, Taylor, Woods and Ross get new contracts on here. That's the vast majority of the players going out of contract! 

Let's hope the management team step back and look at the bigger picture and don't rush in and waste the summer kitty on players who haven't performed for 90% of the last 12 months. 

The EE on Twitter bizarrely made a case for all the out of contract players to be offered something (other than Logan).

They’re alleging we want to keep Hoban & Taylor.

Hoban has been crap in 2021. 

Taylor (despite being arguably our best defender this season) is not worth a contract. He’s 31 next birthday I think. 

7 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The EE on Twitter bizarrely made a case for all the out of contract players to be offered something (other than Logan).

They’re alleging we want to keep Hoban & Taylor.

Hoban has been crap in 2021. 

Taylor (despite being arguably our best defender this season) is not worth a contract. He’s 31 next birthday I think. 

I wouldn't keep any of the centre backs. 

If he wants to play his preferred style we'll need to play with a higher line which will surely mean quicker centre backs. 

As much as folk are hoping the new management team can get a better tune out of some of the players we've got they're not going to be able to turn Taylor and Hoban into quick players. 

10 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I wouldn't keep any of the centre backs. 

If he wants to play his preferred style we'll need to play with a higher line which will surely mean quicker centre backs. 

As much as folk are hoping the new management team can get a better tune out of some of the players we've got they're not going to be able to turn Taylor and Hoban into quick players. 

Totally agree. 
Need pace too.

Hoban & Considine are painfully slow 

17 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Where do you see that we are "shelling out a fee" for him?

You don't, do you, and you are havering?

Contracted to St Gallen for another two seasons and they paid over 150k for him. You think they’ll released him for free do you

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Classic on here,  "looks overweight "

No, he doesn't 

Well he's just slow then. we need faster players but we also need a squad so we'll need plenty players.

i'll give Glass the backing regardless of who he signs this summer

50 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Contracted to St Gallen for another two seasons and they paid over 150k for him. You think they’ll released him for free do you

How much did we pay for Chris Forester and let him fuck off a few months later for free? 

See also - Stevie May. 

Nae that I want us to sign Kamberi like. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Zeus said:

How much did we pay for Chris Forester and let him fuck off a few months later for free? 

See also - Stevie May. 

Nae that I want us to sign Kamberi like. 

True but neither had anyone interested in them whilst it’s rumoured Kamberi did. The interest could’ve been bullshit and I could be havering