If he became available on a free and he was reasonable with his wage demands then I would sign him.  A full pre season and  (hopefully) better players around him he has the potential to be a very good player.  At 26 and quite a few clubs he also needs to screw the nut before his career gets away from him.  

Kamberi stats so far: 12 games, 1 goal, 1 assist. 
He is an easy on the eye player when he’s in the mood but I don’t think we can afford to be carrying players for next season. 
I’d really like us to push the boat out for a striker and really get a quality striker that does the business for us from the start. 

10 hours ago, Kiriakov33 said:

I wonder if Scott Burns tweet this morning about Kamberi being involved in both goals on Saturday was a hint that we may be looking to get him permanently in the summer??

Above

5 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Where did you see that we were actually interested in him staying though?

7 hours ago, Millertime said:

I think he will be a lot better with Hedges back, two actual footballers 

7 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye. 

I'd like to see Kamberi and Hedges over the next couple of games and see if there's something there. 

4 hours ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

Kamberi stats so far: 12 games, 1 goal, 1 assist. 
He is an easy on the eye player when he’s in the mood but I don’t think we can afford to be carrying players for next season. 
I’d really like us to push the boat out for a striker and really get a quality striker that does the business for us from the start. 

Kamberi is far too wasteful with possession for a supposed ‘actual footballer’ he probably loses possession more than half the time when he gets it.

He is a luxury player that only seems to turn up/impress sporadically. Much like GMS was but arguably GMS was more consistent than him

4 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Kamberi is far too wasteful with possession for a supposed ‘actual footballer’ he probably loses possession more than half the time when he gets it.

He is a luxury player that only seems to turn up/impress sporadically. Much like GMS was but arguably GMS was more consistent than him

For a striker his stats are gash, 36 career goals. Mackiesque!

Has the "Thumb's" contract extension option been triggered pre the end of April deadline for same?

If not would be better signing than Kamberi, purely based on likely goals return.

25 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

Has the "Thumb's" contract extension option been triggered pre the end of April deadline for same?

If not would be better signing than Kamberi, purely based on likely goals return.

Nothing that I have seen to confirm either way. Would have thought the Glasgow rags would have reported it if he had.

The Thumb to us would be great business. He knows where the goal is. 

Not a fan of Kamberi in the slghtest. 

2 hours ago, DD1903 said:

Lolz

someone asks if scott burns tweet means we're buying kamberi, and you take that to mean we are!? Lolz

I ain’t the only one talking about him 

2 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I know a team who once signed an Irish midfielder for about 250k then released him 5 months later

Same team also paid 300k for May and released him. Different team, management and player. St Gallen could well release him but Kamberi may have suitors willing to pay a fee for him

18 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

I ain’t the only one talking about him 

I didn't say you were. You pished your pants about paying a fee for kamberi based on someone thinking scott burns tweeting about his assists might mean we're buying him. 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Woody21 said:

Griffiths can't be arsed getting fit in a season where Celtic are desperate for a striker and there is the potential of Euro 2020 at the end of the season. There is absolutely not a chance Griffiths will come here and give anything above 4% effort

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Woody21 said:

I’d be surprised if Celtic don’t want to keep him, even if to just have him sitting on the bench to stop him from playing for anyone else in the league. That’s regularly how they go about their business.

10 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

GMS' stats were actually pretty good when he was with us, a goal every 300 or so minutes. Kamberi's stats however, especially the retaining possession thing, are damning.

He is dispossessed 2.5 times a game, which is the worst stat of any player playing in the Premiership this season. In the whole league only Lee Erwin has an equally poor rate of being dispossessed while at Ross County (2.5) although he improved since he went to St Mirren (1.6). The next closest at AFC is Hendry on 1.4, Watkins & Kennedy on 1.2.

He also takes 4.8 bad first touches per game, which is the worst stats of any player playing in the Premiership this season. The next closest to him in the whole league is almost as damning as it can be, because it's Bruce Anderson (4.3)... The next closest in our team is Cosgrove 3.5, Hornby 3.2, Main 2.7.

He has the highest shots per game of anyone at AFC at 2.2 and yet has only scored once in 536 minutes (8 appearances) for Aberdeen.

His average stats suggest that he is the weakest senior player currently at Aberdeen FC; only Hendry is worse if you can class him as senior.

Think twice all those suggesting we should sign him; maybe sign him at £500 a week like all the youngsters with comparable stats.....

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

GMS' stats were actually pretty good when he was with us, a goal every 300 or so minutes. Kamberi's stats however, especially the retaining possession thing, are damning.

He is dispossessed 2.5 times a game, which is the worst stat of any player playing in the Premiership this season. In the whole league only Lee Erwin has an equally poor rate of being dispossessed while at Ross County (2.5) although he improved since he went to St Mirren (1.6). The next closest at AFC is Hendry on 1.4, Watkins & Kennedy on 1.2.

He also takes 4.8 bad first touches per game, which is the worst stats of any player playing in the Premiership this season. The next closest to him in the whole league is almost as damning as it can be, because it's Bruce Anderson (4.3)... The next closest in our team is Cosgrove 3.5, Hornby 3.2, Main 2.7.

He has the highest shots per game of anyone at AFC at 2.2 and yet has only scored once in 536 minutes (8 appearances) for Aberdeen.

His average stats suggest that he is the weakest senior player currently at Aberdeen FC; only Hendry is worse if you can class him as senior.

Think twice all those suggesting we should sign him; maybe sign him at £500 a week like all the youngsters with comparable stats.....

Good work min. 

2 hours ago, The Hulk said:

I'm not sure I believe he gets dispossessed 2.5 times a game. Likewise 4.8 bad first touches a game.

It's surely more.

• Upvote 1

Hardly surprising he has an average of 4.8 bad first touches per game. When he was playing under McInnes he had to deal with one of the defenders shelling 40-50 yard punts somewhere vaguely in his direction (but also vaguely in the direction of Hazlehead park or the North Sea)

He was rank rotten v United (as was everyone else) but he wasn't bad at the weekend. He's got 2 more games to prove to Glass he's worth a contract. I suspect we will probably look elsewhere but if he excels, who knows?