9 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Agree with most of that but how do you know he’s not a good footballer? Surely can’t base that of his time here before? 

He’d probably be alright but he’s a hun.

Basing it purely on before. 

Even then, he's played most of his career since leaving in League1/2 England, and then struggled to get into fodder Rotherham sides who I'd fancy us to beat. 

I can't claim to have watched him every week, and he's got a couple promotions on his CV, but it's not a signing that makes me particularly impressed. 

Naturally, if he came in, you'd have to wait and see what like, but on paper it's a fairly brutal outlay. 

Trying to see if Devlin can stay fit is a farce as well. Look back 2 years to now, he can't. 

Robertson’s injury record doesn’t look great, let’s hope Glass isn’t following in McInnes footsteps with these kind of signings.

If Devlins getting some more time to prove himself it looks like Taylor and Hoban are edging closer to their way out. 

If Anderson gets a new deal then I don’t see us keeping any of our current on loan strikers. 

It's not a surprise that Anderson might stay. I thought it was common knowledge we'd offered him a deal to protect our investment? That's what most folk on here wanted the club to do. Hardly a surprise if he decides to stay on and give it a crack under a new regime. 

I've not really followed Robertson since he went down south but he's been playing centre back the entire time when he mainly played out of position as a Bambi on ice left back here when he did feature. 

Giving Devlin a chance to prove his fitness is a nice touch. But probably a complete waste of everyone's time. 

7 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Even then, he's played most of his career since leaving in League1/2 England, and then struggled to get into fodder Rotherham sides who I'd fancy us to beat. 

I can't claim to have watched him every week, and he's got a couple promotions on his CV, but it's not a signing that makes me particularly impressed. 

Naturally, if he came in, you'd have to wait and see what like, but on paper it's a fairly brutal outlay. 

Trying to see if Devlin can stay fit is a farce as well. Look back 2 years to now, he can't. 

We need an upgrade on Considine.

Robertson isn’t an upgrade. And he’s spent half of the last two seasons injured. 

Speaking of injured, giving Devlin 6 months is utter madness. Just save yourself time & a wage & release him. 

• Upvote 1

After yesterday's announcement, todays is a real downer. Clark is a massive down grade on what we have today (Hoban etc...). I am basing it off his previous seasons with us and his injury record.

Anderson is the new Darren Mackie and can just take a hike as far as I am concerned.

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We need an upgrade on Considine.

Robertson isn’t an upgrade. And he’s spent half of the last two seasons injured. 

Speaking of injured, giving Devlin 6 months is utter madness. Just save yourself time & a wage & release him. 

Considine has played a ridiculous amount of games this season, for his age. 

Looks fuckin knackered. 

Ah well. 

8 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

He’s been in and out the team due to injuries which is the main concern. He’d have the ability to play for us but seems a weird risk to take with his injury record.

7 hours ago, super_al said:

After yesterday's announcement, todays is a real downer. Clark is a massive down grade on what we have today (Hoban etc...). I am basing it off his previous seasons with us and his injury record.

Anderson is the new Darren Mackie and can just take a hike as far as I am concerned.

Hoban is pish. Not that I've seen any of Clark robertson right enough. 

its only a rumour, so not going to shit the bed like you have

16 minutes ago, redstrummer said:

Clark Robertson mostly played LB for us , might be a good option there again as back up to young Ramsay . Certainly wouldn't have him as a CH 

He was shite at left back for us. He's barely played at left back since he left, so what makes you think this is a good idea?!  Square pegs in round wholes again!? It's this kind of approach that has held us back for years. 

51 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Hoban is pish. Not that I've seen any of Clark robertson right enough. 

its only a rumour, so not going to shit the bed like you have

Hobans not pish, seems less interested since mcinnes left but comfortable one of our best players this season. He was getting rave reviews before March. Probably MOTM again v Livi last week.

id keep him. 

1 minute ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Hobans not pish, seems less interested since mcinnes left but comfortable one of our best players this season. He was getting rave reviews before March. Probably MOTM again v Livi last week.

id keep him. 

I disagree. He's been garbage for months. Slow, poor on the ball and looks shit scared half the time. 

some thought he'd be in the epl...? lolz

24 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

He was shite at left back for us. He's barely played at left back since he left, so what makes you think this is a good idea?!  Square pegs in round wholes again!? It's this kind of approach that has held us back for years. 

I don't think it's a good idea, just throwing out a suggestion if he is coming in . I hope not 

9 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It's not a surprise that Anderson might stay. I thought it was common knowledge we'd offered him a deal to protect our investment? That's what most folk on here wanted the club to do. Hardly a surprise if he decides to stay on and give it a crack under a new regime. 

I've not really followed Robertson since he went down south but he's been playing centre back the entire time when he mainly played out of position as a Bambi on ice left back here when he did feature. 

Giving Devlin a chance to prove his fitness is a nice touch. But probably a complete waste of everyone's time. 

Mikey is a really decent lad, has a great work ethic and is keen to stay. Can understand why Glass would give him a short term contract to see if he can finally get and stay fit. 

Not sure many thought we would get a full year out of Hoban and we did so fingers crossed for him. 

A former Hamilton captain so fits into filling the team with captains!!

40 minutes ago, AllyDon said:

Mikey is a really decent lad, has a great work ethic and is keen to stay. Can understand why Glass would give him a short term contract to see if he can finally get and stay fit. 

Not sure many thought we would get a full year out of Hoban and we did so fingers crossed for him. 

A former Hamilton captain so fits into filling the team with captains!!

Aye I feel for Devlin.  That 6 months he and McKenna played together and both made the Scotland squad was as good a centre back partnership that we've had for quite a while. 

The longer he's out and the more times he breaks down when coming back the harder it is to see him playing consistently at this level again. 

1 hour ago, redstrummer said:

Clark Robertson mostly played LB for us , might be a good option there again as back up to young Ramsay . Certainly wouldn't have him as a CH 

Why would you have a left footed Robertson as back up to a right back?

I don't want him even as back up to the centre backs, never mind being a first choice. Hopefully this is a pile of shite but if it isn't then it shows our budget isn't going to be anywhere near as good as we all hoped

2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I don't want him even as back up to the centre backs, never mind being a first choice. Hopefully this is a pile of shite but if it isn't then it shows our budget isn't going to be anywhere near as good as we all hoped

I'm hoping the big bucks are being reserved for the attacking players 

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

Agree with the 2nd paragraph completely.

I’ll be waiting to see who else we sign this summer before getting taken in with Cormack & Glass’ bluster.

It's a rumour lads.  Some folk seem desperate for Cormack and Glass to fail.  Everyone was pleased the last 2 days then one newspaper rumour and its all doom and gloom again. 

The reality is they have brought in Brown, Gallagher and Woods so far, the first two of which won't have been cheap.  Everything else is just fantasy at the moment. 

And if folk think they are going to get every player they want for every position including cover in one transfer window they are going to end up disappointed I think. 

• Upvote 1

Robertson always looked like a centre half playing at left back when he was with us, he has now played over 180 games since he left us 6 Years ago, I have no idea how he has developed over the Years but I feel this is lazy journalism unless we are still looking at Mcinnes/Richardson targets