10 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Robertson always looked like a centre half playing at left back when he was with us, he has now played over 180 games since he left us 6 Years ago, I have no idea how he has developed over the Years but I feel this is lazy journalism unless we are still looking at Mcinnes/Richardson targets

I've not seen him play really since he left us but he left us a boy 6 years ago and now he's 26 playing in a different position so folk are really remembering the kid that was with us before I think. 

Played most of his time down south getting promoted from League 1 and relegated from the Championship so that's a fair indication of his level. Had a few injuries as well which actually would be my biggest concern.  

I wouldn't be overly excited about him being a first choice centre back here but maybe he's the best left footed centre back available that wants to come to us at this time? Apparently it's really important  to have left footed centre backs despite 81% of the world's population being right sided. 

47 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It's a rumour lads.  Some folk seem desperate for Cormack and Glass to fail.  Everyone was pleased the last 2 days then one newspaper rumour and its all doom and gloom again. 

The reality is they have brought in Brown, Gallagher and Woods so far, the first two of which won't have been cheap.  Everything else is just fantasy at the moment. 

And if folk think they are going to get every player they want for every position including cover in one transfer window they are going to end up disappointed I think. 

I don’t think it’s fair to say “folk seem desperate for Cormack & Glass to fail”.

If they do, they’re arseholes.

I wasn’t happy Glass was appointed, I think it was decided a long time ago, no matter what flannel Cormack talks about a “prawcess”.

But now that he’s here I really hope Glass does well - he comes across well, seems desperate to do well.

But I also think it’s fair if the likes of myself wait & see who we sign before believing the Dave Cormack “talk”. 

Brown & Gallagher was a good start. 
Robertson, if true, would be a big backwards step.

Let’s just wait & see

2 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

On contract till 2022 so can’t see it but got a raw deal from mcinnes imo 

Another centre back mainly played at full back here.  Put in a decent shift for a young loon at right back at times considering he wasn't really suited for it. 

Probably not even the best centre back at St Johnstone these days though. 

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I don’t think it’s fair to say “folk seem desperate for Cormack & Glass to fail”.

If they do, they’re arseholes.

I wasn’t happy Glass was appointed, I think it was decided a long time ago, no matter what flannel Cormack talks about a “prawcess”.

But now that he’s here I really hope Glass does well - he comes across well, seems desperate to do well.

But I also think it’s fair if the likes of myself wait & see who we sign before believing the Dave Cormack “talk”. 

Brown & Gallagher was a good start. 
Robertson, if true, would be a big backwards step.

Let’s just wait & see

There is definitely an element that want them to fail. 

I've got my doubts about both but folk are using a football gossip column rumour to use as a stick when we really need to judge the bigger picture which is too early for us all to see. 

You need to judge on reality not fantasy. 

Even the seemingly untouchable Scott Burns needs to sell newspapers. 

Now I'm not at all enamoured at the prospect at Clark Robertson returning but we have to be realistic after Cormack said we lost £10 million during the pandemic and 12 or 13 players set to leave there is going to be some cheap shite signings this summer.

Did hope our sights would be on better players than Clark Robertson though.

27 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I've not seen him play really since he left us but he left us a boy 6 years ago and now he's 26 playing in a different position so folk are really remembering the kid that was with us before I think. 

Played most of his time down south getting promoted from League 1 and relegated from the Championship so that's a fair indication of his level. Had a few injuries as well which actually would be my biggest concern.  

I wouldn't be overly excited about him being a first choice centre back here but maybe he's the best left footed centre back available that wants to come to us at this time? Apparently it's really important  to have left footed centre backs despite 81% of the world's population being right sided. 

It’s the usual folk losing their same shit as per.....

On Devlin, are we all in agreement he was a great player when teamed up with McKenna? Both were in the Scotland squad. Obvious even to a blind cunt that he fell out with McInnes for one reason or another and then injuries fucked him over. 

How about sending him over to Atlanta for the summer, or Denmark? Get him a half dozen games under his belt and take it from there?

Robertson/Hun? I don’t recall that? Did he declare his undying love for Sevco when he left us? 

29 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

On looking further he has been as injury prone  over his time in England as devlin so I hope it’s not a plan 

Really. Robertson has played over 180 games in his 6 Years in England. Devlin has played 37 in 4 Years hardly compares

Just now, Sheepo said:

Really. Robertson has played over 180 games in his 6 Years in England. Devlin has played 37 in 4 Years hardly compares

It's mental the number of games players in the lower divisions in England have to play. 

46 league games for a start. Plus Cup games. And the other Cup thingy that league one and league two clubs have to play every year.  

3 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

It’s the usual folk losing their same shit as per.....

On Devlin, are we all in agreement he was a great player when teamed up with McKenna? Both were in the Scotland squad. Obvious even to a blind cunt that he fell out with McInnes for one reason or another and then injuries fucked him over. 

How about sending him over to Atlanta for the summer, or Denmark? Get him a half dozen games under his belt and take it from there?

Robertson/Hun? I don’t recall that? Did he declare his undying love for Sevco when he left us? 

Aye, send him to Atlanta.

We can see him as revenge for Jon Gallagher ?

3 underwhelming rumours that.

Robertson was very poor here as a youngster, out of position or not. Hopefully not true. An Aberdonian hun is the worst kind of hun as well. Can’t imagine how Glass and Russell would even know who he is? Is Richardson still in charge of our scouting or did Glass bring in anyone with him?

Nothing against Devlin, but we can’t keep paying him to be injured and get nothing in return. He fell out with McInnes after the soul fiasco, so that argument doesn’t tie in with the rest of his time before that here, which has mainly been spent injured.

Anderson...meh. Nobody will pay money for him, and I doubt he’s ever going to be good enough to be a starting option for us. Should probably let him have a fresh start somewhere else by this point.

39 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

I heard Joe Shaughnessy was an option

I doubt it very much after his prick of a father took over the contract negotiations a couple of years back when he was on the verge of rejoining us. 

Ended up as a bit part player at an almost bankrupt Southend iirc. 

We surely wouldn't be paying a fee for him in any case

1 minute ago, Andy_123 said:

Anderson...meh. Nobody will pay money for him, and I doubt he’s ever going to be good enough to be a starting option for us. Should probably let him have a fresh start somewhere else by this point.

Aye. Everyone said we should offer him a new contract to protect our investment. But it's only protecting your investment if either someone is willing to pay for him or you have intentions of using him. 

Otherwise it's a wasted wage and you're as well letting the boy go and have a fresh start like we did with the likes of Shankland and Cammy Smith. 

12 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Robertson was very poor here as a youngster, out of position or not. Hopefully not true. An Aberdonian hun is the worst kind of hun as well. Can’t imagine how Glass and Russell would even know who he is? Is Richardson still in charge of our scouting or did Glass bring in anyone with him?

Nothing against Devlin, but we can’t keep paying him to be injured and get nothing in return. He fell out with McInnes after the soul fiasco, so that argument doesn’t tie in with the rest of his time before that here, which has mainly been spent injured.

Why did him and McInnes fall out? Derek defender the players, I thought. 

27 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

McInnes fell out with Devlin well before a soul bar. Something to do with an injury incurred during a Scotland game.