1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Exactly.

Folk happy with signing him need to check his track record over his career.

Its really poor.

13 league goals... since 2015!

5 goals in 22 for a Livingston team he couldn’t get in for ages.

We can & should be looking at better.

Hopefully this is folk putting 2+2 together to make anything other than 4. 

But he had 2 reasonable games against us!!! So he must be good!!! 

?

58 minutes ago, Redmist1903 said:

A 30 something  defensive / midfield journeyman with no resale value and a history of injury or a six foot plus non scoring centre forward?

For a club that's just lost £10 million in the pandemic I fear this is going to be the type of player we are targeting this summer. Cheap as chips as David Dickinson would say

1 hour ago, slippers said:

He looks to have a lot more about him than Curtis main but I’ll only really seen him against us. Expectations on signing have been ramped up off the back of interviews with cormack and Glass. This definitely does not fit that mould. 

He's rotten. Look at his career stats. Two decent games against our pish poor defence isn't a reason to sign a player 

I cannot believe we are allegedly looking at Clark Robertson, as previously mentioned there are numerous English based players out of contract this summer that will be freed due to clubs cutting back due to Covid. Aneke of Charlton would be better than JET. Dunne, Wallace, Hyman, McIntyre would all be a better options than Clark Robertson dependant on wage demands however we should be pushing for these better options.

53 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

For a club that's just lost £10 million in the pandemic I fear this is going to be the type of player we are targeting this summer. Cheap as chips as David Dickinson would say

We haven’t lost £10m.

Our usual sources of income may be down £10m, but a large chunk of it has been made up through transfers, insurance and director investment.

53 minutes ago, Simosmashed my knee said:

I cannot believe we are allegedly looking at Clark Robertson, as previously mentioned there are numerous English based players out of contract this summer that will be freed due to clubs cutting back due to Covid. Aneke of Charlton would be better than JET. Dunne, Wallace, Hyman, McIntyre would all be a better options than Clark Robertson dependant on wage demands however we should be pushing for these better options.

Cormack did promise super signings.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?Oh Shit.  

• Dildo 2
2 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Mainstandmoan?

He’s usually on the ball with AFC transfer rumours.

I'm sure he had one embarrassing moment regarding a signing that never happened but usually his source seems reliable enough.

I'm presuming by a McInnes signing he means someone once rated very highly but has suffered at least one catastrophic injury that has hindered his career. Louis Moult would fit that bill but doubtless so would many others. 

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

This will be an unpopular opinion no doubt but a one year deal as a wildcard option off the bench wouldn't be the end of the world.  Gives defenders a hard time and more skilful than people give him credit for. 

Would be expecting much better as first choice though. 

It would all depend on who else we signed I suppose.

If he ended up being the equivalent of a 3rd choice striker then maybe.

1st or even 2nd pick would be poor though.

The facts & stats don’t lie. 

8 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

This will be an unpopular opinion no doubt but a one year deal as a wildcard option off the bench wouldn't be the end of the world.  Gives defenders a hard time and more skilful than people give him credit for. 

What games you basing this on? The two against us? 

1 minute ago, DD1903 said:

What games you basing this on? The two against us? 

I've watched him a few times in other games as well. 

Remember though I said wildcard option off the bench, not Aberdeen's first choice striker. 

If Russell thought he could get something out of the guy would you trust his judgment? 

12 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I thought you were one of the posters on about stopping the signing of squad players?

He's shite and he's 30. It's a big no from me and I recognise we need squad players.

Just now, Tord31 said:

I thought you were one of the posters on about stopping the signing of squad players?

He's shite and he's 30. It's a big no from me and I recognise we need squad players.

I'm not saying we should sign him Tord. I wouldn't have a 31 year old as back up striker. 

But if they decide to bring him in I think he could probably make a contribution off the bench. 

People' s emotions are too high just now.