39 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Maybe, but do you see us forking out half a million when we’ve lost a shed load due to COVID-19? 

Cormack said a few weeks back we are projected to lose around 200k  did he not? After all the transfer fees received and investment from him and board. 

4 minutes ago, slippers said:

Cormack said a few weeks back we are projected to lose around 200k  did he not? After all the transfer fees received and investment from him and board. 

And the insurance. And wage cuts......I don't think a loss of £200K can be right though, must be more than that. £2 million?

I'm surprised we ever sign any cunt with the limitations folk put on the club. 

Too old, too short, too slow, too fat, too thin, wrong foot, too shite, will cost a transfer fee, will want too much money, not good enough for us because he plays for St Johnstone/St Mirren/Livingston etc. 

• Upvote 5
8 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Too old, too shite, will cost a transfer fee, will want too much money, not good enough for us because he plays for St Johnstone/St Mirren/Livingston etc. 

You have a point but did you see anyone in that St Mirren team today that would improve us or move us on to the next level? I never to be honest. I'd maybe take Shaugnessey at a push but only because signing Clark Griswald gives me the fear.

2 minutes ago, Redmist1903 said:

You have a point but did you see anyone in that St Mirren team today that would improve us or move us on to the next level? I never to be honest. Maybe Shaugnessey at a push but only because signing Clark Griswald gives me the fear.

St Mirren didn't play great today, no. But I saw one or two in the St Johnstone team that would improve us and a few in the Hibs team yesterday that would improve us too. 

1 minute ago, Redmist1903 said:

You have a point but did you see anyone in that St Mirren team today that would improve us or move us on to the next level? I never to be honest. I'd maybe take Shaugnessey at a push but only because signing Clark Griswald gives me the fear.

The Shaughnessy that let Kane run across him & score? 
He’s at his level IMO. 

McGrath was quiet too but that’s just one game to be fair. I do think the 16 goals scored that’s banded about is a wee bit of a smoke screen as 10 have been penalties. 
Decent player though. 

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The Shaughnessy that let Kane run across him & score? 
He’s at his level IMO. 

I did say at a push. Instead of Clark Robertson is definetly at a push.

I'd defo take Kerr of St Johnstone though. I'd look at the guy Wortherspoon as well but maybe too old now, seems to have been on the go for ages. Who knows if we has a decent scouting system maybe we'd have signed him instead of Forrester, Gleeson or Tansey a few years ago.

Just now, Redmist1903 said:

I'd defo take Kerr of St Johnstone though. I'd look at the guy Wortherspoon as well but maybe too old now, seems to have been on the go for ages. Who knows if we has a decent scouting system maybe we'd have signed him instead of Forrester, Gleeson or Tansey a few years ago.

Wotherspoon has been a decent  spl player his entire career.  One of those guys that will give you a steady performance most weeks. 

Must be about 30 now? 

4 minutes ago, Redmist1903 said:

Kerr is far better than both Shaughnessy & Robertson. 
Would definitely have him on this seasons form. 
Wotherspoon is a good & clever player but I think he’s 31? 

40 minutes ago, Redmist1903 said:

McCarthy is St Mirrens best cb

5 minutes ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

If we’re spending money then yeah I’d be after Jason Kerr straight away. 
Kerr’s younger, not injury prone, has experience of the league and he’s a cup winning Captain. What more could you want? 
If Hibs get any money for that donkey Porteous then I see them going for Kerr as a replacement. 

Agree .... & they’ll be getting a better player

All 3 of Stjohnstones Centre halves have had good seasons and all are comfortable on the ball and are thriving under the football they are being asked to play under Davidson. McCann run the midfield Today and was very impressive. Durmus at Stmirren would be an upgrade on Kennedy for sure. If we have money to spend I would be delighted with Either Kerr or McCann from St Johnstone 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Too old, too short, too slow, too fat, too thin, wrong foot, too shite, will cost a transfer fee, will want too much money, not good enough for us because he plays for St Johnstone/St Mirren/Livingston etc. 

Was thinking exactly this earlier. Folk seem to forget how shite we have been this season. We need to look for players who will fit the system Glass wants to play and hopefully if we get forwards that have shown they have ability Russell will work with them and improve them

2 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

All 3 of Stjohnstones Centre halves have had good seasons and all are comfortable on the ball and are thriving under the football they are being asked to play under Davidson. McCann run the midfield Today and was very impressive. Durmus at Stmirren would be an upgrade on Kennedy for sure. If we have money to spend I would be delighted with Either Kerr or McCann from St Johnstone 

Ali McCann can run a midfield at 21. He's got a good future. 

Just now, Sheepo said:

Was thinking exactly this earlier. Folk seem to forget how shite we have been this season. We need to look for players who will fit the system Glass wants to play and hopefully if we get forwards that have shown they have ability Russell will work with them and improve them

Aye we need to be less snobby and realise there's some decent youngish players in this league that are better than the some of the players we've got. 

And maybe try and sign the ones with good technical ability this time rather than ones who are a Rolls Royce of a boy in the dressing room. 

• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye we need to be less snobby and realise there's some decent youngish players in this league that are better than the some of the players we've got. 

And maybe try and sign the ones with good technical ability this time rather than ones who are a Rolls Royce of a boy in the dressing room. 

We also need to be less snobby and realise there are some decent older players in this league as well.

It’s all about the team,  not any one individual, so just cos a player ain’t getting a game for a so called lesser team doesn’t mean he ain’t good enough for us.