1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Dunne is 23 now (and will be a couple of months short of 24 by the time next season starts) so there shouldn't be a fee involved as it is a cross border transfer. Can't see when his contract expires though.

My only reservation is that he's a Premier League player and will have wages that reflect that status, even if he has only racked up a grand total of 6 appearances for Burnley in that time (he has had 5 loans and made a total of 88 appearances for those teams). You would imagine that he's not going to get another contract with Burnley so he might well consider top end SPL a better career option than lower Championship or EFL clubs. But I think he'd be asking for wages that place him around the same as Lewis gets, perhaps  even more

Confirmed in the local news a few days ago that he still hasn't signed a new contract and they will get compensation if he goes to an English club. Just wasn't sure if the loophole had been closed on cross border signings going for free.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/burnley-transfer-news-jimmy-dunne-20541470

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Edinburgh Evening News saying a 500k development fee would be due to Motherwell for Campbell. He's confirmed he's leaving Motherwell. Personally can't see Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen writing a cheque for that. Likely go down south to sign for English giants Luton Town. 

I think Aberdeen would spend 500k on the right player. Unfortunately we are very heavy on centre mids and actually think we would struggle to persuade him to come to Aberdeen. Could also see Hibs making a move if they are to win the Scottish cup. 

39 minutes ago, slippers said:

I think Aberdeen would spend 500k on the right player. Unfortunately we are very heavy on centre mids and actually think we would struggle to persuade him to come to Aberdeen. Could also see Hibs making a move if they are to win the Scottish cup. 

I’d rather we spent £500k on a centre forward (if we do have that amount of cash to spend on a player). 

We should absolutely be spending, if we can , £500k on Campbell as the lad will be worth four to six times that in a few years. This should be our model.  Invest to gain quality for a few years, sell on for a higher fee down the line after we have helped develop great young talent.   Do it several times over and our reputation will bring us quality young players who can see a club progressive in developing careers.   

3 hours ago, Kiriakov33 said:

A Hibee mate is convinced Campbell is signing for them in summer.   

Wishful. I still wouldn't rule out one of the Glasgow two picking him up. Seeing if he can handle the step up. If not, selling him for more than they spent on his development fee. 

Kickback seems convinced we've three prominent signings just waiting to be revealed. To turn around the disdain for Budge and Neilson it's gonna have to be Campbell and Dunne level quality. Instead I think it'll be one of the Inverness youngsters and a couple of Savage gambles from down south. 

I think Hibs will be in for Kerr. Even if Porteous stays. And if Nisbet goes, probably Shankland. 

There's limited available talent in Scotland to satisfy Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs squad needs. We'll be exploring Ireland again after McEneff. After years of piss recruitment, Savage needs to deliver for us in his first proper window. 

Agents will offer the same players to Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs. It's about where each club feels they need to invest. CH and CMF our two most needed positions. 

• Haha 1
  • Dildo 5
1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Some bloke on P & B saying we’ve offered a contract to Marvin Johnson, who’s coming out of contract at Middlesbrough.

Ex-Motherwell, left winger, but 30 now.

Probably nonsense. 

Are we yet to be linked with any exciting young players since Glass' arrival? Seems to be quite alot of "experience" in the squad already when you look at the remaining contracted players and those confirmed to be joining in the summer.

11 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Griffiths for fuck all, Campbell for £500k & £2m change.

Good deal.

Did they not turn down about £2.5m in January?

I think it was reported as £3million from Birmingham, exactly the same time as we were tanning them for £2million for Cosgrove. Nisbet wasn't a bit happy about it getting turned down.

What you say would be a fabulous deal.....and why I think Griffiths will end up at Hibs rather than us. With £3m in the bank, they could afford to push the boat out a bit on wages for Griffiths and as I have said before....he's a Hibs fanatic anyway and he can join them with no need to move house if he doesn't want, Glasgow to Edinburgh is an easy daily commute

35 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I think it was reported as £3million from Birmingham, exactly the same time as we were tanning them for £2million for Cosgrove. Nisbet wasn't a bit happy about it getting turned down.

What you say would be a fabulous deal.....and why I think Griffiths will end up at Hibs rather than us. With £3m in the bank, they could afford to push the boat out a bit on wages for Griffiths and as I have said before....he's a Hibs fanatic anyway and he can join them with no need to move house if he doesn't want, Glasgow to Edinburgh is an easy daily commute

Would have to assume they will get more than 3m now for him if they were offered that in Jan. especially if they win the Scottish cup and have that 3-4m from European football. They won’t be in a bad position. 

43 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Aye that’s what I think will happen 

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

The reason the £3m was turned down was it was all in drips and snotters based on appearances, performance, etc. It wasn't £3m in the bank. 

• Dildo 2
2 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

The reason the £3m was turned down was it was all in drips and snotters based on appearances, performance, etc. It wasn't £3m in the bank. 

If that it true then it makes our Dick Turpin job on Birmingham even more impressive

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Bothwell to Leith would be a pig of a commute well over an hour crawling at 5 mph for the last 30 mins bit unless Hibs have a training facility well outside Edinburgh on the Glasgow side or he has a helicopter and they have a helipad - he'd have to move and give up his house with the number 9 painted on the tarmac. I'm sure he could paint it somewhere else though.

20 hours ago, Roberto said:

Unfortunately this is the case.

When he was fit (which wasn't often) he had a really good spell for us, and he made the Scotland squad at one point. I would have preferred that Devlin as he was a good player.

However, we don't have that version any more, and that version will never return.

He isn't worth another contract. AT ALL. 

And he was very much on a downward curve when he made the Scotland squad.  I'm pretty sure one time he went away with Scotland he'd been benched for our games immediately before and after.  Was a good player there but boy did he love a Hollywood long-ball out of defence, more often than not over the head of our winger and into the Main Stand.  I think he's on a comparatively low wage which when chucked back in the pot probably won't attract a player of better calibre hence why they're giving him a little more time but I think his time is up.

13 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Some bloke on P & B saying we’ve offered a contract to Marvin Johnson, who’s coming out of contract at Middlesbrough.

Ex-Motherwell, left winger, but 30 now.

Probably nonsense. 

I thought he was tremendous at Motherwell, haven't followed him at all since. Signing a 30yr old winger who'd likely command a fairly decent wage is a bit of a gamble unless he's still got what it takes to make a contribution akin to what he did for Motherwell.

40 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

Bothwell to Leith would be a pig of a commute well over an hour crawling at 5 mph for the last 30 mins bit unless Hibs have a training facility well outside Edinburgh on the Glasgow side or he has a helicopter and they have a helipad - he'd have to move and give up his house with the number 9 painted on the tarmac. I'm sure he could paint it somewhere else though.

Hibs training centre is in East Lothian so not in the City at all, fairly accessible off the bypass.

2 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

Hibs training centre is in East Lothian so not in the City at all, fairly accessible off the bypass.

And all motorway from Bothwell to the City Bypass. The bypass can get a bit busy between 8 and 9 am resulting in the 5mph crawl he mentions..........but an hour either way tops.

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

And all motorway from Bothwell to the City Bypass. The bypass can get a bit busy between 8 and 9 am resulting in the 5mph crawl he mentions..........but an hour either way tops.

Not been much queues during Covid thankfully. Teams tend to train between 10-3 anyway so he would miss the majority of rush hour traffic.