22 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Take Kennedy for example. I never got why people thought he'd be a good signing. 

Hed scored a few of goals, but all in all he'd only managed 5 assists in 60 games for St Johnstone. 

That's a rate of 1 assist every 12 games. It should therefore be no surprise that he's done fuck all here. Seriously, what the fuck were AFC thinking?!!! 

Classic case of a player playing a good game, once, versus AFC. That game where the Saintees had two men sent off at McDermott Park last season, Kennedy scored the equaliser, and we couldn't break them down thereafter..

6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Perspective needed though. 

Yeah we've announced Brown and Gallagher as our first two signings. Everything else is folk getting worked up about media rumours. 

I recall two recent seasons when McInnes' first summer signings were 

Gleeson and Forrester 

Main and Taylor 

Everyone will have their opinion on Gallagher and Brown (too slow, too old, wrong foot, etc) but imo those two signings are a better first two in the door than the ones listed above. 

People are too emotional just now. 

Just hope the rumours are 100% BS & (especially rgds Robertson) it’s just agents trying to get their players noticed/talked about at best. Because if Robertson for one is the caliber of shite we are looking at seriously & with them viewed as ‘only signing players for starting 11’ types, then I seriously have my doubts about the judgments of all involved in sourcing our players.

Just now, fine-n-dandy said:

Just hope the rumours are 100% BS & (especially rgds Robertson) it’s just agents trying to get their players noticed/talked about at best. Because if Robertson for one is the caliber of shite we are looking at seriously & with them viewed as ‘only signing players for starting 11’ types, then I seriously have by doubts about the judgments of all involved in sourcing our players.

That's the problem when you need so many though. 

The order they come in becomes really important in the eyes of the supporters. 

For example if anyone other than a bona fide stick on goalscorer who's going to be a guaranteed starter comes in first folk will have kittens on here. 

We really need to have patience to see the big picture but it's not easy as we don't have visibility of what's going on inside the club. 

For example, I wouldn't sign Thomas. And as folk have said he isn't a goalscorer. But he can play across the front line and that might make him attractive to our management team.  Whether we like/agree with it or not. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

That's the problem when you need so many though. 

The order they come in becomes really important in the eyes of the supporters. 

For example if anyone other than a bona fide stick on goalscorer who's going to be a guaranteed starter comes in first folk will have kittens on here. 

We really need to have patience to see the big picture but it's not easy as we don't have visibility of what's going on inside the club. 

For example, I wouldn't sign Thomas. And as folk have said he isn't a goalscorer. But he can play across the front line and that might make him attractive to our management team.  Whether we like/agree with it or not. 

Regardless of when Robertson is signed (if he is) whether it’s next signing or last signing of the window. If there is ANY truth that we are even looking at shite like that (especially this early & not in a plan D,E,F like McInnes) then there is very good reason to be worried & lack faith in our ambitions 

Clark Robertson was fkn shite. No way he has improved enough to be the kind of CH we would ever be excited about signing. I would be more pissed off at us re-signing a failed FB now CH such as him than I was when McInnes brought fkn Taylor back.

like I say. I really hope it’s agent BS

11 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Well that’s complete pish for starters.

He missed more than 12 games this season alone. 

11 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Only missed 3 games for us apparently ?

Didn’t he return early to Bristol due to his injury. He therefore wouldn’t have been eligible to play for Bristol as returned outside transfer window

I think that would be good business if we were to sign Watkins on a 2 year deal. He's predominately a winger.

Watkins on left wing. Hedges on right wing. McGrath in the attacking mid slot.

Any one of Watkins, Marvin Johnson, Devante Cole and Leigh Griffiths would all be welcome signings IMO.

• Upvote 4
2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Another 30+ player, & injury prone.

He was good in the 3 months or whatever we had him, but worth the risk? Not sure. 

Only reason he got injured when here was cos of that totally unneccesary tackle from that fucking reptile Brown, in the Cup semi.

53 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

I think that would be good business if we were to sign Watkins on a 2 year deal. He's predominately a winger.

Watkins on left wing. Hedges on right wing. McGrath in the attacking mid slot.

Any one of Watkins, Marvin Johnson, Devante Cole and Leigh Griffiths would all be welcome signings IMO.

Bonnie Don that’s great , there’s only one problem.     Cormack and Glass, their way of thinking wouldn’t go for it.    Just wait for the Atlanta invasion.

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Perspective needed though. 

Yeah we've announced Brown and Gallagher as our first two signings. Everything else is folk getting worked up about media rumours. 

I recall two recent seasons when McInnes' first summer signings were 

Gleeson and Forrester 

Main and Taylor 

Everyone will have their opinion on Gallagher and Brown (too slow, too old, wrong foot, etc) but imo those two signings are a better first two in the door than the ones listed above

People are too emotional just now.

We could have announced Greg Stewart & Peter Pawlett and they would still be better than the ones listed above. ? 

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Torry Tosser said:

Aye,doon sooth in Moo Moo land league 2.?

So you think no improvement on what we’ve got currently , well it’s good we all have differing opinions but for me a definite up grade 

kamberi and hornby looked like they could improve the team but sadly not 

Watkins certainty helped us to play better football whilst he was here .

the other two have given more issues to teams than we have so that’s my rational 

2 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

So you think no improvement on what we’ve got currently , well it’s good we all have differing opinions but for me a definite up grade 

the other two have given more issues to teams than we have so that’s my rational 

So, Cole gets injured or suffers a loss of form. Who's scoring the goals? 

7 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

Take Watkins,the other two not so keen I'm afraid.

2 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Regardless of when Robertson is signed (if he is) whether it’s next signing or last signing of the window. If there is ANY truth that we are even looking at shite like that (especially this early & not in a plan D,E,F like McInnes) then there is very good reason to be worried & lack faith in our ambitions 

Clark Robertson was fkn shite. No way he has improved enough to be the kind of CH we would ever be excited about signing. I would be more pissed off at us re-signing a failed FB now CH such as him than I was when McInnes brought fkn Taylor back.

like I say. I really hope it’s agent BS

It’s not bullshit unfortunately. 

Can't see any evidence of a bad knee injury, but in 3 seasons with Bristol (minus the time spent on loan with us) he has made a grand total of 29 appearances. And 17 of those were in his first season. Adding in his time with us boosts it up to 42 appearances with a combined total of 5 goals scored.

I doubt he will be all that bothered as he signed for Bristol for £1million so will have been earning a salary commensurate with that fee regardless of whatever playing time he got. It suggests to me though that he's probably too big a risk for us to take on, given his age and likely wage demands despite his good form in the short spell he had with us.

I've got a feeling we might end up loaning someone up that end of the pitch. 

We'd really need to pay a transfer fee for someone to meet the expectations folk have of an acceptable striker which are pretty high.  Bringing in someone on a permanent basis that is a recognised goalscorer and not the other side of 30 isn't going to be cheap. 

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I've got a feeling we might end up loaning someone up that end of the pitch. 

We'd really need to pay a transfer fee for someone to meet the expectations folk have of an acceptable striker which are pretty high.  Bringing in someone on a permanent basis that is a recognised goalscorer and not the other side of 30 isn't going to be cheap. 

I don’t think our expectations are ‘high’ as such. Just that we have little faith in getting what we SHOULD be entitled to expect at a club like ours. The levels of ‘expectations’ has been strongly shat on for years to a level where we jizz over players like Marley Watkins (an average Caley player in all honesty) as a fantastic signing.

punish folk long enough with shite ‘treats’ & they are delighted with even a meager improvement on them.

expectations have been very much lowered if anything but the board will class our wishes as ‘unrealistic’ as that is what has been drip fed into the mentality from all angles since the 90’s

• Upvote 1