At EPL prices I don't think £4M is too much of an ask - Scottish players have a better currency now and you could creatively put together a highlights package of him that would make him look fairly decent. 

Watford get something like £175M just for getting promoted...

52 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye agreed. 

I think he was always likely to leave this summer anyway to help fund the rebuild. 

Which is fine.

That should be the template for us.

Sign up young talent for smallish fees, get 100 games out of them, and sell them on for 10x what we paid.

I have no issue with Ferguson leaving, as long as it’s not to the scum. 
Watford would be a great move for him, regardless if they stay in the EPL next season or not. 

9 minutes ago, RedRichard said:

At EPL prices I don't think £4M is too much of an ask - Scottish players have a better currency now and you could creatively put together a highlights package of him that would make him look fairly decent. 

Watford get something like £175M just for getting promoted...

and they try to buy a young scottish player on the cheap.....fuck em

£3m + 25% sell on & its still loose change for them

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Which is fine.

That should be the template for us.

Sign up young talent for smallish fees, get 100 games out of them, and sell them on for 10x what we paid.

I have no issue with Ferguson leaving, as long as it’s not to the scum. 
Watford would be a great move for him, regardless if they stay in the EPL next season or not. 

this^^

it would attract youngsters to the club as well if we develop them to the point where guffy teams come in & pay them big wages to go down( Good transfer fee for the Dons as well)

2 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Strange for Aberdeen to announce this, when there have been fuck all leaks in the media. In an era when there have been more leaks than in a Welsh park

Maybe the club are putting it out there to avoid leaks as no doubt the player and his agent would put it out there.

47 minutes ago, Zander1903 said:

no fear they can afford him

Champions League cash? They could afford £4m no bother at all if they really wanted him.

You would like to think that Cormack would reject every single offer they put in though.......it's an entirely different situation to the one that happened with Wright. For now, we hold the whip hand.

But I'm not at all convinced that Cormack has the balls

3 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

£1.2m is an insult of an offer.

But talk of £4m-£5m is fanciful, that’s over-rating him.

The trouble is we have an unsettled player who wants to leave. To get from the £1.2m to anything around say £2.5m will be difficult. 

£2.5m with add ons & I’d be tempted to deal, on the proviso a good chunk gets re-invested.

You could bring in Irvine & pay a fee for McGrath at St Mirren.

You could even put in a cheeky offer of £500k for Boyle (which allegedly allows us to talk to him). Unlikely he’d come here but if you don’t ask.

Losing Ferguson won’t be the end of the world. 

Why exactly is 4 million fanciful it should be the least we are asking for and willing to sell for

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I was more thinking if the starting point was £1.2m, with an unhappy player desperate to leave, it’s a stretch to get to £4m-£5m.

The transfer request does weaken our hand slightly but the fact remains that he has 3 years left of a contract that he agreed to. We are still in a strong position.  Let’s wait and see if the transfer request generates any other clubs interest.  If 3-4 other clubs come sniffing about then we say 4million and he’s yours.   Time is very much on our side.   
That being said,  I fully expect the Glasgow press to go into full Anti-Aberdeen mode in the next few days/ weeks.  

36 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I was more thinking if the starting point was £1.2m, with an unhappy player desperate to leave, it’s a stretch to get to £4m-£5m.

How much did hibs knock back for nisbet in January window? Over 2 million I think and Ferguson has done more than nisbet 

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He’s got 3 years on his contract. Perfectly acceptable number is 4-5 million. If they don’t put up the money he doesn’t go 

3 Million plus realistic add ons and a sell on clause would be a good deal. 1.2 million isn't a long way from 3/4 for a club like Watford. Happy to see the back of him after this today tbh, we took him from Hamilton reserves and gave a him a long term deal, paying a good fee in the process. Absolutely no need for a transfer request after one bid of 1.2 million has been rejected. Transfer requests are nothing more than to drum up further interest in your player and to show the club bidding that you are desperate for them to come back in. 

Ferguson is a good player, nothing more than that and I'm sure Watford won't lose any sleep moving on to a new target, which is probably worrying Ferguson and his agent. 

• Upvote 2
47 minutes ago, thurso said:

He’s got 3 years on his contract. Perfectly acceptable number is 4-5 million. If they don’t put up the money he doesn’t go 

And we are left with a deeply unhappy player, who might not be trying too hard in future. You would hope this wouldn't be the case but it has happened in the past, And having that utter cunt McMurdo as his agent, literally anything could be happening behind the scenes. 

For young eens who have no idea who McMurdo is, he was Maurice Johnston's agent in 1989. Have a wee google to see what happened if you still don't know.....

4 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

And we are left with a deeply unhappy player, who might not be trying too hard in future. You would hope this wouldn't be the case but it has happened in the past, And having that utter cunt McMurdo as his agent, literally anything could be happening behind the scenes. 

For young eens who have no idea who McMurdo is, he was Maurice Johnston's agent in 1989. Have a wee google to see what happened if you still don't know.....

I’ll paraphrase.

McMurdo is an untrustworthy, bigoted hun bastard.

I had no idea he was still an agent, he’s 72 FFS.

Hun cunt. 

Man the amount of turnover could be massive again this summer. Our new mid/rb from rangers also drawing interest it seems.

I remember getting a scolding for saying AFC should target more players on loan. But that'd be too much turnover I was told.

I dont see the offensive/creative names coming in to make a difference. 

If JET is taking over for curtis main fine. But if he is here to challenge the old firm or even secure us 3rd place... we'll we are basically no different than a fat single mom (or mum if you prefer) on tinder trying to land prince charming.

I see choppy waters ahead. 

• Dildo 2

I was lurking on a Watford forum to see what they made of their interest in Ferguson, very interesting......

Firstly they are apparently broke, so unlikely to meet our 3 to 4 million valuation. Secondly one poster claims to know of a few scouts....Ferguson's agent offered him to Norwich and was promptly told they were not interested. 

13 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

£1.2m is an insult of an offer.

But talk of £4m-£5m is fanciful, that’s over-rating him.

The trouble is we have an unsettled player who wants to leave. To get from the £1.2m to anything around say £2.5m will be difficult. 

£2.5m with add ons & I’d be tempted to deal, on the proviso a good chunk gets re-invested.

You could bring in Irvine & pay a fee for McGrath at St Mirren.

You could even put in a cheeky offer of £500k for Boyle (which allegedly allows us to talk to him). Unlikely he’d come here but if you don’t ask.

Losing Ferguson won’t be the end of the world. 

Absolute pish. So all a club has to do is offer peanuts and the selling price automatically drops?

The club quite rightly described £1.2 million as an insult. No danger getting to £2.5 million will “be difficult”. If it is he doesn’t leave 

1 hour ago, super_al said:

I was lurking on a Watford forum to see what they made of their interest in Ferguson, very interesting......

Firstly they are apparently broke, so unlikely to meet our 3 to 4 million valuation. Secondly one poster claims to know of a few scouts....Ferguson's agent offered him to Norwich and was promptly told they were not interested. 

Im sure the £150 million in TV and price money they’re in line for will fill a hole.

Club should refuse to deal with that hun snake of an agent going forward