29 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Probably a bit too good. He'd hinder Ramsay's progress as we'd need to pay a serious wedge to St J to tempt them to part with him (and would he come anyway? St J win stuff...)

But if he did, we would have to play him having paid out for his signature.

I think we only need an out of contract, cheap as chips  "steady Eddie" to fill in for 15-20 games max this coming season to rest Ramsay regularly. The following season Ramsay won't need the rests and so he becomes Ramsay's absolute understudy.

Cheap as chips....step forward Gurr.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

Well Jackson Irvine didn’t enhance his standing with that performance today 

Looked pretty awful today. We should've signed this guy when he was at Ross County. He was superb back then. 

Now I look at him and I'm not as enamoured by him. He's ageing and seems to have a bit of a heavy touch. I think it'd be a bit of a lazy signing. 

1 minute ago, Sheeptastic said:

Looked pretty awful today. We should've signed this guy when he was at Ross County. He was superb back then. 

Now I look at him and I'm not as enamoured by him. He's ageing and seems to have a bit of a heavy touch. I think it'd be a bit of a lazy signing. 

28... ageing? 

5 hours ago, Dons79 said:

So that’s rooney now won the 2 cups for st Johnstone. We need a right back?. He’s been about the best all season (apart from the hun?), surely would be a good signing?.

Think you are suffering from slight delusions of grandeur. Thoughts of a player from St Johnstone demanding a move to Aberdeen are long gone. If Aberdeen can offer a particular wage then so can some pish from down south. I don't mean to sound offensive but Perth folk would generally be reluctant to  relocating to Aberdeen, Perth is small, and rather shite, but moving to Aberdeen wouldn't stimulate the likes of  Kerr, Gordon, Rooney enough to agitate for a move north. 

• Dildo 1
5 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

Think you are suffering from slight delusions of grandeur. Thoughts of a player from St Johnstone demanding a move to Aberdeen are long gone. If Aberdeen can offer a particular wage then so can some pish from down south. I don't mean to sound offensive but Perth folk would generally be reluctant to  relocating to Aberdeen, Perth is small, and rather shite, but moving to Aberdeen wouldn't stimulate the likes of  Kerr, Gordon, Rooney enough to agitate for a move north. 

Shut up you prick.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Shaun Rooneys had a fine season but am 90% sure we’d all regret the signing after a couple of weeks. No sure he’s actually that good. 
footballers will move anywhere for ££ and Aberdeen have regularly got players in around the international set ups last 8 years - pretty sure St Johnstone players would easily move. Even more so when their double winning squad is inevitable picked apart. 

1 hour ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Shaun Rooneys had a fine season but am 90% sure we’d all regret the signing after a couple of weeks. No sure he’s actually that good. 
footballers will move anywhere for ££ and Aberdeen have regularly got players in around the international set ups last 8 years - pretty sure St Johnstone players would easily move. Even more so when their double winning squad is inevitable picked apart. 

There’s a pressure and a concomitant expectation involved in playing for Aberdeen (fuck, one look at this website tells you that) some players can handle it no problem, others fold.

Rooney and McCart go from ICT to Perth, could they handle another step up to come here?

Had to laugh at comments attributed to Jamie McGrath yesterday - “I’m perfectly happy in Paisley” aye okay, so trebleing your wages and playing in Europe regularly wouldn’t interest you? Players are all mercenaries at the end of the day,    they go where the money is and why wouldn’t they? 

4 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Wonder if we will see any incomings this week.  Martin Boyles name seems to be doing the rounds.. the mainstand poster did say there was a few things bubbling away and a big 10 days ahead.  Mind you he may have been referring to the restructuring of the club.   

I'm not sure what I'd make of Boyle signing for Aberdeen. He's done well this season but 500k on a 28 year old who appears to be inconsistent. I would agree he's an improvement on what we currently have but Marley Watkins (left winger) on a free would be more appealing to me. Or Marvin Johnson if we could get him.

29 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

I'm not sure what I'd make of Boyle signing for Aberdeen. He's done well this season but 500k on a 28 year old who appears to be inconsistent. I would agree he's an improvement on what we currently have but Marley Watkins (left winger) on a free would be more appealing to me. Or Marvin Johnson if we could get him.

We'd get 3 good years out of him. And would give us something we badly lack in genuine blistering pace. Inconsistency I could live with to an extent but took a look on dotnet earlier and a lot of their support are saying that he has a big old attitude problem and doesn't seem to be trying worth a damn in many situations. And that I can't live with if true. 

£500k transfer fee will surely tempt an English club in the Championship to take a punt though.It's relative peanuts for them whereas for us it's a massive fee.

3 hours ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Was Rooney not being kept out of the team by the boy on loan from millwall, until he was recalled!? Lolz

10 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

We'd get 3 good years out of him. And would give us something we badly lack in genuine blistering pace. Inconsistency I could live with to an extent but took a look on dotnet earlier and a lot of their support are saying that he has a big old attitude problem and doesn't seem to be trying worth a damn in many situations. And that I can't live with if true. 

£500k transfer fee will surely tempt an English club in the Championship to take a punt though.It's relative peanuts for them whereas for us it's a massive fee.

I’m not sure about him either. Never overlay impressed me technically. Yes he’s better than we have but that isn’t hard. I make him 1 of our highest earners? Not so sure. If he does sign it won’t be a bad signing I’m not not convinced it would be value for money. 

8 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Was Rooney not being kept out of the team by the boy on loan from millwall, until he was recalled!? Lolz

Aye McNamara, done pretty well but when rooney came in, he ran the line pretty well, crossing was decent, a threat in the air, good at getting on the end of decent setpieces, tall, quick, powerful and has some stamina on him as all he does is run up that wing and back, all game. He has been very good this last 6 months

Boyle would be a lot of money but would look worth the risk (vs signing someone from england/abroad) in terms of liklihood to hit the ground running.

15 goals and 10+ assists this season.

Probably a couple seasons too late in ideal world but in the situation we find ourselves in we should go for it

2 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Aye McNamara, done pretty well but when rooney came in, he ran the line pretty well, crossing was decent, a threat in the air, good at getting on the end of decent setpieces, tall, quick, powerful and has some stamina on him as all he does is run up that wing and back, all game. He has been very good this last 6 months

I think we should be going for McNamara in that case. Rooney has only really played 4 months this season, so a no from me

Personally I think the saints result shows Dels biggest failings, he couldn’t build a squad to win trophies. Within a squad you have players that are no messi’s etc and just perform to their best because they believe. Del filled our squad with crocks and players with no determination to succeed, he constantly played players out of position and failed to get players in to fill obvious voids in the squad. SG must do better at building a squad capable of winning trophies. Not by just 1 or 2 marquee signings( tho we need that at the moment) but a squad of 18 or so who give it their all, play in the style we want and deserve 

Would love to get Rooney personally. He's a workhorse and I reckon there's an even better player to come out him.

With Boyle and Rooney the right side would be magic, with pace up and down. And with a player like Rooney behind him, Boyle can stay up front, not the same need to work back as ye have a natural right back that'll do it. Would love to get them both but don't see either. 

4 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Personally I think the saints result shows Dels biggest failings, he couldn’t build a squad to win trophies. Within a squad you have players that are no messi’s etc and just perform to their best because they believe. Del filled our squad with crocks and players with no determination to succeed, he constantly played players out of position and failed to get players in to fill obvious voids in the squad. SG must do better at building a squad capable of winning trophies. Not by just 1 or 2 marquee signings( tho we need that at the moment) but a squad of 18 or so who give it their all, play in the style we want and deserve 

So Ferguson’s team in the 80s then?.?

Boyle would be a good signing, blistering pace and will get goals if used correctly. I saw him doing a lot of defensive work Yesterday but if he could be relieved of that responsibility and used purely in the final third he is exactly what we are lacking. Boyle, Hedges and a goal scorer would be a great top 3. His attitude is fine as far as I can see, a Northfield loon and a Dons fan so attitude will not be a problem