3 hours ago, perthshirered said:

A number of reasons, not least because folk use words consisting entirely of capital letters in the middle of a sentence. Secondly, a city that a raging lunatic like thon Rocket hoor calls home clearly isn't without issue. Thirdly, I just dont think people who aren't from there would see it as somewhere they would particularly want to live. 

Now, back on topic. 

So why would someone not from there pick somewhere else they’re not from?

you speak some shite for pointless justification 

19 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

No he didn't have a great game. 

But Ross pulled a McInnes and played him out of position on the left. 

He's a good player and shouldn't be judged solely on that one game. 

Awww ok “ brilliant signing “ , followed by my reply didn’t exactly shine 

I thought someone would have “ seen it” 

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

McGrath for Kennedy you talking about?

Not really.

McGrath is a “10” or maybe an 8.

Kennedy is a wide player.

I seem to remember Goodwin tried to sign Kennedy on a pre-contract the same January we actually stepped in and paid a fee.

it doesn't have to be like for like

13 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I wonder if Griffiths was who Dave Cormack was eluding to in the update last week when he referred to “players we keep having to go back to” & only wanting ”players that really want to be here” 

That was my thinking. I reckon (hardly rocket science) that he's holding on to see if Hibs make him an offer. If they did, I think he'd take it even if it was on terms considerably poorer than we offer. 

4 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

My guess would be that he was looking for £15k+ a week so it was a very short conversation. If it even got as far a a conversation. 

And you think that he might get that at a club other than Celtic? 

With Griffiths' history, attitude and lack of physical fitness, he'll be lucky to get a club anywhere. And if someone does want him, it'll be for about half that figure at an absolute maximum, probably more likely a third of it

11 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’ve always felt he’d go to Hibs to pacify their fans when Nisbet is sold. 

Bit baffled by Hibs who aren’t a million miles away from our level of finances. We have had multi million pound sales and generous contributions from our directors to get ourselves out the woods yet they havnt had any players sales and post a 1m loss? We literally had to fill a 10m hole. How the hell have they only lost 1m or are they using the inflation of Nisbet and Doig’s value to cover there arses? 

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

So why would someone not from there pick somewhere else they’re not from?

you speak some shite for pointless justification 

I speak shite? Yeah sometimes, I lack the consistency of others through. Excuse my grasp of English, but reading your post basically what you are asking is why would someone choose to live in one place rather than another, is that correct? 

Why might someone go on holiday to Portugal rather than Spain? Eat veg rather than meat? 

3 minutes ago, slippers said:

Bit baffled by Hibs who aren’t a million miles away from our level of finances. We have had multi million pound sales and generous contributions from our directors to get ourselves out the woods yet they havnt had any players sales and post a 1m loss? We literally had to fill a 10m hole. How the hell have they only lost 1m? 

They posted over a 1 million lost last year up to June. I agree with you they are in big trouble unless they sell players.

16 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

I speak shite? Yeah sometimes, I lack the consistency of others through. Excuse my grasp of English, but reading your post basically what you are asking is why would someone choose to live in one place rather than another, is that correct? 

Why might someone go on holiday to Portugal rather than Spain? Eat veg rather than meat? 

You still cannot justify your statement that anyone would choose anywhere else to go play/live on similar terms than that of Aberdeen. That was your statement but you cannot justify it. 

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I wonder if Griffiths was who Dave Cormack was eluding to in the update last week when he referred to “players we keep having to go back to” & only wanting ”players that really want to be here” 

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

That was my thinking. I reckon (hardly rocket science) that he's holding on to see if Hibs make him an offer. If they did, I think he'd take it even if it was on terms considerably poorer than we offer. 

I don't think there was ever a real thought that he would ever be likely to come up here. I would suggest that the comments are actually aimed at Clark Robertson and his agent. He came up more than a couple of weeks ago now for talks. His agent put out the story we were interested, they then hinted at interest from other clubs up here like the Edinburgh pair,, then it was Portsmouth at the weekend, and now its Hapoel Jerusalem from  Israeli who he is reported to have held talks with.

instead of being honoured and feeling extremely lucky to get offered a 2nd chance with us. he still hasn't accepted our offer and he is obviously just trying to get higher wages offered and is using the press to paint the picture of all these offers coming in for him.

Good luck with living in Israel at the moment Clark, hope that move goes well for you.

7 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

You still cannot justify your statement that anyone would choose anywhere else to go play/live on similar terms than that of Aberdeen. That was your statement but you cannot justify it. 

Im "anyone" and I could certainly justify my decision if that helps.  

• Dildo 1
9 hours ago, super_al said:

They posted over a 1 million lost last year up to June. I agree with you they are in big trouble unless they sell players.

Think Ross has already said he expected Nisbet, Boyle and Doig to be sold. For me they're buggered as they will have to sell their bigger assets to cover their losses. 

Despite us posting a £1 mill loss we did well in getting the £5.5 ish mill for McKenna and Cosgrove when we did.

Can see plenty of other clubs in the league have to sell their bigger assets to cope financially 

6 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

Would the sale of Ferguson allow us to sign Allan Campbell, McGrath and Boyle.

Kennedy and Ojo are most likely away freeing up more wages.

I wonder whose the 1st/2nd choice striker we are after?

That would be a no brainer for me if the finances work out.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

Would the sale of Ferguson allow us to sign Allan Campbell, McGrath and Boyle.

Kennedy and Ojo are most likely away freeing up more wages.

I wonder whose the 1st/2nd choice striker we are after?

I'll believe that Kennedy and Ojo are leaving when it actually happens. I certainly don't see them leaving without us covering a portion of their wages (Ojo might accept us freeing him if we bung him a lump sum), in Kennedy's case likely about 50% and for 2 full years (if they are suckered into accepting him as part payment for McGrath I still don't see St Mirren wavering from this as Kennedy will be on a far higher wage than McGrath and any benefit they got from receiving maybe £300k for him would at least in part be reduced by Kennedy's bigger wage)

I certainly don't think Glass will be given much more than 25% to 30% of any fee received for Ferguson. That might be enough to buy McGrath and one of the other 2 who will cost £500k each but certainly not all 3. And the wages that Campbell would ask (to prevent him going to an English club) plus Boyle (as a senior pro older than Ferguson and who got a bumper new contract only a year back) I would imagine are a fair bit higher than what Ferguson is currently on.

I'd love to see all join but really can't see it happening

• Dildo 1
7 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I'll believe that Kennedy and Ojo are leaving when it actually happens. I certainly don't see them leaving without us covering a portion of their wages (Ojo might accept us freeing him if we bung him a lump sum), in Kennedy's case likely about 50% and for 2 full years. 

I certainly don't think Glass will be given much more than 25% to 30% of any fee received for Ferguson. That might be enough to buy McGrath and one of the other 2 who will cost £500k each but certainly not all 3. And the wages that Campbell would ask (to prevent him going to an English club) plus Boyle (as a senior pro older than Ferguson and who got a bumper new contract only a year back) I would imagine are a fair bit higher than what Ferguson is currently on.

If Ferguson were to be sold for 4 million, we'd have made about 10 million from the sale of players in the last 8 months. We've sold all our assets to remain debt free and Cormack realizes Glass needs to be backed. I can honestly see Cormack sanctioning the signing of Campbell, McGrath and Boyle if they want to join. We certainly have serious interest in McGrath and Campbell.

Gurr will likely sign (possibly at the end of the MLS season) and will cost nothing allowing us to put wages towards other signings like Irvine and Clark Robertson. Mackenzie, Campbell, Ramsay, Ross and Virtanen won't be on very much either.

Ojo has done very well at Wigan and we might just accept a nominal fee or a free transfer just to get him off our wages. As for Kennedy they'll be plenty sides interested in taking him if he's available. He'd be a good signing for any side in the bottom six and possibly even St Johnstone or Livingston.

I'm curious about who this striker is that we are after (hopefully not Hendry) and I'm excited to learn who we bring in as our head our Recruitment.

27 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I'll believe that Kennedy and Ojo are leaving when it actually happens. I certainly don't see them leaving without us covering a portion of their wages (Ojo might accept us freeing him if we bung him a lump sum), in Kennedy's case likely about 50% and for 2 full years (if they are suckered into accepting him as part payment for McGrath I still don't see St Mirren wavering from this as Kennedy will be on a far higher wage than McGrath and any benefit they got from receiving maybe £300k for him would at least in part be reduced by Kennedy's bigger wage)

You never think any of our out of favour contracted players will move on TC but the reality is that we've regularly been able to move players on when they are no longer needed. 

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

We don’t have any debt though and sold all our assets so we have to invest a good portion back into squad. If we do sell Ferguson for say 4m I’d expect large portion to be reinvested. We have to get 2/3 good prospects in and add value to the squad as we need to be selling a player for 3m+ every season to keep the progression  going. Like what Brentford have been doing for a number of years now. If the team progresses so does the value of the squad. 

Really surprised at Campbell not having a club yet and that’s what does make me wonder if we can pull it off. I just hope we remember to sign other positions as we are already have a lot of options at CM.