50 minutes ago, DaveTheDon said:

Jack Gurr has been waived by Atlanta. Whatever the fuck that means. 

Its American talk for Freeing a player from his contract but still paying his wages until he is out of contract. It means they can fill his roster spot and he can go play elsewhere

28 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Its American talk for Freeing a player from his contract but still paying his wages until he is out of contract. It means they can fill his roster spot and he can go play elsewhere

Really? Every day is a school day

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Stranger things have happened. 

But considering Ronnie didn't look great and he's had more international caps than this guy has had senior matches by his mid twenties it's a bit of a long shot 

Given the choice Griffiths would be less of a risk imo. Even a unfit Griffiths gets you 10-15 goals a season. Not sure what to expect with this guy but his stats don’t inspire if he’s no1 pick! 

• Dildo 1
Just now, slippers said:

Given the choice Griffiths would be less of a risk imo. Even a unfit Griffiths gets you 10-15 goals a season. Not sure what to expect with this guy but his stats don’t inspire if he’s no1 pick! 

Sorry min, I was talking about Gurr the right back rather than Ramirez 

9 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Stranger things have happened. 

But considering Ronnie didn't look great and he's had more international caps than this guy has had senior matches by his mid twenties it's a bit of a long shot 

If the boys coming in as cheap back up to Ramsay fair enough. Not impressed if he’s coming in as first choice right back

Glass obviously likes the guy as he had him at Atlanta 2 and promoted him to the first team when he was interim manager so we'll see what happens.

I'm still remaining hopeful but this all looks like standard English football manager gets job in spfl, totally underestimates the standard up here and fills the team with players from england lower league.

I hope he stops at 2 signings from America but I think he'll keep going

1 hour ago, NEM said:

If the boys coming in as cheap back up to Ramsay fair enough. Not impressed if he’s coming in as first choice right back

Gurr will be on the release list this time next year.

Bizarre signing Atlanta’s 4th choice who’s been released thinking he’ll be good enough. 

Hopefully young Ramsay kicks on. He looks potentially good, but not sure he’s ready to play first team football every week? 

13 hours ago, DaveTheDon said:

Jack Gurr has been waived by Atlanta. Whatever the fuck that means. 

Atlanta United today announced it has waived defender Jack Gurr.

“We want to thank Jack for his time and service to the club over the last two years,” Atlanta United Vice President and Technical Director Carlos Bocanegra said. “We wish him the best of luck in his future.”

Gurr originally signed with ATL UTD 2 on Dec. 5, 2019. He started 15 games that year at the USL Championship, scoring one goal and adding three assists. He made his First Team debut on Dec. 16, 2020, coming on in the 76th minute in Atlanta’s 1-0 win over Club America after signing a Short-Term Agreement the day prior. Gurr then signed a semi-guaranteed contract with the First Team on April 5, 2021 and made one appearance, playing 45 minutes against Chicago Fire SC on April 24.

Per MLS rules, a club may place a player on Waivers at any time during the regular season at which point he is made available to all other MLS clubs. The Waiver Claiming Period shall commence on the first business day after the League delivers notice to clubs and expires at 5 p.m. ET on the second business day. If a player is not selected off Waivers (“clears Waivers”) then that player is available to all MLS clubs on a first-come, first-served basis. More information on waivers can be found here.

TRANSACTION: Atlanta United waives Jack Gurr on May 28, 2021.

11 minutes ago, Zeus said:

I get the feeling your not very enthusiastic about next season min? 

Not at all. 
I’m just not very enthusiastic about signing players like Gurr. 
Makes zero sense that we think he’ll be good enough. 

I’ll wait & see how we shape up come the first game 

A good few signings needed. Hopefully some younger, quicker players come in. We’re a slow team & need pace. 

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 2
3 hours ago, Zeus said:

I get the feeling your not very enthusiastic about next season min? 

Are you? 

I think we will win more than we lose still as the rest aren't very good but I think we will be closer to the dross than we previously have been. The main thing, though, is that the tumour has been removed and we will be easier on the eye and we will improve bit by bit. 

42 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

Are you? 

I think we will win more than we lose still as the rest aren't very good but I think we will be closer to the dross than we previously have been. The main thing, though, is that the tumour has been removed and we will be easier on the eye and we will improve bit by bit. 

Yes. 

Mcinnes ball was done 

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

It makes no sense if he is total horse-shit. Free or not

Debatable. If it settles it that we are going with Gurr, Virtanen, Ramsey and McCrorie as the RB options then its saved us a lot compared to signing SOD for example.

4 right backs would be overkill, as well as a waste of a wage. 

If Gurr is coming in, we'll surely look to offload Virtanen. (We could look to loan Ramsay out to a decent Championship club but I'd maintain his development would be best served playing 20 odd first team games for us next season with a view to having him ready to be absolute first choice in 22/23 season)