14 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Did Curtis Main ever turn us inside out? 

All I remember is Arneson, Ball & Nwakali shiting their pants all by themselves 

See I did applaud his signing.  Having watched Mcginn and May's attempt at a press in the few years previous, particularly after Rooney left "his type" was exactly what we needed.  Unfortunately we based our entire purchasing decision matching player to type required on one game, ironically against us. 

As things stand, I'd be playing McCrorie in central defence next season alongside Gallagher. It's a position he has played before, and his pace is much needed there (whether it's alongside Gallagher, or Considine). Devlin, for me, is a waste of time - injured for the last 2 years and even the brief period when he was fit again he was a complete bombscare that I wanted nowhere near the team.

I've got a hunch that we might be trying to get one of the St Johnstone back three, with Kennedy thrown into the deal. If Gallagher is here as the main RCB I would suspect it could be Jamie McCart who is left footed. 

• Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

As things stand, I'd be playing McCrorie in central defence next season alongside Gallagher. It's a position he has played before, and his pace is much needed there (whether it's alongside Gallagher, or Considine). Devlin, for me, is a waste of time - injured for the last 2 years and even the brief period when he was fit again he was a complete bombscare that I wanted nowhere near the team.

I've got a hunch that we might be trying to get one of the St Johnstone back three, with Kennedy thrown into the deal. If Gallagher is here as the main RCB I would suspect it could be Jamie McCart who is left footed. 

Bloomin hope so , Jason Kerr please 

23 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

I suspect McCrorie will be playing defence too. With Ojo returning we are stacked in the middle. I'd suspect some movement out in this position also. 

I disagree with Devlin, i do think he can be a great player if he stays fit... Sadly that is a big IF going by his current record. On a 6 month deal- thats worth the punt imo. 

1 hour ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

If that's your approach to signings I assume you were delighted when we signed Curtis Main?

Main never turned us inside out. He was gifted a goal by Arnason, great finish btw, and the other was when ball stood with his hand up, letting the guy past him to slot it to Main who had the easiest finish in the world. 

the other goal that night was fucking shite too. Motherwell were gifted all three goals that night, but that's not really the point here! i'm still fuming about that game.though! 

17 minutes ago, DonsManDan said:

I suspect McCrorie will be playing defence too. With Ojo returning we are stacked in the middle. I'd suspect some movement out in this position also. 

I disagree with Devlin, i do think he can be a great player if he stays fit... Sadly that is a big IF going by his current record. On a 6 month deal- thats worth the punt imo. 

Ojo will probably never play for us again I can see a agreed mutual departure 

9 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Remember when we signed Hernandez and Dave said we'd also been trying to get a forward at the same time through the Atlanta scouting connections but couldn't get it over the line? 

Was it Ramirez? 

Attacking midfielder was it not?

17 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Remember when we signed Hernandez and Dave said we'd also been trying to get a forward at the same time through the Atlanta scouting connections but couldn't get it over the line? 

Was it Ramirez? 

7 minutes ago, NEM said:

Attacking midfielder was it not?

Just checked- Attacking Creative Player was the phrase he used. Needless to say,  the mystery player hasn't materialised in subsequent windows either! 

Doubt that would have been Ramirez. 

16 minutes ago, DonsManDan said:

Just checked- Attacking Creative Player was the phrase he used. Needless to say,  the mystery player hasn't materialised in subsequent windows either! 

Doubt that would have been Ramirez. 

Then Covid happened. Probably prevented us from getting in a few targets that we wanted/needed in. 

1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

Both sevco and Portsmouth (on loan) signed McCrorie to play centre half and both of them found out pdq he wasn't up to the job. Hence sevco "converted" him into a defensive midfielder. Portsmouth eventually ended up playing him at right back but only because they suffered a ridiculous number of injuries that season, otherwise he would have spent most of it on their bench.

36 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Both sevco and Portsmouth (on loan) signed McCrorie to play centre half and both of them found out pdq he wasn't up to the job. Hence sevco "converted" him into a defensive midfielder. Portsmouth eventually ended up playing him at right back but only because they suffered a ridiculous number of injuries that season, otherwise he would have spent most of it on their bench.

I'm not convinced on him as a defender and as we are overloaded with centre mids and several with zero/negative value (Brown, Campbell, McGeouch, Ojo, Virtanen, Barron) then if he does have a value, and especially if we can double our money over 1 year then i'd say we cash in on him this summer.

I think it would be better use of the overall budget (assuming money 100% reinvested in squad) than paying off Ojo or McGeouch.

41 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

TC I knew that was coming when I saw the. Initial post 

24 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I'm not convinced on him as a defender and as we are overloaded with centre mids and several with zero/negative value (Brown, Campbell, McGeouch, Ojo, Virtanen, Barron) then if he does have a value, and especially if we can double our money over 1 year then i'd say we cash in on him this summer.

I think it would be better use of the overall budget (assuming money 100% reinvested in squad) than paying off Ojo or McGeouch.

He won't be sold.... Even if he was, £600k for him? Doubt it! Got to be at Least £1-2m for him now. How the huns sold him to us so cheap i'll never know! 

I would think there would be lower english clubs that would take on Ojos contract without us paying out anything for him. 

51 minutes ago, DonsManDan said:

He won't be sold.... Even if he was, £600k for him? Doubt it! Got to be at Least £1-2m for him now. How the huns sold him to us so cheap i'll never know! 

I would think there would be lower english clubs that would take on Ojos contract without us paying out anything for him. 

Who is going to pay £2m for McCrorie at the moment? 

Just now, DonsManDan said:

Well what’s the point in Cormack strategy if we let him go for less? No point. Hold onto him for a few more years then cash in 

Some players just don't reach that value. 

He might, he might not. He needs to nail down a first team place first. 

At this point there is no chance we'd get offered £2m for him, that's just fantasy stuff 

14 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

A lot of talking on here last few days, but when are we actually gonna sign somebody? Checking my Twitter every hour man!! 

Set up notifications, that'll save you from having to do that and I suggest having the notifications on for tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1