Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Let’s give the lad a chance (Gurr). I know not all if any signings will please some folk but it’s Glass’ first transfer window so give him and the new management team the opportunity to change things. 
If we don’t win the league then by all means get fired into them! 

• Dildo 1
4 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Let’s give the lad a chance (Gurr). I know not all if any signings will please some folk but it’s Glass’ first transfer window so give him and the new management team the opportunity to change things. 
If we don’t win the league then by all means get fired into them! 

I'm fine with the first three signings and can see the thinking behind each of them. 

This one seems completely pointless though on every level. 

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I'm fine with the first three signings and can see the thinking behind each of them. 

I disagree, if he and Ramsay share the amount of games 40/60 it will allow Ramsay to develop 

that’s what I think is the reasoning 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

I disagree, if he and Ramsay share the amount of games 40/60 it will allow Ramsay to develop 

that’s what I think is the reasoning 

Would you not be better using McCrorie for that job? 

Instead of a 25 year old that hasn't played a full 90 minutes of senior football. 

It's not impossible that he turns out to be decent but let's face it, the odds are pretty long. 

6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Instead of a 25 year old that hasn't played a full 90 minutes of senior football. 

It's not impossible that he turns out to be decent but let's face it, the odds are pretty long. 

Agree.

Between Ramsay, McCrorie & even Virtanen we have enough at RB.

Use the budget elsewhere. 

32 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I'm resigned to this lad coming in. 

Hopefully our young right back keeps him out of the team and he's only needed as emergency cover. 

Personally I think its a very smart signing. He'll be a free player that won't impede on Ramsay's development. He knows Glass and his system. He's just an interim signing until Ramsay has gained a little more experience and can solidify the RB position. Two years from now Ramsay could be a very good player that we can sell on. There's no point in signing a SOD type player when Hernandez will be returning in January. 

Ramsay and Gurr combined are going to be on peanuts allowing us to invest elsewhere.

• Upvote 4
4 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

Personally I think its a very smart signing. He'll be a free player that won't impede on Ramsay's development. He knows Glass and his system. He's just an interim signing until Ramsay has gained a little more experience and can solidify the RB position. Two years from now Ramsay could be a very good player that we can sell on. There's no point in signing a SOD type player when Hernandez will be returning in January. 

Ramsay and Gurr combined are going to be on peanuts allowing us to invest elsewhere.

Aye that's OK if he's decent. Which we don't know as I doubt any of us have seen him play. 

But if he's hopeless then it's a waste of everyone's time as he won't be able to cut it when he does get games. 

Let's wait and see if he's any use before we go all in declaring it as a 'very smart signing' 

Why not use McCrorie at right back in some games? 

12 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Fair point but mcrorie could be utilised in midfield or CB , he might even get transferred 

therefore I understand the extra coverage option if he is signed 

good to have different reasoned opinions 

rather than abuse that can be thrown about by some posters 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

Fair point but mcrorie could be utilised in midfield or CB , he might even get transferred 

therefore I understand the extra coverage option if he is signed 

good to have different reasoned opinions 

rather than abuse that can be thrown about by some posters 

We'll find out soon enough. 

But my hopes aren't set very high on this one. 

I'm expecting a player inferior to Jon Gallagher.  

35 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It’s obvious that Glass rates this lad and Gurr will know how Glass likes to operate. He can probably be a player who can play at the tempo Glass wants us to achieve next season. 

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We'll find out soon enough. 

But my hopes aren't set very high on this one. 

I'm expecting a player inferior to Jon Gallagher.  

Please no 

I admit to being impressed with him in the European game , how wrong I was as his football intelligence was shown to be poor 

he had pace , reasonable skill , stamina, but that was it ,running into ineffective zones not linking up with his peers 

we didn’t seem able to coach improvement into him , however nor has other teams 

6 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

It’s obvious that Glass rates this lad and Gurr will know how Glass likes to operate. He can probably be a player who can play at the tempo Glass wants us to achieve next season. 

How would Glass know that when he’s only played about 12 minutes of first team football at the age of 25? 
18 games at Atlanta B doesn’t count. That’s lower league Scottish standards by all accounts. 

7 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

It's obvious that Glass rates any player he brings in.  Otherwise why bother? 

I'm saying nothing else til I've seen the boy play. 

28 minutes ago, minijc said:

No I never,

When the gee man said he was … if no signing by 6pm you said “hud tight” connoting activity that day. Tbf an no looking for an argument. 

Tell us what we can expect without names as I know you won’t and I’ll give you credit if it happens tomorrow ?

14 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

And the fact he is an actual right back ?

a refreshing change from “ he can do a job in that position “ 

in reply to red John post 

Exactly. Folk have to remember this isn’t a Derek McInnes led Aberdeen. We aim to be a team that plays at a high tempo and are very attacking. 
I suggest a few my get their hands on an oxygen mask....it might be too much for you to handle.

• Dildo 2

I'd just like us to sign ANYONE with pace!

Hedges and Hayes. Is that it?! McCrorie I'll give has a bit. 

If it's a pressing game where are all the runners? 

I'm concerned Glass ain't gonna get the folk in he actually needs to play the expansive, pressing fitba he's glorifying. None of the signings match up to the chat. He has a plan for the guys so far...so hope to bugger we see some folk that can run. 

There's a way to go till we kick off, so here's hoping the situation changes. 

This fella Gurr is purely backup surely to shit. 

Would take Kerr over McCart any day. McCart another solid defender with nae pace.