7 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

It’s obvious that Glass rates this lad and Gurr will know how Glass likes to operate. He can probably be a player who can play at the tempo Glass wants us to achieve next season. 

It's obvious that Glass rates any player he brings in.  Otherwise why bother? 

I'm saying nothing else til I've seen the boy play. 

28 minutes ago, minijc said:

No I never,

When the gee man said he was … if no signing by 6pm you said “hud tight” connoting activity that day. Tbf an no looking for an argument. 

Tell us what we can expect without names as I know you won’t and I’ll give you credit if it happens tomorrow ?

14 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

And the fact he is an actual right back ?

a refreshing change from “ he can do a job in that position “ 

in reply to red John post 

Exactly. Folk have to remember this isn’t a Derek McInnes led Aberdeen. We aim to be a team that plays at a high tempo and are very attacking. 
I suggest a few my get their hands on an oxygen mask....it might be too much for you to handle.

• Dildo 2

I'd just like us to sign ANYONE with pace!

Hedges and Hayes. Is that it?! McCrorie I'll give has a bit. 

If it's a pressing game where are all the runners? 

I'm concerned Glass ain't gonna get the folk in he actually needs to play the expansive, pressing fitba he's glorifying. None of the signings match up to the chat. He has a plan for the guys so far...so hope to bugger we see some folk that can run. 

There's a way to go till we kick off, so here's hoping the situation changes. 

This fella Gurr is purely backup surely to shit. 

Would take Kerr over McCart any day. McCart another solid defender with nae pace. 

10 minutes ago, thegodfuzzy said:

I'd just like us to sign ANYONE with pace!

Hedges and Hayes. Is that it?! McCrorie I'll give has a bit. 

If it's a pressing game where are all the runners? 

I'm concerned Glass ain't gonna get the folk in he actually needs to play the expansive, pressing fitba he's glorifying. None of the signings match up to the chat. He has a plan for the guys so far...so hope to bugger we see some folk that can run. 

There's a way to go till we kick off, so here's hoping the situation changes. 

This fella Gurr is purely backup surely to shit. 

Would take Kerr over McCart any day. McCart another solid defender with nae pace. 

We could do with one very fast centre back if we plan to regularly go man for man at the back. I'm not holding my breath. We looked very ropey with Hoban and Considine

• Like 1
11 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Some players just don't reach that value. 

He might, he might not. He needs to nail down a first team place first. 

At this point there is no chance we'd get offered £2m for him, that's just fantasy stuff 

I never said right now, I said we shouldn’t let him go for anything less than £1-£2m. I think he will go for that easily.

but in terms of a 1st team place, I’m pretty sure he had that nailed down! 

9 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye that's OK if he's decent. Which we don't know as I doubt any of us have seen him play. 

But if he's hopeless then it's a waste of everyone's time as he won't be able to cut it when he does get games. 

Let's wait and see if he's any use before we go all in declaring it as a 'very smart signing' 

Why not use McCrorie at right back in some games? 

Cause he’s shite at right back. In fact barring his first half a dozen games or so he’s been shite wherever he’s played.

If we get offered money for him we should be biting the clubs hand off 

• Upvote 1
27 minutes ago, NEM said:

Cause he’s shite at right back. In fact barring his first half a dozen games or so he’s been shite wherever he’s played.

If we get offered money for him we should be biting the clubs hand off 

Yep. He turned into the player that I always considered him to be. 

I've already said on the previous page. If he has a value then cash in on it to reinvest in the squad elsewhere. We have a 100 midfielders and they mostly have nil/negative value.

In reality they are all much of a muchness (other than Ferguson). 

I don't particularly understand the love in's or hate in's for Campbell/McGeouch, The hate in's for Ojo.

They are all much of a muchness in my opinion and obviously Brown is number 1 pick now.

10 hours ago, Tord31 said:

We could do with one very fast centre back if we plan to regularly go man for man at the back. I'm not holding my breath. We looked very ropey with Hoban and Considine

If the United cup match was a look into the future with a defensive high line then we need some pace back there for sure, not sure Gallagher has that much pace? Speedy full backs a must.

39 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I've already said on the previous page. If he has a value then cash in on it to reinvest in the squad elsewhere. We have a 100 midfielders and they mostly have nil/negative value.

In reality they are all much of a muchness (other than Ferguson). 

I don't particularly understand the love in's or hate in's for Campbell/McGeouch, The hate in's for Ojo.

They are all much of a muchness in my opinion and obviously Brown is number 1 pick now.

Yeah, Campbell, McGeouch and Ojo all perform the same role and have a relatively similar skillset. None of them are ever going to score or create goals, and none of them are particularly great ball winners - their main role is to keep possession (usually by passing it sideways). If we had to ditch one it would be Ojo. If we had to ditch another I'd lose McGeouch as well. Campbell at least is younger and may improve with Brown teaching him the ropes. 

I don't think any of them are going to get much game time this season though. Brown is first pick, and you'd expect the other central midfielders will need to be more attack minded, or at least box to box types - which is more like McCrorie and Ferguson. I'm not sure how I feel about a midfield three of Brown, Ferguson and McCrorie... but I suspect Ferguson might well be gone by the start of the season anyway. 

So much still up in the air. Midfield isn't the key area we need to sign players, but I do think we need a more creative midfielder (like McGrath perhaps) if we're going to play the exciting, attacking football Glass has promised.

10 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Yeah, Campbell, McGeouch and Ojo all perform the same role and have a relatively similar skillset. None of them are ever going to score or create goals, and none of them are particularly great ball winners - their main role is to keep possession (usually by passing it sideways). If we had to ditch one it would be Ojo. If we had to ditch another I'd lose McGeouch as well. Campbell at least is younger and may improve with Brown teaching him the ropes. 

I don't think any of them are going to get much game time this season though. Brown is first pick, and you'd expect the other central midfielders will need to be more attack minded, or at least box to box types - which is more like McCrorie and Ferguson. I'm not sure how I feel about a midfield three of Brown, Ferguson and McCrorie... but I suspect Ferguson might well be gone by the start of the season anyway. 

So much still up in the air. Midfield isn't the key area we need to sign players, but I do think we need a more creative midfielder (like McGrath perhaps) if we're going to play the exciting, attacking football Glass has promised.

McCrorie is the most defensive of them all 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

McCrorie might have a role to play as a box to box midfielder same as Shinnie used to do. 

It really depends how Glass sets up his midfield though as to whether he's going to fit the shape or not. 

Problem being is Shinnie could control and use the football well, this is a weakness of McCrorie. I would assume as we are looking at Irvine and Mcgrath and have kept Mcginn the current management don't see this role for McCrorie

4 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Problem being is Shinnie could control and use the football well, this is a weakness of McCrorie. I would assume as we are looking at Irvine and Mcgrath and have kept Mcginn the current management don't see this role for McCrorie

If we can get £1m for McCrorie & replace him with a like for like in Irvine (similar ability)  for nothing, then I would.

Re-invest the fee elsewhere. 

3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

If we can get £1m for McCrorie & replace him with a like for like in Irvine (similar ability)  for nothing, then I would.

Re-invest the fee elsewhere. 

It's a no brainer, and i'd accept £500k or £600k.

Not convinced a club wants to pay that however.

9 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

It's a no brainer, and i'd accept £500k or £600k.

Not convinced a club wants to pay that however.

He won't be sold this window. 100%. They will be hoping his value increases over the next couple of seasons. He is still only 23. 

Fergie would make more sense to sell. Almost at peak value for him being at Aberdeen. Big rebuild needed, most valuable player. Cash in and re-invest. 

28 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

McCrorie’s passing & control are poor. 
Not sure about him.

Lacks technique for midfield IMO.

Not sure he’s robust enough for centre half either 

Cash in if there’s interest? 

• Dildo 1
11 minutes ago, DonsManDan said:

He won't be sold this window. 100%. They will be hoping his value increases over the next couple of seasons. He is still only 23. 

Fergie would make more sense to sell. Almost at peak value for him being at Aberdeen. Big rebuild needed, most valuable player. Cash in and re-invest. 

Fergie will be itching to leave if the rumoured interest of Watford (& even Newcastle?) is correct.

You can’t really blame him, it’s life changing money & a big step up in standard 

It’s just a question of waiting for the right bid, cash in, & re-invest.

24 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

If we sell Ferguson, that's basically ALL of our high value assets sold, with nobody else really coming through that is worth a few quid. McCrorie needs to kick on this season, he started his career here so well and faded really quickly. 

Unfortunately it’s asset selling time to ensure club survival 

• Downvote 1
  • Dildo 1
13 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Unfortunately it’s asset selling time to ensure club survival 

The club have just about broken even for the last season between the McKenna/Cosgrove sales and insurance covering the shortfall we had. There is definitely no need to sell anyone else to "ensure club survival". 

1 hour ago, Sheepo said:

Aye 

McCrorie feels like a bit of a square peg in a number of round holes just now. 

Doesn't have the skills to play a creative role in midfield 

Not ideal as a right back 

Appears to have limitations at centre back. 

He's the kind of guy that will get plenty games covering a number of positions but might struggle to be a first choice in any of them. 

29 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

The club have just about broken even for the last season between the McKenna/Cosgrove sales and insurance covering the shortfall we had. There is definitely no need to sell anyone else to "ensure club survival". 

Correct. Not sure where all this lost a fortune stuff has came from. Had a massive shortfall yes but the clubs pretty much covered it all.  Unless of course we are playing infront of no fans again this campaign we are in as good shape as we could of hoped for.

29 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Very true. However the club were shafted at the outset as the business interruption insurance cover they had in place for some strange reason did not equate to qualifying for financial help in the initial lockdown when all football in the UK was postponed.