McCrorie is best used as a midfield destroyer type, who should have strict instructions to pass the ball to his nearest teammate as soon as he wins the ball back. Hopefully he's fully recovered from his bouts of Covid in time for the new season, he definitely lost a bit of bite in his game after the second bout. 

The problems are that he doesn't have the technical ability to play the way Ferguson does driving up and down the pitch and Brown will be the one doing the sitting in midfield when he plays, so he's likely going to be forced to play elsewhere. He wouldn't be the worst option at RB, and it would give Ramsay opportunities when McCrorie is needed elsewhere on the pitch which he no doubt will be at times throughout the season. 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

The club have just about broken even for the last season between the McKenna/Cosgrove sales and insurance covering the shortfall we had. There is definitely no need to sell anyone else to "ensure club survival". 

Exactly my point we sold 2 of our 3 main assets to break even?‍♂️

Assuming hospitality will be back for new season and assuming we'll have fans at 10,000 or above then weve got very little financial worries.

Our financial worries hinge on a third wave covid and third big lockdown. The smart money is on that not happening at the moment so looking good for the July and August games at least

2 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Assuming hospitality will be back for new season and assuming we'll have fans at 10,000 or above then weve got very little financial worries.

Our financial worries hinge on a third wave covid and third big lockdown. The smart money is on that not happening at the moment so looking good for the July and August games at least

Hopefully there are no double standards in the approach to the euro games as opposed to the approach to be taken with domestic football. 

Though I'm still to be convinced they will be approached in the same manner. 

10 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Canna see there being a third big lockdown. Most if not all of the over 18s will have had their 2nd injections by August so we will be toughing out any 3rd wave, that may or may not happen.

I've just renewed my season tickets so f'king better not be another lockdown.

5 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Canna see there being a third big lockdown. Most if not all of the over 18s will have had their 2nd injections by August so we will be toughing out any 3rd wave, that may or may not happen.

Once everyone has had both injections there is no reason to keep things locked down any longer.

If it involves having to have some sort of vaccine passport or whatever proving you've had them before getting to attend things then so be it. It's a small price to pay for a while compared to 18 months of restrictions/lockdowns.

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Hopefully there are no double standards in the approach to the euro games as opposed to the approach to be taken with domestic football. 

Though I'm still to be convinced they will be approached in the same manner. 

I'm going to Hampden for the games and I understand all the mitigations.

They are not realistic for regular SPFL games so it's a poor comparison to make.

Staggering the entrances over 3 hours.

Staggering the exits over 30 -60 mins

Masks at all times.

Building additional entrances 300m earlier than the turnstiles to reduce the bottlenecks.

Closing all the kiosks.

Giving free water because the kiosks are closed.

Would work fine for a one off. Say our first game back but not realistic by game 4 or game 5. It needs to be much much more relaxed.

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

I hope you are right but we'll just have to wait and see what happens come October/November and how the governments react. Just fucking hope we get a good go at getting to a few games at least in July and August.

4 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

They are not realistic for regular SPFL games so it's a poor comparison to make.

Masks at all times.

Building additional entrances 300m earlier than the turnstiles to reduce the bottlenecks.

Closing all the kiosks.

Would work fine for a one off. Say our first game back but not realistic by game 4 or game 5. It needs to be much much more relaxed.

I was meaning more in terms of equivalences relating to capacities.

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I was meaning more in terms of equivalences relating to capacities.

We don't want to accept 25% capacity deal with all the mitigations Hampden have had to agree to.

We want 40% or 50% capacity (initially at least) with far less mitigations.

5 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

We don't want to accept 25% capacity deal with all the mitigations Hampden have had to agree to.

Exactly. 

But at the moment it's skewed the other way. 

Far more people are being allowed into euro games in a level 2 region than are currently allowed in even a level 0 region under current 'normal' rules. 

Changing turnstile operations or staggering entry times will have zero impact on covid spread.  The key finding will be what happens when people sit together for 2 hours during a game. 

Test and trace post event is surely the answer to demonstrate the impact of large outdoor audiences. At which point, assuming a positive outcome, additional barriers can be relaxed and capacities increased 

1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

I take it FIFA pay for the use of a stadium and all the bits and pieces they need to put in? 

The vocal minority of folk terrified of covid is making it hard for folk to get back to the fitba. 

Id go back to a full capacity stadium, with heaps of pished folk and nae social distancing no bother.  

I miss it terribly, mainly for the day out 

• Upvote 2
  • Dildo 2
44 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Masks at all times.

Closing all the kiosks.

Good on you for going, but it is a bit of a farce. 

• Dildo 1
26 minutes ago, Zeus said:

The vocal minority of folk terrified of covid is making it hard for folk to get back to the fitba. 

Id go back to a full capacity stadium, with heaps of pished folk and nae social distancing no bother.  

We will need to learn to live with the virus as it’s not going away. Give me a full capacity stadium rather than this crap of masks on, social distance malarkey any day.

Bring back a proper football day out!

• Dildo 1

I see they have full capacity in Hungary for the Euro's. The English are also working for full capacities come August, a lot of test events at all sports down in England and they must have gone well as we would certainly have heard if they hadn't. You need to either have had 2 jabs or a test within 48 Hours to get into Wembley for the Euro's and I cannot see why that cannot be applied in Scotland come August.Once everyone is Vaccinated there can be no justification for not allowing fans Surely

5 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Fergie will be itching to leave if the rumoured interest of Watford (& even Newcastle?) is correct.

You can’t really blame him, it’s life changing money & a big step up in standard 

It’s just a question of waiting for the right bid, cash in, & re-invest.

No i wouldn't blame him. I don't blame the club for rejecting the reported £1.7m either! Worth more!

2 hours ago, Zeus said:

Buy a six pack and a bottle of vodka , get pushed,  buy yourself a game of blow football,  then go for a walk up and down union street  hugging every one , no mask,  then I hope to hell you get arrested  and locked up.  

I’m nae quite sure how the authorities can say providing proof of 2 Covid jabs means you are good to enter a stadium. First of all, how do provide proof?

Thought process is wrong in all of this, if the primary objective is to provide a safe environment 

If you are fully vaccinated then you are safe, yes, but Joe next to you might not have had any vaccinations, through his choice or cos of his age, so I could theoretically still be carrying the virus, unbeknownst to me, and pass it on to him.

At the end of the day, if you choose not to get jabbed, it’s your choice, so dinna come running to me if you get Covid off me at Pittodrie. 

It has to now come down to the fact that the risk of being majorly affected by Covid is the individual’s choice. He’s being giving the chance to avoid major symptoms, his funeral if he choices not to.

Let’s get it on