2 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Rob Wicks saying another couple of signings still to be made.....

Good. I'm not excited at all by our activity thus far. Gallagher, Brown, Jenks, JET are reasonable additions, and Gurr and Ramirez would make 6 in. I really think we need at least another 3 or 4. I'd be trying to encourage bids for Ferguson if he no longer wants to be here, and be doing all i could to offload the likes of Lewis, Ojo, McLennan and Kennedy. I would never have re-signed Devlin, and as much as he's been a great player in the past, I'm unsure if I'd have re-signed McGinn either. So that's another 6 that need replacing (plus Considine but at this stage in his career he's not going to be offloaded)

• Dildo 2
1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

Good. I'm not excited at all by our activity thus far. Gallagher, Brown, Jenks, JET are reasonable additions, and Gurr and Ramirez would make 6 in. I really think we need at least another 3 or 4. I'd be trying to encourage bids for Ferguson if he no longer wants to be here, and be doing all i could to offload the likes of Lewis, Ojo, McLennan and Kennedy. I would never have re-signed Devlin, and as much as he's been a great player in the past, I'm unsure if I'd have re-signed McGinn either. So that's another 6 that need replacing (plus Considine but at this stage in his career he's not going to be offloaded)

I think at our level Gallagher and Brown go down as good signings, would be harsh to say otherwise at this point. JET I think could be a handy player if he’s fit and Jenks is highly regarded but no real idea if he can cope with first team football. Gurr on paper looks a terrible signing, Ramirez looks risky to me based on his stats the past 3 seasons and assuming he will be a top earner. Pressure is on him right from off. 

None of the above fit the bracket Glass and Cormack promised us a few months back though. Be interesting to see if anyone of “star” quality arrives....

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

A couple?

We need a lot more than 2!

4 at least, for the first X1 

2 wingers and 2 strikers neded at least. And thats before you consider that we only have Considine and Gallagher as centre backs. So if one of them gets injured, suspended or falls out of form were fucked. 

In addition our only full backs are youngsters, and whislt they do look promising we still have the threat of injury, suspension, falling out of form or just needing a break from the team. 

1 minute ago, Ernie McCracken said:

2 wingers and 2 strikers neded at least. And thats before you consider that we only have Considine and Gallagher as centre backs. So if one of them gets injured, suspended or falls out of form were fucked. 

In addition our only full backs are youngsters, and whislt they do look promising we still have the threat of injury, suspension, falling out of form or just needing a break from the team. 

Unfortunately we do have Devlin for 6 months minimum, so that's three.

And I suspect Glass will be counting jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none McCrorie at very least as a 4th option for now. 

As an absolute minimum, we need to bring in a young(ish) starting left sided CH.

As regards the full backs, Gurr looks like coming in shortly covering the right side alongside Ramsay. I suspect Mackenzie will be given the chance to prove he's the long term starting left back and will utilise either Hayes or Consi to cover that side if he gets injured (or proves not to be up to it)

39 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

If we only signed two players for the new season we really are fucked.

We need for the first X1 a right back, left centre half, a winger & a centre forward.

And we’d need a couple of back ups beyond the above.

2 would be totally inadequate. 

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 2
35 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

If we only signed two players for the new season we really are fucked.

We need for the first X1 a right back, left centre half, a winger & a centre forward.

And we’d need a couple of back ups beyond the above.

2 would be totally inadequate. 

I think we need to offload some CM’s ridiculous numbers in there having just brought in Jenks and Brown ontop of everyone we have already got. 

Gurr obviously happening sooner rather than later. What is Jets best position, we all seem to think he will be a bit part but looking like he could be a starter for us. 

2 minutes ago, slippers said:

I think we need to offload some CM’s ridiculous numbers in there having just brought in Jenks and Brown ontop of everyone we have already got. 

Gurr obviously happening sooner rather than later. What is Jets best position, we all seem to think he will be a bit part but looking like he could be a starter for us. 

Ojo will be released/sold & Ferguson likely to be sold too.

I’m hoping Rob Wicks saying “ a couple more to come in” is just an off the cuff remark, as opposed to literally two. 

• Dildo 1
4 minutes ago, slippers said:

Even if we do get a permit for Ramirez & he signs, we’ll only have two strikers including Emmanuel-Thomas. 

On 6/18/2021 at 3:25 PM, slippers said:

I think at our level Gallagher and Brown go down as good signings, would be harsh to say otherwise at this point. JET I think could be a handy player if he’s fit and Jenks is highly regarded but no real idea if he can cope with first team football. Gurr on paper looks a terrible signing, Ramirez looks risky to me based on his stats the past 3 seasons and assuming he will be a top earner. Pressure is on him right from off. 

None of the above fit the bracket Glass and Cormack promised us a few months back though. Be interesting to see if anyone of “star” quality arrives....

My comment was more about the quantity of signings rather than quality - I’m happy with Brown and Gallagher, and also with JET. No idea about the young English lad, but will give him the benefit of the doubt.

i just think we need at least another 4 new faces, and we still need to shift 3 or 4 as well. We’re never going to improve with the likes of Ojo, McLennan, Kennedy etc near the team.

still time yet I guess.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
10 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

My comment was more about the quantity of signings rather than quality - I’m happy with Brown and Gallagher, and also with JET. No idea about the young English lad, but will give him the benefit of the doubt.

i just think we need at least another 4 new faces, and we still need to shift 3 or 4 as well. We’re never going to improve with the likes of Ojo, McLennan, Kennedy etc near the team.

still time yet I guess.

Not defending the club but it’s often the case you have to wait longer to get the real quality in. The biggest problem is waiting months to get them over line then they fuck you off to fleetwood or some shite. Then end up signing someone with a lot less ability. I just hope we get at least 1 player in that meets the criteria from cormack and Glass, ideally a winger or creative type. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
27 minutes ago, slippers said:

Not defending the club but it’s often the case you have to wait longer to get the real quality in. The biggest problem is waiting months to get them over line then they fuck you off to fleetwood or some shite. Then end up signing someone with a lot less ability. I just hope we get at least 1 player in that meets the criteria from cormack and Glass, ideally a winger or creative type. 

Cosgrove incoming , Birmingham sending him out on loan,  Cormack and glasses super signing.   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 4
2 hours ago, slippers said:

A lot of truth in this.  I reckon Glass and Cormack may have thought it was going to be a lot easier to get the players they wanted in than it’s turned out.  Still a fair but of time to get the right players in though.  I suppose the danger of signing players early is that you may miss out on better players later in the window.  Will also depend if any players move on.  I still get the feeling that we will sign 2-3 players at most.  

21 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

A lot of truth in this.  I reckon Glass and Cormack may have thought it was going to be a lot easier to get the players they wanted in than it’s turned out.  Still a fair but of time to get the right players in though.  I suppose the danger of signing players early is that you may miss out on better players later in the window.  Will also depend if any players move on.  I still get the feeling that we will sign 2-3 players at most.  

Needs to be 2-3 players on top of the rumoured ones already arriving. Need another winger, centre back and striker.