8 hours ago, Hoofball said:

Needs to be 2-3 players on top of the rumoured ones already arriving. Need another winger, centre back and striker. 

Yeah, that's what I reckon - 2-3 more on top of Gurr and Ramirez - and I also agree with the positions you mention. Ideally ship out another one or two on top of that and bring in replacements, but maybe that will need to wait until the winter window.

9 hours ago, anderson72 said:

The some top English teams don't let youngsters out on loan till they do their own transfer business.

Pain when you start in Europe early.

The boy from Brighton here for experience  and first team football,  hope he has the same effect that Maddison had when he was here

I know you can't make a really well informed view based on the clips, but he looked to me to be more of a direct replacement for Ferguson rather than the fast feet / loads of skill Maddison style.

Guess we'll wait and see

15 hours ago, anderson72 said:

The some top English teams don't let youngsters out on loan till they do their own transfer business.

Pain when you start in Europe early.

The boy from Brighton here for experience  and first team football,  hope he has the same effect that Maddison had when he was here

I get what you are saying but I am hoping he does a lot more! Other than that free kick, he basically just got kicked and cried every week. Then got benched and we turned as good as I've ever seen us.

Some free kick though

• Upvote 1
46 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

What’s bigger than “meh”? 

Good luck to the lad, I hope he proves me wrong, but I just find his signing completely bizarre.

I hope you can quote me on this and laugh at me down the line

But very much appears in the category of a signing you just know is going to be shite and at no point during their dons career do you ever doubt it

33 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I hope you can quote me on this and laugh at me down the line

But very much appears in the category of a signing you just know is going to be shite and at no point during their dons career do you ever doubt it

Yip, me too.

There’s nothing to suggest this signing will be anything other than not good enough.

He’s barely kicked a professional football & he's 26 in 5 months. 

Glass telling Scott Burns he is hoping to get another 2 or 3 signing in. Obviously Gurr has now signed after this interview so that probably means 2 more. We know he wanted Clark Robertson so have to assume he wants a left centre back and you would assume Ramirez is the other one.

I really hope he means 2 or 3 more before those euro games but there will still be more to follow after that additionally. If he means 2 or 3 more for the full season we are going to be in for a long hard season. 

Also, from this i think that those of us such as @Tord31  who were hoping that JET would be our 3rd choice striker are also in for a disappointment too.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/aberdeen-transfer-latest-jack-gurr-24366234

"Glass hopes to land Ramirez and one or two more signings before the Dons open their Europa Conference League campaign with a clash with with BK Hacken next month."

Scott Brown, Declan Gallagher, Teddy Jenks and Jay Emmanuel-Thomas have also joined up at Pittodrie. “We will add two or three,” Glass confirmed. “The additions have already come in.

“You see teams adding to their group now but it shouldn’t be forgotten that we have added Scott, Declan, Jay and Teddy. “That is four already so we have done a good amount of business so far.

“We are still looking to add. In terms of numbers we could have added another five, six or 10 players. “But we want to make sure we get the right players in who are going to help us. That is important.

“There will be enough of a turnover of people in the building and it was important that that happened."

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Glass telling Scott Burns he is hoping to get another 2 or 3 signing in. Obviously Gurr has now signed after this interview so that probably means 2 more. We know he wanted Clark Robertson so have to assume he wants a left centre back and you would assume Ramirez is the other one.

I really hope he means 2 or 3 more before those times but there will be more to follow after that additionally. If he means 2 or 3 more for the full season we are going to be in for a long hard season. 

Also, from this i think that those of us such as @Tord31  who were hoping that JET would be our 3rd choice striker are also in for a disappointment too.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/aberdeen-transfer-latest-jack-gurr-24366234

Glass hopes to land Ramirez and one or two more signings before the Dons open their Europa Conference League campaign with a clash with with BK Hacken next month.

Scott Brown, Declan Gallagher, Teddy Jenks and Jay Emmanuel-Thomas have also joined up at Pittodrie. “We will add two or three,” Glass confirmed. “The additions have already come in.

“You see teams adding to their group now but it shouldn’t be forgotten that we have added Scott, Declan, Jay and Teddy. “That is four already so we have done a good amount of business so far.

“We are still looking to add. In terms of numbers we could have added another five, six or 10 players. “But we want to make sure we get the right players in who are going to help us. That is important.

“There will be enough of a turnover of people in the building and it was important that that happened.

Always referencing "the right players". Interested to see why he thinks Gurr is the right kind of player required, everything suggests he's nowhere near good enough . Reading between the lines it looks as if Ramirez will be as exciting as it gets this summer. If Ramirez is a bad signing we are in for a difficult season.

1 hour ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

I really hope he means 2 or 3 more before those euro games but there will still be more to follow after that additionally. If he means 2 or 3 more for the full season we are going to be in for a long hard season. 

"Glass hopes to land Ramirez and one or two more signings before the Dons open their Europa Conference League campaign with a clash with with BK Hacken next month."

“There will be enough of a turnover of people in the building and it was important that that happened."

The only tiny bit of hope i can take from that is that he says "one or 2 more before the ECL game". If it's just one or 2 more full stop then we are up shit creek without a paddle. Need 2 strikers minimum, 2 wingers and ideally a left sided CH. Guessing there may be more movement once clubs return for pre season and we can do a bit of wheeling and dealing. Punt Ojo, Kennedy, hopefully McLennan. And then there's still the Ferguson situation to deal with. 

2 minutes ago, Zander1903 said:

can Cormack afford this experiment not to work? pretty obvious Glass was gonna be his man since  we started this american love in

but im not worried that its gonna be as bad as McGhee's tenure

Cormack doesn't see this as an experiment though. 

The strategy is clear. No one is confused. Etc. 

53 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

The only tiny bit of hope i can take from that is that he says "one or 2 more before the ECL game". If it's just one or 2 more full stop then we are up shit creek without a paddle. Need 2 strikers minimum, 2 wingers and ideally a left sided CH. Guessing there may be more movement once clubs return for pre season and we can do a bit of wheeling and dealing. Punt Ojo, Kennedy, hopefully McLennan. And then there's still the Ferguson situation to deal with. 

That’s our biggest game of the season though. Unprepared as usual no doubt 

7 minutes ago, Zander1903 said:

can Cormack afford this experiment not to work? pretty obvious Glass was gonna be his man since  we started this american love in

but im not worried that its gonna be as bad as McGhee's tenure

I'm worried it will be. We've a manager clearly appointed through who he knows over what he's done coaching in the game. The Brown signing is similar to signing Hartley, hopefully with a different result. McGhee obviously have more experience but can see the same mistakes being made

24 minutes ago, NEM said:

A turned over roster, lacking attacking options, and little experience together. Group stage 3rd level european football here we come!

3 hours ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Ramirez & probably a winger then?

A bit underwhelming is it not?

And we’re a bit light in positions.

2 strikers (if Ramirez signs) & weak in defence. 

• Dildo 1
31 minutes ago, NEM said:

Without a doubt it's our biggest game of the season. But i suspect there will be a lot of teams unwilling to part with players under contract until later in the window when they have replacements in. With the exception of EPL teams sending youngsters out on loan. And we need to see how Ferguson situation plays out (haven't seen him in any pre season shots from AFC).