10 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

What folk?  Nobody's been talking about that kind of figure for ages.  I think most reckon £3m would be a result.  He's a good player but he wasn't great last season and he wants to leave. 

Agree completely.

If we could shift him for about 3M... then re-invest 500k in McGrath, it would be good business.  That sort of money, we possibly don't have - the Ferguson transfer fee will probably got toward covering our COVID losses.  However, I just feel on his current trajectory he has massive sell on potential too and is worth taking a gamble.  Totally hypothetical, but if we did get him and he scores another 15 goals for us next season, I doubt he'd see out a second season.  McGrath will already be on the radar of clubs down south - I'm not sure whether he's already out of our reach?

4 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

Agree completely.

If we could shift him for about 3M... then re-invest 500k in McGrath, it would be good business.  That sort of money, we possibly don't have - the Ferguson transfer fee will probably got toward covering our COVID losses.  However, I just feel on his current trajectory he has massive sell on potential too and is worth taking a gamble.  Totally hypothetical, but if we did get him and he scores another 15 goals for us next season, I doubt he'd see out a second season.  McGrath will already be on the radar of clubs down south - I'm not sure whether he's already out of our reach?

If McGrath is in the final year of his contract it may not take £500k - an offer off half that plus someone like Kennedy or McLennan might do the job, and has the added benefit of getting rid of another useless player from the squad.

I could see McGrath being a winter window signing though to be honest. Problem is if he starts the season well Celtic will come in for him then it’s game over. We’ll get him in 2 years time after he’s spent a couple seasons sitting on their bench.

4 hours ago, super_al said:

I have to say this summer had been a total let down so far. Cormack was quoted in a RedTV interview as saying that JET would be one of a number of attacking options for next season. Thus far (yes there is still time) that statement is extremely far from reality.

As things stand JET is the only striker we have. The boy Ruth is the only back up we have and not sure there’s much to suggest he’s ready to step up. I wonder if McGinn will be used as a striker this season as he’s not got the pace to play the wide role if we’re planning to play exciting fast moving football

1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

If McGrath is in the final year of his contract it may not take £500k - an offer off half that plus someone like Kennedy or McLennan might do the job, and has the added benefit of getting rid of another useless player from the squad.

I could see McGrath being a winter window signing though to be honest. Problem is if he starts the season well Celtic will come in for him then it’s game over. We’ll get him in 2 years time after he’s spent a couple seasons sitting on their bench.

If we don't have a windfall from selling Ferguson (or anyone else) then it's probably not worth pushing for McGrath unless they get keen for a deal at the deadline.

We've bigger fish to fry e.g. centre back, striker x 2, winger and maybe even a full back.

• Upvote 2
12 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

If we don't have a windfall from selling Ferguson (or anyone else) then it's probably not worth pushing for McGrath unless they get keen for a deal at the deadline.

We've bigger fish to fry e.g. centre back, striker x 2, winger and maybe even a full back.

Creating chances and linking midfield with attack is a pretty major priority though based on last season 

• Dildo 1
7 hours ago, super_al said:

I have to say this summer had been a total let down so far. Cormack was quoted in a RedTV interview as saying that JET would be one of a number of attacking options for next season. Thus far (yes there is still time) that statement is extremely far from reality.

Cormack is fast being found out to be full of shit. Up to him to prove us wrong

Cormack the (SOS) ;) 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
8 hours ago, super_al said:

It's one thing stating you want to bring fast, attractive, attacking football but it is another sourcing the players to achieve the vision.

I reckon that, although very wealthy Cormack is a bit naive football wise as he shoots his mouth off making grand promises from time to time, which may, ultimately, be difficult for Glass to deliver.

Or are these grand promises just designed to fool folk into purchasing / renewing season tickets and / or AberDNA?.

As things stand our summer recruitment to match the grand promises has not materialised to date, especially given that pre-season training has already commenced.

I understand that Glass was keen for new signings to be in place before training commenced, so that his proposed playing philosophy could be properly grounded.

I really do hope that things will work out but the longer that time elapses without the level of further recruitment required the more the smell of bullshit rises!!

However, if there are truly real rumoured signings out there it is high time that IKN posters on this thread upped their game.

Up until now the "rumours" have been very sparse to say the least.....

11 minutes ago, starryfish said:

There's no point in analysing the squad at the end of June, best to do it after the transfer window has closed at the start of September.

My biggest concern is Glass saying we'll maybe bring in another "2 or 3".  2 is not enough, 3 is barely enough depending on positions. Obviously this could change, but it's concerning that we're only looking to add such a small number of players when we're desperately low on quality and numbers

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We are/were after Irvine and McGrath so it's clear the club feel we need further additions of "Real Quality". It won't happen until after the Euros.

I suspect we'll sign a 3rd choice striker in the form of a loanee from England through Russell's contacts, a centre back, a winger, and possibly two midfielders (depending on both Ojo and Ferguson leaving this window).

@mainstandmoan any updates you could provide us with? 

12 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

My biggest concern is Glass saying we'll maybe bring in another "2 or 3".  2 is not enough, 3 is barely enough depending on positions. Obviously this could change, but it's concerning that we're only looking to add such a small number of players when we're desperately low on quality and numbers

Hit them where it hurts then.  Stop buying tickets until Cormack and glass come up with their promises that come out of their moos. 

• Downvote 1
  • Dildo 2
7 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

We are/were after Irvine and McGrath so it's clear the club feel we need further additions of "Real Quality". It won't happen until after the Euros.

I suspect we'll sign a 3rd choice striker in the form of a loanee from England through Russell's contacts, a centre back, a winger, and possibly two midfielders (depending on both Ojo and Ferguson leaving this window).

@mainstandmoan any updates you could provide us with? 

It was being claimed that mainstandmoan was Paul Sheerin. Hasn’t been heard from since departure. Assuming that is incorrect but who knows. Could really be doing with an exciting rumour or 2! 

• Downvote 1
5 minutes ago, slippers said:

It was being claimed that mainstandmoan was Paul Sheerin. Hasn’t been heard from since departure. Assuming that is incorrect but who knows. Could really be doing with an exciting rumour or 2! 

'Mainstandmoan' 'joined' this board after sheerin had left for Falkirk.

For some reason I have my doubts as to it being the same poster as mad. Not sure why...?

43 minutes ago, slippers said:

Irvine has just returned from International Duty with Australia. Irvine said he would sort out his future once he returned. We'll soon discover if he is remaining at Hibs, signing for us or moving to England. 

6 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

Irvine has just returned from International Duty with Australia. Irvine said he would sought out his future once he returned. We'll soon discover if he is remaining at Hibs, signing for us or moving to England. 

Wouldn’t be devastated to miss out on Irvine. Would far rather spend 500k to secure Boyle. While he’s not outstanding he’s proven in our league and his goals and assists would be a massive point in right direction with added bonus it weakens a rival. 

• Like 1
On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2021 at 4:33 PM, Tord31 said:

Fair play to Gauld for turning it around over the last two years.

Interesting to see who he chooses between bigger teams in Portugal/Spain versus a move to England

I see in the paper today that Gauld has been given a week to decide whether he wants to accept an offer of a 3 year contract on £41K a week to move to Vancouver Whitecaps.

Also has options in England, Portugal and Spain but the Canadian one would obviously be extremely lucrative for him  (6.4 million).

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

That’s not ideal though.

We’ll probably be out of Europe & we’ll be about 4 or 5 games in to the League by then 

Unfortunately we don't have a bottomless pit of money to throw at it, most things start to develop after the English teams return for pre-season training. 

33 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

I see in the paper today that Gauld has been given a week to decide whether he wants to accept an offer of a 3 year contract on £41K a week to move to Vancouver Whitecaps.

Also has options in England, Portugal and Spain but the Canadian one would obviously be extremely lucrative for him  (6.4 million).

If he wants to get Scotland caps, Canada is a no no!

15 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leigh-griffiths-celtic-attitude-slammed-20890275

It was mentioned elsewhere that Scott Brown had advised Aberdeen to stay well away from Leigh Griffiths. Just as well we did.

Rumours of Irvine signing a 2 year deal with Hibs. Will be announced on Friday with the unveiling of their new away strip.

Jackson Irvine wouldn’t be an upgrade on what we have. 
Not bothered if he signs for Hibs. 
Nowhere near a priority.

Two forwards (one a first pick), a fast winger & a left centre half are all ahead of the queue 

• Upvote 1