1 hour ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

I see in the paper today that Gauld has been given a week to decide whether he wants to accept an offer of a 3 year contract on £41K a week to move to Vancouver Whitecaps.

Also has options in England, Portugal and Spain but the Canadian one would obviously be extremely lucrative for him  (6.4 million).

He will join the Mounties. 

7 hours ago, Kincardine_Mearns_Red said:

Swiss Toni I call him and so far with the exception of Cormack Park he has done nothing to disprove that.

Aye a mere 7mil (I think) for Cormack Park, couple of mil to help out last season. binned McInnes The Loser, doesn't fancy the stadium being miles oot the toon, in talks to keep us within 500yards of Pittodrie, listens and talks to the support which led to The Red Shed and Pittodrie getting the first bit of attention in years, donated a mil to AFCCT. He's done next to fuck all in his 2 years really compared to what Milne did in his 20. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 10
5 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leigh-griffiths-celtic-attitude-slammed-20890275

It was mentioned elsewhere that Scott Brown had advised Aberdeen to stay well away from Leigh Griffiths. Just as well we did.

Rumours of Irvine signing a 2 year deal with Hibs. Will be announced on Friday with the unveiling of their new away strip.

Hibs new away strip was unveiled today. Doesn't mean Irvine won't sign for them but will have nothing to do with the kit unveiling too

16 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Aye a mere 7mil (I think) for Cormack Park, couple of mil to help out last season. binned McInnes The Loser, doesn't fancy the stadium being miles oot the toon, in talks to keep us within 500yards of Pittodrie, listens and talks to the support which led to The Red Shed and Pittodrie getting the first bit of attention in years, donated a mil to AFCCT. He's done next to fuck all in his 2 years really compared to what Milne did in his 20. 

£11 million for cormack park was it not?

Absolute night and day from that prick Milne 

• Upvote 5
18 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Think Swiss Toni more or less paid for Cormack Park on his own, so nearer £13m.

And as NEM said, Milne spoke of 3 and 5 year plans to build a training facility yet delivered FUCK ALL in 25 years in charge, despite comparable wealth.

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Jackson Irvine wouldn’t be an upgrade on what we have. 
Not bothered if he signs for Hibs. 
Nowhere near a priority.

Two forwards (one a first pick), a fast winger & a left centre half are all ahead of the queue 

Irvine was without a club for 6 months last season for a reason,  so absolutely zero fucks given that’s he staying in Leith.

39 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Here fucking here  :applause:

• Upvote 1
17 hours ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

I see in the paper today that Gauld has been given a week to decide whether he wants to accept an offer of a 3 year contract on £41K a week to move to Vancouver Whitecaps.

Also has options in England, Portugal and Spain but the Canadian one would obviously be extremely lucrative for him  (6.4 million).

An interesting one. Did so little at Hibs playing in our league - I wonder at what point the output from our various ‘root and branch’ review(s) over the years is going to kick in? 

35 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Which works out at 180k sterling. They must rate him selling him for that much.....

That was my first thoughts. But also getting 600k off wage bill I guess? Gut is that he’s going to be terrible if I’m honest but we have signed plenty players with terrible pedigree in England and turn out to be massive success so hope it’s one of them! 

1 hour ago, Durrant Dived said:

Which works out at 180k sterling. They must rate him selling him for that much.....

34 minutes ago, slippers said:

That was my first thoughts. But also getting 600k off wage bill I guess? Gut is that he’s going to be terrible if I’m honest but we have signed plenty players with terrible pedigree in England and turn out to be massive success so hope it’s one of them! 

he is out of contract in about 4 or 5 months time so id guess they will be delighted to find someone willing to pay any fee. 

2 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

Yeah, the way the squad is right now, he really is going to be possibly our most important player!  if Ramirez is crap, or gets injured, we could be in big trouble!

Glass & the club obviously see him as a key signing.

Paying a fee for a bloke who’s 30, & the faffing around appealing for a permit.

Here’s hoping it’s worth it.

Squad still very light though in quality & numbers in places 

Another 3 needed in addition to Ramirez I’d say. 

• Downvote 1
5 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

he is out of contract in about 4 or 5 months time so id guess they will be delighted to find someone willing to pay any fee. 

Forgot about that. I’m looking forward to seeing him as this has dragged on. 

Don’t think no7 has been allocated either so hopefully we get a key creative player in to take that. Creativity improved under Glass but prior to that we really struggled to create any meaningful chances. 

• Upvote 1

So far the signings have been ones that the mcinnes would probably have made - Gallagher and JET and American based from the Glass / Russel influence - Gurr and Ramirez.

Jenks maybe has come through Russell’s knowledge from the English setup.

I’m still waiting to see Brown’s contacts bearing fruit… he was supposed to have been lining up some players and Cormack made a big deal of how having Brown would help attract players. No sign of that so far.