3 hours ago, slippers said:

Another player on big wages and absolutely no sell on value. Not to say he wouldn’t be a decent signing as haven’t seen him in years but we need to sign players with potential that can be sold on. 

I'm fed up hearing about resale value. Lets just try and get a competitive team on the park next season and worry about signing players with resale value in the next few transfer windows. We don't even have a head of recruitment in place yet for fuck sake

• Upvote 4
  • Dildo 1

1 hour ago, Redmist1903 said:

I'm fed up hearing about resale value. Lets just try and get a competitive team on the park next season and worry about signing players with resale value in the next few transfer windows. We don't even have a head of recruitment in place yet for fuck sake

That all very well had they not said they are going to sign young players and develop them. 

Only way we are going to be able to make solid progress and potentially compete on all fronts is if we sell players. Ferguson is the last player of any value. Once he’s gone we have nothing to sell. If we can work our way up the ladder and eventually be able to sell a players for 5-10m a season that makes a colossal difference to our budget.

• Upvote 2
23 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Maybe - but he's the kind of signing we'd have made regardless of whether Brown was here I reckon. 

Wonder if Brown could persuade the wee Dembele dude to join us for a couple years - I reckon he'd shift some season tickets. He was getting linked with a move to some team in Norway or Denmark I think.

This suggests he has another year left on his contract at Celtic - www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/karamoko-dembele-celtic-contract-myth-24098124.amp 

Can't see us getting him permanently if he is out of contract. Linked with some big clubs and would be a development fee. If he isn't out of contract we would be looking at a loan at best.

10 minutes ago, slippers said:

That all very well had they not said they are going to sign young players and develop them. 

Only way we are going to be able to make solid progress and potentially compete on all fronts is if we sell players. Ferguson is the last player of any value. Once he’s gone we have nothing to sell. If we can work our way up the ladder and eventually be able to sell a players for 5-10m a season that makes a colossal difference to our budget.

We still have some sellable assets aside from Ferguson. The club are clearly hoping that at the end of this season Campbell, McKenzie and Ramsay progress and hold some value. 

In May, Ryan Hedges expressed interest in signing a new contract. Steve Gunn has supposedly begun initial negotiations with him. I'd imagine it would be a similar situation to when Hayes signed a new deal with the promise we'd sell him in the summer.

15 hours ago, starryfish said:

Marvin Johnson, once of Motherwell, recently released by Middlesbrough, age 30, might fit the bill.

Far too young, more likely to sign Marvin Andrews 

1 hour ago, Redmist1903 said:

Agree to an extent but only if ALL said older players were actually stand outs worthy of making the team a force because then a lot of the other younger players in the sides value would then be increased anyway also, even if some by default.

We definitely do need to start making some actual signings with some potential sell on value though, even if this means gambling on fees. If the coaching staff actually have enough faith in the older/experience they have signed, these gambles are actually reduced for above reasons. 
Time to show us all they are indeed looking to strengthen the club all around & especially to focus more on youth like they promised. 

Not a good start that the only young player they’ve taken in is a loan with likely very little chance of signing FT. 

My gripe so far is that they haven’t done a single thing they have promised/teased us with & it was all just sugar coated shite to sell season tickets. Disrespectful of the fans IMO hence why some (certainly me) are saying as much.

Cormack needs to make me eat humble pie & I will happily take a slice or two if he is serving up

• Dildo 2
1 hour ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Sessions. 

Good at doing impersonations, nae quite so good with a ba' at his feet

Also likely to spend a fair amount of time on the treatment table initially. Suffered a bad case of being dead

Pencil him in for a return a few weeks ahead of Devlin 

35 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

We still have some sellable assets aside from Ferguson. The club are clearly hoping that at the end of this season Campbell, McKenzie and Ramsay progress and hold some value. 

In May, Ryan Hedges expressed interest in signing a new contract. Steve Gunn has supposedly begun initial negotiations with him. I'd imagine it would be a similar situation to when Hayes signed a new deal with the promise we'd sell him in the summer.

Gunn needs to get his fucking finger out then - initial negotiations should have started 6 months ago 

6 hours ago, slippers said:

It's early days. The plan isn't something that will happen in a few weeks. Glass will need 2 or 3 windows to get things in place 

8 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

It's early days. The plan isn't something that will happen in a few weeks. Glass will need 2 or 3 windows to get things in place 

I am happy to give him that time but he's got more freedom than any manager in the last 25 years to change the team in the first year. That's quite an advantage. It's not gonna cut it to say McInnes left us in a shambles

1 hour ago, BonnieDon said:

McGrath along with Doyle-Hayes were both absent for the start of St Mirren's preseason.

Doyle-Hayes is set to sign for a club England after rejecting Dundee Utd. 

We might be about to discover if McGrath is signing for us or a club in England.

With Jenks coming in I don't think so

1 hour ago, BonnieDon said:

McGrath along with Doyle-Hayes were both absent for the start of St Mirren's preseason.

Doyle-Hayes is set to sign for a club England after rejecting Dundee Utd. 

We might be about to discover if McGrath is signing for us or a club in England.

Was McGrath not playing for Ireland in friendlies?

He’ll just be getting a week or two extra off from the other players, same as Gallagher will be with us. 

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

I am happy to give him that time but he's got more freedom than any manager in the last 25 years to change the team in the first year. That's quite an advantage. It's not gonna cut it to say McInnes left us in a shambles

Main problem being covid. Nobody knows if fans will be allowed in stadiums which stops income and causes the purse strings to still be tight.

I’d say McInnes has left the club in a shambles

• Dildo 1
56 minutes ago, StevieT1986 said:

So now that Ramirez has signed, what now? 

Left sided centre back

Right winger

Both under 25 preferably

If/when Ferguson is sold, sign McGrath (assuming no one else has in the interim). And use a chunk of the fee received to also offer Hedges a sensible pay rise with a bonus signing fee included to sweeten the deal. 

Offloading Ojo to anyone who will take him, even if we have to cover up to 75% of his wages would be sensible. 

Lewis probably has enough credit in the bank to give him 6 months to see how he copes in the system Glass wants to use. He must have the captaincy stripped immediately though. But long term I cant see him coping with being an auxiliary sweeper the way many teams now use their goalkeepers when in possession in the oppo half, if that's the way Glass wants to go. And any repeat of the basic goalkeeping fuck ups that have been a regular occurrence in the past 18 months then I'm afraid his time with us should be up (easier said than done given his contract)

• Upvote 3