39 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Left sided centre back

Right winger

Both under 25 preferably

If/when Ferguson is sold, sign McGrath (assuming no one else has in the interim). And use a chunk of the fee received to also offer Hedges a sensible pay rise with a bonus signing fee included to sweeten the deal. 

Offloading Ojo to anyone who will take him, even if we have to cover up to 75% of his wages would be sensible. 

Lewis probably has enough credit in the bank to give him 6 months to see how he copes in the system Glass wants to use. He must have the captaincy stripped immediately though. But long term I cant see him coping with being an auxiliary sweeper the way many teams now use their goalkeepers when in possession in the oppo half, if that's the way Glass wants to go. And any repeat of the basic goalkeeping fuck ups that have been a regular occurrence in the past 18 months then I'm afraid his time with us should be up (easier said than done given his contract)

If we sold ferguson I’d rather we went and bought the boy McCann from st Johnstone who I read were looking for £1 million for him. He would cost more but I think in the long run we could sell him for more than McGrath 

15 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Aye I'm struggling to think of a manager who left the club in worse nick. No debt and 4th in the league. Very hard to think of any in the last 30 years

It's not the perfect scenario for a new manager (like perhaps if he'd taken the Sunderland job) but i think its clutching if we are shit this season to roll out the 'its mcinnes' fault excuses'. 

Many a manager would have made a very very good fist at keeping us the same; european places (which is now top 5) and one hampden trip a season. If we bomb way below that level it is because of Cormack and Glass, and certainly not because of McInnes.

• Upvote 1
27 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

It's not the perfect scenario for a new manager (like perhaps if he'd taken the Sunderland job) but i think its clutching if we are shit this season to roll out the 'its mcinnes' fault excuses'. 

Would have been a lot of pressure for a new manager in 2017.... and a lot of the team left that summer. That would have been a tough time to come in. 

Now, decent squad (by standards of the league) and no debt.... lets be honest its a better start than any other manager has had in my lifetime

12 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Would have been a lot of pressure for a new manager in 2017.... and a lot of the team left that summer. That would have been a tough time to come in. 

Now, decent squad (by standards of the league) and no debt.... lets be honest its a better start than any other manager has had in my lifetime

Yes, I think a SPFL merry go round manager would have us achieving what I've said; top six and one hampden trip. 

Cormack picking a different manager, and management team, is aiming for higher than that and fair play. If we underachieve it's because we gambled on not going for a Robinson or a Tommy Wright etc. and accepting a status quo.

We’re chipping away adding some potentially very solid signings - brown, Gallagher, Jenks, Ramirez n Jet (last three tbc). Then there’s the likes of say Motherwell who have lost their 4 best players for minimal fee - Gallagher, Campbell, Cole and Kelly (loan ended). What team has notable strengthened so far? Most teams have lost more than gained so far. We’re in the gain category although we defo want more yet.

any talk of anything less than 4th is ludicrous at this stage. People acting like we’re miles behind the top6 on paper. We are most certainly not!! 

atm we still have on paper probably third, definitely at least 4th best team on paper.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

We’re chipping away adding some potentially very solid signings - brown, Gallagher, Ramirez n Jet (last two tbc). Then there’s the likes of say Motherwell who have lost their 4 best players for minimal fee - Gallagher, Campbell, Cole and Kelly (loan ended). What team has notable strengthened so far? Most teams have lost more than gained so far. We’re in the gain category although we defo want more yet.

any talk of anything less than 4th is ludicrous at this stage. People acting like we’re miles behind the top6 on paper. We are most certainly not!! 

atm we still have on paper probably third, definitely at least 4th best team on paper.

I think Hibs at the moment are well placed because they have a settled team and can control how many of Nisbet, Porteous, Boyle and Doig they sell this summer

13 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

We’re chipping away adding some potentially very solid signings - brown, Gallagher, Ramirez n Jet (last two tbc). Then there’s the likes of say Motherwell who have lost their 4 best players for minimal fee - Gallagher, Campbell, Cole and Kelly (loan ended). What team has notable strengthened so far? Most teams have lost more than gained so far. We’re in the gain category although we defo want more yet.

`Agreed. We May lose Ferguson but Hibs could yet lose Nisbet, Porteous, Boyle and Doig. 

Dont think anyone in Scotland has signed anyone that stands out. A left winger and a CB to partner Gallagher and we look in decent shape. Hopefully both permanent signings and under 25. 

• Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I think Hibs at the moment are well placed because they have a settled team and can control how many of Nisbet, Porteous, Boyle and Doig they sell this summer

Do they really have control? A decent offer, player becomes unhappy and they are off. Probably won’t replace with the same quality, or certainly not every position. Well they’d  get somebody better than Porteous easy enough tbf.

13 minutes ago, slippers said:

`Agreed. We May lose Ferguson but Hibs could yet lose Nisbet, Porteous, Boyle and Doig. 

Dont think anyone in Scotland has signed anyone that stands out. A left winger and a CB to partner Gallagher and we look in decent shape. Hopefully both permanent signings and under 25. 

Ryan Hedges can fill in any of the slots in the 4231 so it doesn't necessarily need to be a left winger I'd say. It just needs to be anyone who can play in one of the positions (yes preferably winger as we have 17,000 midfielders so often they'll be taking the attacking centre mid spot) who is of a much higher standard than our current options e.g. 33 yr old McGinn, Kennedy, McLennan etc.

9 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Do they really have control? A decent offer, player becomes unhappy and they are off. Probably won’t replace with the same quality, or certainly not every position. Well they’d  get somebody better than Porteous easy enough tbf.

They should be able to control avoiding selling all four at once. Doig could even be a sale and loan back if they can get him to a big enough club.

2 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Ryan Hedges can fill in any of the slots in the 4231 so it doesn't necessarily need to be a left winger I'd say. It just needs to be anyone who can play in one of the positions (yes preferably winger as we have 17,000 midfielders so often they'll be taking the attacking centre mid spot) who is of a much higher standard than our current options e.g. 33 yr old McGinn, Kennedy, McLennan etc.

If we signed McGrath and Boyle in the event we sold Ferguson then that would give us some decent options to play a number of formations. 

I think we are still a couple of key attacking players short but maybe they think they can get a better tune out of some of the players still at the club than the last management team did? 

25 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

If we signed McGrath and Boyle in the event we sold Ferguson then that would give us some decent options to play a number of formations. 

I think we are still a couple of key attacking players short but maybe they think they can get a better tune out of some of the players still at the club than the last management team did? 

Boyle will be our #7 if he isn’t tracked by the OF or teams in England i reckon. Just have to wait to see if anyone goes after him. 

48 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

They should be able to control avoiding selling all four at once. Doig could even be a sale and loan back if they can get him to a big enough club.

I think they would avoid doing it if possible but money talks. They already know Nisbet is unsettled after they turned down the Birmingham bid.

If they were to sell all four, they'd be looking at somewhere around £8million coming in. That would give them a fair bit of leverage in sourcing replacements, but they'd be losing known quantities who have done well and replacing them with players who could be hit or miss. I'd imagine that it's a stick on that Nisbet and Doig will go.......and that will bring in around £6million. You could well be correct that a big club might view loaning Doig back for the season would be a sensible thing to do in which case Hibs would really land on their feet. They could then maybe risk letting one of Porteous or Boyle leave in January.

9 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I think they would avoid doing it if possible but money talks. They already know Nisbet is unsettled after they turned down the Birmingham bid.

If they were to sell all four, they'd be looking at somewhere around £8million coming in. That would give them a fair bit of leverage in sourcing replacements, but they'd be losing known quantities who have done well and replacing them with players who could be hit or miss. I'd imagine that it's a stick on that Nisbet and Doig will go.......and that will bring in around £6million. You could well be correct that a big club might view loaning Doig back for the season would be a sensible thing to do in which case Hibs would really land on their feet. They could then maybe risk letting one of Porteous or Boyle leave in January.

If Boyle stays in Scotland the betting man would say it won’t be at Hibs. 

50 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Hibs reported losses of 1.3 million this time last summer. On top of that they also went on to spend 385K on Magennis, 400k on Nisbett and 100k on Macey. In May, Gordon revealed, "We're bleeding our cash and we're in a difficult position". Some Hibs fans are suggesting they have made losses of anywhere between 6-8 million this past season. They've also just spent a further 400k on McKay (who actually looks to be a good investment). If they do sell Doig, Nisbett, Porteous and Boyle they'll cover the majority of their debts from this past season but they'll not have the financial muscle you might think to source suitable replacements. I'd also add they'll have difficulty replacing these guys with like for like. Just look at how McInnes struggled over the past few years.

For all the criticism Cormack and the club have received recently, Aberdeen have navigated through this pandemic debt free and are in a better financial position than most teams in this league including Dundee Utd, Hearts and Hibs.

On a side note, Nisbett scored 12 goals in 30 league games for Hibs this past season. He certainly flattered to deceive in the matches against us. I don't think he's worth anywhere near the reported evaluation Hibs are after. And remember, Dunfermline hold a 40% sell on clause. In both the 18/19 and 19/20 seasons Sam Cosgrove bettered Nisbett's goal ratio of this past season.

• Upvote 3
25 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

Hibs reported losses of 1.3 million this time last summer. On top of that they also went on to spend 385K on Magennis, 400k on Nisbett and 100k on Macey. In May, Gordon revealed, "We're bleeding our cash and we're in a difficult position". Some Hibs fans are suggesting they have made losses of anywhere between 6-8 million this past season. They've also just spent a further 400k on McKay (who actually looks to be a good investment). If they do sell Doig, Nisbett, Porteous and Boyle they'll cover the majority of their debts from this past season but they'll not have the financial muscle you might think to source suitable replacements. I'd also add they'll have difficulty replacing these guys with like for like. Just look at how McInnes struggled over the past few years.

For all the criticism Cormack and the club have received recently, Aberdeen have navigated through this pandemic debt free and are in a better financial position than most teams in this league including Dundee Utd, Hearts and Hibs.

On a side note, Nisbett scored 12 goals in 30 league games for Hibs this past season. He certainly flattered to deceive in the matches against us. I don't think he's worth anywhere near the reported evaluation Hibs are after. And remember, Dunfermline hold a 40% sell on clause. In both the 18/19 and 19/20 seasons Sam Cosgrove bettered Nisbett's goal ratio of this past season.

I don’t get the hype with Nisbet personally. 12 in 30 in Scottish football isn’t all that impressive. I didn’t actually realise that his stats were that bad. Well not bad but you would expect better for hype. 

4 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Aye I'm struggling to think of a manager who left the club in worse nick. No debt and 4th in the league. Very hard to think of any in the last 30 years

Can’t disagree there when it comes to off field and would add Cormack park as well. On field is a completely different story tho. No strikers, one CB, a shitload of bang average midfielders and only one sellable asset in Ferguson

15 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Can’t disagree there when it comes to off field and would add Cormack park as well. On field is a completely different story tho. No strikers, one CB, a shitload of bang average midfielders and only one sellable asset in Ferguson

It's a shambles but its still a squad with 5 or so signings that most merry go round scottish managers would make a top six team out of. And I doubt any of said known managers would have chosen to sign two central midfielders. They would have backed themselves to get a tune out of Ferguson, McCrorie, McGeouch, Campbell and Ojo 

We need a goalkeeper, central defender, left back, attacking creative midfielder, and a striker if we’re going to win anything any time soon.

However, for now I’d settle for central defender, and an exciting attacking midfielder (another hedges type), and a backup striker of reasonable quality.

Main priority is to get in someone who can add a bit of excitement as we were promised that and this far none of the signings have been particularly exciting.

14 hours ago, Hoofball said:

Why is no strikers bad for a new manager coming in? 

Would it be better if at the time of leaving we had Darren Mackie tied down to a 4 year contract?

Our defensive record was good last season but Glass didn't want Taylor and Hoban so hopefully he has better things planned. The main problem, as you say, is all the shite midfielders

10 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

I notice Jamie Mccart being linked with a move to MK Dons this morning. I'd be happy for us to try and get him in to fill the left sided centre back role we are still looking to fill. No mention of what sort of fee it would take to sign him but as he is down to the last 12months of his contract you would think it wouldn't be huge.

Would be good to take Kerr or McCart. Chuck them Kennedy or McLennan on a season long loan plus £200k.