Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

3 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Kerr was touted at about £400k-£500k & supposedly interesting a few clubs down south. 

McCart would be a good bit less than Kerr.

Saints team will get decimated as their whole defence is coming out of contract. I doubt they’ll hold on to players & let their contracts expire instead of getting anything between £250k-£500k for each of them. 

Kerr is the type of signing we should be making if we want to improve and show some ambition 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Apparently the £500k release clause isn’t quite as simple as it’s been reported. 
It won’t happen. 

Yes, I saw Scott Burns saying the clause isn't as straightforward as reported and that there is no chance of Boyle coming here. And from what he said it sounds like McGrath definitely wont happen either unless St Mirren take down the price by a large amount and there is a big change

Worrying that he says we don't see central defence as a priority anymore and are happy to go with Gallagher, Considine, McCrorie and Devlin as our 4 choices. Seems strange considering Glass was trying hard for Clark Robertson.

Also, says another winger could be on the cards rather than a 3rd striker.

I'm hoping that he just means that a winger is our main priority before the European game and that we will still be looking for a central defender and a 3rd striker later in the transfer window.

16 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Yes, I saw Scott Burns saying the clause isn't as straightforward as reported and that there is no chance of Boyle coming here. And from what he said it sounds like McGrath definitely wont happen either unless St Mirren take down the price by a large amount and there is a big change

Worrying that he says we don't see central defence as a priority anymore and are happy to go with Gallagher, Considine, McCrorie and Devlin as our 4 choices. Seems strange considering Glass was trying hard for Clark Robertson.

I'm hoping that he just means that a winger is our main priority before the European game and that we will still be looking for a central defender and a 3rd striker later in the transfer window.

Could live with just winger if it’s a big signing. I would agree that CB isn’t top priority although I’d still prefer a partner for Gallagher! Assume there will be a few token loans to end the window. 

16 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

We've only got 1 player in on loan so far (Jenks), so I'd imagine if previous seasons are anything to go by, we'll take in at least one other player on loan. Still hoping we will get another couple of permanent signings of good quality too though.

2 minutes ago, slippers said:

Could live with just winger if it’s a big signing. I would agree that CB isn’t top priority although I’d still prefer a partner for Gallagher! Assume there will be a few token loans to end the window. 

A centre back with pace would be right up there as a priority for me alongside a creative player. Makes me think we must be going to go with McCrorie alongside Gallagher, Unless SG is planning to change from the formation and style he went with at the end of last season.

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Fuck that 

They more or less told us in one of these youtube updates that we would be using Atlanta loans. I've got no problem with it if it's as a fourth striker or fifth winger. I can only see the benefits.

9 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

They more or less told us in one of these youtube updates that we would be using Atlanta loans. I've got no problem with it if it's as a fourth striker or fifth winger. I can only see the benefits.

Aye - what are they exactly?

Just now, NEM said:

Aye - what are they exactly?

If we've got 25 players in the squad and 2 are earning £0 then that means we can afford to pay more to the other 23 players. 

The 24th and 25th players in a squad are unlikely to play anyway.

Also allows us to loan out the players who would have filled those spots.

Strengthens the links between the clubs.

What exactly are the down sides? Minutes our players are missing out? I'm not seeing that so far.

5 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

If we've got 25 players in the squad and 2 are earning £0 then that means we can afford to pay more to the other 23 players. 

What exactly are the down sides? Minutes our players are missing out? I'm not seeing that so far.

I'm just not convinced we need a squad of 25 senior players in the first place 

16 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Jon Gallagher 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

Why bother having them then?

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

But why would Atlanta sign up to that?

There's no way they'd rather one of their players gets no game time over here rather than with them. There must be an expectation that their players will get to play if they come over here.

1 minute ago, Andy_123 said:

But why would Atlanta sign up to that?

There's no way they'd rather one of their players gets no game time over here rather than with them. There must be an expectation that their players will get to play if they come over here.

If the player is useless you would think they'd be happy to help out. Jokes.

Let's see what business happens this season before going over the pros and cons. Cormack wants it to happen so I presume we'll at the very least swap 1 player each way

49 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Why so mad about whether our fourth pick striker is some atlanta reject?

It's really not worth getting excited about.

Mad? Just asking why bother having 2 players that - according to you - aren't going to play? 

better have a squad of players who are capable of stepping up when needed. IMHO 

12 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

I know that tonight’s q&a will be heavily choreographed and revolve around Ramirez but you would have hoped that at least one question asking if we are expecting any further additions will get through the vetting process.  

What time is it on YouTube tonight?  7pm?

Is Cormack going to be there or is it just Glass and Gunn? 

I can't warm to Gunn*

*(love the Beatles) 

11 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

I know that tonight’s q&a will be heavily choreographed and revolve around Ramirez but you would have hoped that at least one question asking if we are expecting any further additions will get through the vetting process.  

I can give you the answer to that question (if it's asked) in advance of tonight's Q&A - it will be something vague like - "Of course, if there are quality players available who we are able to sign and will improve our squad / roster for the coming season, we will do everything we can to get them in."

Doubt we'll get anything much out of the Q&A regarding signings. I'd prefer him to be asked about things like "how do the signings you've made fit into the plans you outlined previously regarding the style of play you want to adopt?" or "What's the thinking behind signing 4 players over the age of 30?" or "why on earth have you offered Devlin a new contract?" or "has there been any more interest in Lewis Ferguson or has he changed his mind about wanting to leave?"

I suspect none of these things will get asked and like you say it'll be all about Ramirez.

16 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

“Gunner is working hard behind the scenes”, “signing players is not as easy as you think”, “we’re looking to strengthen & hope one or two things fall our way”, “we’ll only sign the right players and if we don’t I’m happy with the work we’ve done”, “the Board have given me great backing”….

Set up the Bingo card now… 

Might get a bit of an update on the Head of Recruitment too I’d think. 

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

“Gunner is working hard behind the scenes”, “signing players is not as easy as you think”, “we’re looking to strengthen & hope one or two things fall our way”, “we’ll only sign the right players and if we don’t I’m happy with the work we’ve done”, “the Board have given me great backing”….

He said we are basically done at the Q&A clip on Twitter. So can’t imagine much more arriving. Maybe a #7?

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Haha he might not use the exact language of good old del. He love the 'one or two things fall our way' chat

2 hours ago, Tord31 said:

They might be earning £0 but the chances are you could pick up a couple of players out at Sheddocksley that would be every bit as good. 

The only benefit I can see is that it creates roster space for Atlanta to bring in better players whilst we get landed with training/ medical/living expenses for a couple of duds that would only get played in utter emergency. 

10 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

They might be earning £0 but the chances are you could pick up a couple of players out at Sheddocksley that would be every bit as good. 

The only benefit I can see is that it creates roster space for Atlanta to bring in better players whilst we get landed with training/ medical/living expenses for a couple of duds that would only get played in utter emergency. 

Exactly