11 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

I know that tonight’s q&a will be heavily choreographed and revolve around Ramirez but you would have hoped that at least one question asking if we are expecting any further additions will get through the vetting process.  

I can give you the answer to that question (if it's asked) in advance of tonight's Q&A - it will be something vague like - "Of course, if there are quality players available who we are able to sign and will improve our squad / roster for the coming season, we will do everything we can to get them in."

Doubt we'll get anything much out of the Q&A regarding signings. I'd prefer him to be asked about things like "how do the signings you've made fit into the plans you outlined previously regarding the style of play you want to adopt?" or "What's the thinking behind signing 4 players over the age of 30?" or "why on earth have you offered Devlin a new contract?" or "has there been any more interest in Lewis Ferguson or has he changed his mind about wanting to leave?"

I suspect none of these things will get asked and like you say it'll be all about Ramirez.

16 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

I know that tonight’s q&a will be heavily choreographed and revolve around Ramirez but you would have hoped that at least one question asking if we are expecting any further additions will get through the vetting process.  

“Gunner is working hard behind the scenes”, “signing players is not as easy as you think”, “we’re looking to strengthen & hope one or two things fall our way”, “we’ll only sign the right players and if we don’t I’m happy with the work we’ve done”, “the Board have given me great backing”….

Set up the Bingo card now… 

Might get a bit of an update on the Head of Recruitment too I’d think. 

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

“Gunner is working hard behind the scenes”, “signing players is not as easy as you think”, “we’re looking to strengthen & hope one or two things fall our way”, “we’ll only sign the right players and if we don’t I’m happy with the work we’ve done”, “the Board have given me great backing”….

He said we are basically done at the Q&A clip on Twitter. So can’t imagine much more arriving. Maybe a #7?

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Haha he might not use the exact language of good old del. He love the 'one or two things fall our way' chat

2 hours ago, Tord31 said:

If we've got 25 players in the squad and 2 are earning £0 then that means we can afford to pay more to the other 23 players. 

The 24th and 25th players in a squad are unlikely to play anyway.

Also allows us to loan out the players who would have filled those spots.

Strengthens the links between the clubs.

What exactly are the down sides? Minutes our players are missing out? I'm not seeing that so far.

They might be earning £0 but the chances are you could pick up a couple of players out at Sheddocksley that would be every bit as good. 

The only benefit I can see is that it creates roster space for Atlanta to bring in better players whilst we get landed with training/ medical/living expenses for a couple of duds that would only get played in utter emergency. 

10 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

They might be earning £0 but the chances are you could pick up a couple of players out at Sheddocksley that would be every bit as good. 

The only benefit I can see is that it creates roster space for Atlanta to bring in better players whilst we get landed with training/ medical/living expenses for a couple of duds that would only get played in utter emergency. 

Exactly 

On 6/27/2021 at 8:28 PM, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

With Jenks coming in I don't think so

7 minutes ago, super_al said:

Apparently Glass states that the squad is close to being complete. There are also young players at the club who they hope to bring on.

Brace yourselves.

I thought this Q&A was a live event? Looks like it’s already been recorded 

In a week where the boy leitch hinted at getting crowds back in August and the club pushing season ticket sales, a q&a with  glass and Gunn telling fans that the squad is almost complete, may not be the best PR move.   Totally get the reason why these things happen but timing of this one is a bit weird. 

1 hour ago, Kiriakov33 said:

In a week where the boy leitch hinted at getting crowds back in August and the club pushing season ticket sales, a q&a with  glass and Gunn telling fans that the squad is almost complete, may not be the best PR move.   Totally get the reason why these things happen but timing of this one is a bit weird. 

I canna wait to get back into Pittodrie.

I’ll be disappointed if I don’t get to watch the BK Hacken game live.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!

On 6/29/2021 at 6:31 PM, Tord31 said:

It's a shambles but its still a squad with 5 or so signings that most merry go round scottish managers would make a top six team out of. And I doubt any of said known managers would have chosen to sign two central midfielders. They would have backed themselves to get a tune out of Ferguson, McCrorie, McGeouch, Campbell and Ojo 

Shouldn’t Aberdeen be aiming higher than just top six tho and would any of the usual suspects have been seen as an improvement that gets more fans into the stadium. 

11 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Why is no strikers bad for a new manager coming in? 

Would it be better if at the time of leaving we had Darren Mackie tied down to a 4 year contract?

Our defensive record was good last season but Glass didn't want Taylor and Hoban so hopefully he has better things planned. The main problem, as you say, is all the shite midfielders

Why, because every agent and club then knows how desperate Aberdeen are to sign their player which inflates the demands they make. 

I see your Mackie and a raise you Joe Lewis. Almost 34, contract until 2024, one of if not the highest earner at the club and can’t play the role Glass wants from his keeper. 

Of course the defensive record was good, McInnes had the team setup to play defensive dull football, not lose and to lump the ball forward at every opportunity. Glass on the other hand wants to play attractive attacking football and pass out from the back

37 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Shouldn’t Aberdeen be aiming higher than just top six tho and would any of the usual suspects have been seen as an improvement that gets more fans into the stadium. 

Why, because every agent and club then knows how desperate Aberdeen are to sign their player which inflates the demands they make. 

I see your Mackie and a raise you Joe Lewis. Almost 34, contract until 2024, one of if not the highest earner at the club and can’t play the role Glass wants from his keeper. 

Of course the defensive record was good, McInnes had the team setup to play defensive dull football, not lose and to lump the ball forward at every opportunity. Glass on the other hand wants to play attractive attacking football and pass out from the back

Glass made the decision to sign Woods and made the decision to give him a two year contract. I was shouting before this we wanted to sign some keeper on a one year deal only so that we could consider changing Lewis in January or next summer. It looks difficult now but thats down to Glass.

Budget? Doesnt need to be a problem we can sign a Danny Ward loan if necessary.

1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

Glass made the decision to sign Woods and made the decision to give him a two year contract. I was shouting before this we wanted to sign some keeper on a one year deal only so that we could consider changing Lewis in January or next summer. It looks difficult now but thats down to Glass.

Budget? Doesnt need to be a problem we can sign a Danny Ward loan if necessary.

Woods is a No.2 even Glass said that and he fits the system Glass wants to play so I don’t have a problem with him getting a two year deal. 

Don’t want another loan signing like Ward. That went wrong when he got recalled and wouldn’t want that happening again. 

1 hour ago, Hoofball said:

Woods is a No.2 even Glass said that and he fits the system Glass wants to play so I don’t have a problem with him getting a two year deal. 

Don’t want another loan signing like Ward. That went wrong when he got recalled and wouldn’t want that happening again. 

A high calibre loan signing is one way we can afford to and justify dropping Lewis.

Anyways see how we go. Scott Brown will play so deep that I dont think Lewis not being a pler will be exposed as much at the start of this season.