1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

100% need another striker, a winger and a centre half. 

Probs end up getting 2 out of 3.

We should have plenty capacity to get these in even if they have to loans subsidised by parent clubs.

Even if we've bust or almost bust the budget we should manage to raise something by loaning out a few players before too long. Even with 9 subs we have too many central midfielders for the bench. If Mackenzie plays a lot at left back (e.g. Hayes doesn't play 50% or more) then we have a lot of wingers too with Kennedy, McLennan, Hedges, McGinn and Hayes plus JET will pick up some minutes in midfield like Glass used Kamberi in three of the games.

So I'd say, presuming we keep Ferguson that probably two of Campbell, McGeouch, Ojo and Virtanen can move out, and one of Kennedy and McLennan.

That's before including youngsters like Ethan Ross, Ruth (Falkrik bid obviously), Barron etc.

So we should have plenty capacity to bring in another 4 in the next 8 weeks.

2 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

We should have plenty capacity to get these in even if they have to loans subsidised by parent clubs.

Hopefully, Tord!

9 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Even if we've bust or almost bust the budget we should manage to raise something by loaning out a few players before too long. Even with 9 subs we have too many central midfielders for the bench. If Mackenzie plays a lot at left back (e.g. Hayes doesn't play 50% or more) then we have a lot of wingers too with Kennedy, McLennan, Hedges, McGinn and Hayes plus JET will pick up some minutes in midfield like Glass used Kamberi in three of the games.

So I'd say, presuming we keep Ferguson that probably two of Campbell, McGeouch, Ojo and Virtanen can move out, and one of Kennedy and McLennan.

That's before including youngsters like Ethan Ross, Ruth (Falkrik bid obviously), Barron etc.

Ethan Ross is long gone. 

10 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Head of Recruitment incoming too remember.

Potentially holding off until he’s in the door. 

The fact he tried & failed to get Clark Robertson means he knows we need another centre half.

He’s dropped a big hint that he’ll be chapping Steven Gunn’s door for another striker.

Time yet. 

• Dildo 1
3 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Aye but Rangers can speculate and if they fail they just go bust and start again. Few years touring the lower leagues then come up, speculate, win the league again all while the Dons do fuck all

I think the speculation will come once we have a higher value of squad. I’m sure they have data on what they think the squad is valued at but if we can double/treble that value we will speculate more, probably the right way to go about it but will take that bit longer. Biggest gripe in that is the value of basically all the player we have signed is very little as majority are over 30. 

4 hours ago, Tord31 said:

I would think Ojo would be the most likely to get let go if someone wants to buy him or even borrow him. Virtanen maybe out on loan again too.

We really need to get rid of both Kennedy and McLennan if we're going to make progress - both utterly useless whatever position you play them in. Wingers who can't beat an opponent or cross the ball properly are a total waste of time. I hope we can maybe use them in bargaining with the likes of St Mirren or St Johnstone for one of their players.

30 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

I would think Ojo would be the most likely to get let go if someone wants to buy him or even borrow him. Virtanen maybe out on loan again too.

We really need to get rid of both Kennedy and McLennan if we're going to make progress - both utterly useless whatever position you play them in. Wingers who can't beat an opponent or cross the ball properly are a total waste of time. I hope we can maybe use them in bargaining with the likes of St Mirren or St Johnstone for one of their players.

We need the numbers and cover so presuming we sign a winger send one out on loan in the league to find his mojo

Just now, RED_JOHN said:

Change 1 of those central defenders to an attacking midfielder then I would be relatively happy 

If we go with Gallagher, Devlin, McCrorie and Considine as centre backs this season we will not improve on the last couple of seasons

I hope it isn’t Considine partnering Gallagher. In fairness I am not keen on Devlin either and I don’t know if McCrorie has the ability to be a decent central defender. 
In saying that though I would rather we spent our money on attacking players. Goals bring entertainment….something we at Aberdeen have been lacking for too long. 

• Dildo 1
1 hour ago, Sonoftherock said:

We were definitely sniffing around him.

If Watford had come back in for Ferguson, I reckon we'd have signed him.

I'm hoping we hang on to Ferguson beyond this window. He'll be a difficult player for us to replace.

A year alongside Scott Brown and hopefully a more successfully Aberdeen side this season should help us command a greater fee for him.

5 minutes ago, Sydney_Red said:

Sorry for asking a daft question but does McCrorie have any pace about him? I saw him play in the middle of the park, and then when he was kind of at left back, but can’t remember if he was fast or not.

He never played left back in his puff. 

13 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

He never played left back in his puff. 

Sorry made an arse of that. I’m in Australia so the Southern Hemisphere impact of coriolis means everything is the wrong way round. Or fuckin something.Thought he played several games in defence mainly on the right side.

5 minutes ago, Sydney_Red said:

Sorry made an arse of that. I’m in Australia so the Southern Hemisphere impact of coriolis means everything is the wrong way round. Or fuckin something.Thought he played several games in defence mainly on the right side.

Sydney_Red in Australia? Nae way