2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye it’s as quiet as Anne Frank’s drum kit. 

Disappointing as we are a good bit short.

Even the newspaper rumour sites haven't made a squeak about Aberdeen rumours for a couple of weeks. 

Absolutely nothing since Ramirez signed. 

Couple of loans later in the window unless Ferguson is sold I reckon. 

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Everything is dead quiet out of Pittodrie. Either absolutely nothing is happening on the transfer front or all the leaks have now left the building. 

Everything is dead quiet because we are still working with a limited budget (No crowds / commercial opportunities limited as a result of Covid restrictions).

We done some business and were now effectively holding until some others move out. This happens every year.

Just some perspective though. Here is a high level league transfer dealings this summer

Aberdeen (6 in, 6 out)

Celtic (4 in, 6 out)

Dundee (3 in, 5 out)

Dundee Utd (2 in, 6 out)

Hearts (6in, 11 out)

Hibs (3 in, 6 out)

Livingston (9 in, 11 out)

Motherwell (8 in, 12 out)

SevCo (3 in, 4 out)

Ross County (3 in, 10 out)

St Johnstone (1 in, 3 out)

St Mirren (8 in , 6 out)

Only St Mirren have increase numbers, most have reduced

30 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Everything is dead quiet because we are still working with a limited budget (No crowds / commercial opportunities limited as a result of Covid restrictions).

We done some business and were now effectively holding until some others move out. This happens every year.

Just some perspective though. Here is a high level league transfer dealings this summer

Aberdeen (6 in, 6 out)

Celtic (4 in, 6 out)

Dundee (3 in, 5 out)

Dundee Utd (2 in, 6 out)

Hearts (6in, 11 out)

Hibs (3 in, 6 out)

SevCo (3 in, 4 out)

St Mirren (8 in , 6 out)

Don't know source but we're 3 in only. Stewart. Ginnelly. Cochrane (loan). Unless including Jan window for all these figures? 

50 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Aberdeen (6 in, 6 out)

Celtic (4 in, 6 out)

Dundee (3 in, 5 out)

Dundee Utd (2 in, 6 out)

Hearts (6in, 11 out)

Hibs (3 in, 6 out)

SevCo (3 in, 4 out)

St Mirren (8 in , 6 out)

It's not necessarily numbers that matter though. Hibs for example have only brought in 3 but they had a stronger squad to start with. Nisbet, Doidge, Boyle etc. 

We've brought in 6 sure enough, but have failed to add the proven attacking quality required. Ramirez and Jenks are gambles, and ones I'm happy for the club to make - however they should be bonus balls signings, but in reality they are our only hope. 

2 hours ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Good grief. Imagine taking an online forum full of strangers seriously. 

Pretty naff response. Can you highlight how you've come to the conclusion that I'm taking it seriously. All I said was my interest has dipped, wouldn't class that as taking it particularly seriously.

Can’t the idiots on here not just log into www.cunt.net and talk amongst themselves there, and leave the transfer rumours to us grown ups? Just a thought…..

Is the lack of transfer rumours and any other stories  emanating from AFC not down to the departure of a certain individual within the club? The same person who clearly knew he was departing 12 months ago and liked to feed titbits to the likes of Tom English? As Jose Mourinho would say - “I sink so”,

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
8 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

St mirren ST holder mate of mine reckons we are about to sign Kyle Mcallister. Says both ourselves and St Johnstone have tabled bids for him. Winger apparently. Can play no10 aswell. 

Will be a few moans about this but McAllister is a talented player who's lost his way a wee bit. 

31 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

St mirren ST holder mate of mine reckons we are about to sign Kyle Mcallister. Says both ourselves and St Johnstone have tabled bids for him. Winger apparently. Can play no10 aswell. 

Great player but beset with injury problems. Think they signed him from Derby

I recall him scoring a pearler up at the Merkie end, left footed curler.

EDIT - Appears he came thru the Sevco youth system, then to St Mirren, THEN onto Derby, and then a return to Paisley, initially on loan.

Career total of 3 goals.

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

St Mirren fans appear happy enough to see him leave if he does. That’s a decent barometer. 

He’s had a bad back injury which has restricted him apparently. 

Can’t say this would improve us. 

He looked a really exciting prospect before he went to Derby but didn't look fit/interested last season after coming back. 

Would be a very strange one. We have McLennan, Kennedy, Hedges, McGinn and Hayes (and JET will pick up some midfield minutes) so we really dont need to sign another creator unless they are going to be a clear first pick. 

I actually really liked the look of Magennis and McAllister a few years back but neither have really come to anything so far.

17 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Would be a very strange one. We have McLennan, Kennedy, Hedges, McGinn and Hayes (and JET will pick up some midfield minutes) so we really dont need to sign another creator unless they are going to be a clear first pick. 

I actually really liked the look of Magennis and McAllister a few years back but neither have really come to anything so far.

He's scored 3 goals in 73 games for St Mirren. He's also injury prone. St Mirren fans want rid of him.

If this is the standard of signing we can expect under Glass we will fast become a bottom 6 side.

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

He looked a really exciting prospect before he went to Derby but didn't look fit/interested last season after coming back. 

Yip, that’s what they’re saying.

We need an upgrade on Kennedy & McLennan. 
He’s not it.

”Bizarre” is the word they seem to be bandying about. 

I’d rather wait until the new HoR is in place before we sign anyone, he’ll have fresh ideas. 

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

He's scored 3 goals in 73 games for St Mirren. He's also injury prone. St Mirren fans want rid of him.

If this is the standard of signing we can expect under Glass we will fast become a bottom 6 side.

1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

McAllister showed promise earlier in his career but lost his way a bit. He’s probably the type of player we need - someone creative who can travel with the ball and has a bit of pace - possibly better than Kennedy but not really going to dramatically improve the team.

this is a nice goal though…

It was a nice goal....but was it not about 5 years ago, when he could run and wasn't always injured?

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Great player but beset with injury problems. Think they signed him from Derby

I recall him scoring a pearler up at the Merkie end, left footed curler.

EDIT - Appears he came thru the Sevco youth system, then to St Mirren, THEN onto Derby, and then a return to Paisley, initially on loan.

Career total of 3 goals.

He'll fit in here then. Can keep Devlin company in the physio room. It seems to be the St Johnstone rumour that's gathering pace so hopefully they get him. Glass said he didn't want squad fillers and that's exactly what he'd be here. Don't see the point and i'd be quite disappointed if we signed him in all honesty. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
42 minutes ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

Re McAllister 

Hopefully not the case that Glass has had a proper look now at the new guys and isn't convinced by what he's seen. Smacks a bit of desperation this one

I don’t think it’s so much the new guys as none of them play same position. If I remember he is an attacking left sided player. He was St Mirrens main man for a while . Don’t think he would be the worst addition to the squad. Particularly when folk have been moaning we don’t have enough attacking midfield options.

• Dildo 1
1 hour ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

Re McAllister 

Hopefully not the case that Glass has had a proper look now at the new guys and isn't convinced by what he's seen. Smacks a bit of desperation this one

Aye, he's looked at all the guys he's just signed and realised they're not good enough...

?