2 hours ago, Abaadeenmale1903 said:

The only link with substance you posts have are the illegal substances you either inhale, consume or smoke. 

I don’t need illegal substances to post highly popular responses….it just comes naturally. Even those that choose to block me etc still ask their committee members what I am saying.

You keep them updated….it’s a job that you are possibly good at.

7 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Has anyone watched the Glass pre match press conference? He was asked about the squad and potential additions and he said "we're there". That has to be a major fucking worry surely?

Delusional to think that squad is ready for a season. 

Very unbalanced - lacking in central defenders  & strikers, but overloaded with central midfielders. 

• Dildo 1
8 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Delusional to think that squad is ready for a season. 

Very unbalanced - lacking in central defenders  & strikers, but overloaded with central midfielders. 

Aye my thoughts exactly. Get an injury to JET or Ramirez even for say 3-4 weeks and we are left with 1 fit, experienced striker and Michael Ruth? If we have aspirations of cup runs and going further in Europe the squad as it is won't cut it. Need a winger, CH and striker. Minimum. 

7 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Maybe we should let Stephen Glass know 

I don't even think he's going to play with orthodox wingers. 

I think Jet and Hedges will play behind Ramirez and the full backs will be asked to provide the width. 

I'd be shocked if a centre back doesn't come in at some point though.  Maybe another attacker. 

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Aye my thoughts exactly. Get an injury to JET or Ramirez even for say 3-4 weeks and we are left with 1 fit, experienced striker and Michael Ruth? If we have aspirations of cup runs and going further in Europe the squad as it is won't cut it. Need a winger, CH and striker. Minimum. 

It happened to us last year as well, you would think they would learn as well.watkins,hornby, lucky we had hendry and kamberi as back up and they were shite, also agree need 3 minimum in them positions you said to be able to kick on, looking at Celtic the now and it’s frustrating that we could overtake them as they are just pish and there confidence is gone already, 2016/17 team would get us into second easily in my opinion.shame old cormack didn’t through the kitchen sink at it.

where abouts from Ayrshire are yae from?

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I don't even think he's going to play with orthodox wingers. 

I think Jet and Hedges will play behind Ramirez. 

I'd be shocked if a centre back doesn't come in at some point though.  Maybe another attacker. 

Aye, it’s not been said what the formation has been in the two pre-season games.

Presumably a back 4, but not obvious what’s been ahead of it.

It looked like the 4 at the top end was

JET Ferguson Hedges      
             Ramirez 

But no-one knows really.

I struggle to see how JET would be suitable for a place out wide as he’s not the most mobile & I doubt he’d track back much. 

Maybe he could play behind Ramirez & we play Hedges & A N OTHER out wide. 

• Dildo 1
1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye, it’s not been said what the formation has been in the two pre-season games.

Presumably a back 4, but not obvious what’s been ahead of it.

It looked like the 4 at the top end was

JET Ferguson Hedges      
             Ramirez 

But no-one knows really.

I struggle to see how JET would be suitable for a place out wide as he’s not the most mobile & I doubt he’d track back much. 

Maybe he could play behind Ramirez & we play Hedges & A N OTHER out wide. 

I thought it looked like it could be a 4321.

Brown sitting between the centre backs when the full backs push forward like he did for Celtic latterly with Ojo and Ferguson the other two in midfield. 

We'll find out soon enough!! 

9 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

It happened to us last year as well, you would think they would learn as well.watkins,hornby, lucky we had hendry and kamberi as back up and they were shite, also agree need 3 minimum in them positions you said to be able to kick on, looking at Celtic the now and it’s frustrating that we could overtake them as they are just pish and there confidence is gone already, 2016/17 team would get us into second easily in my opinion.shame old cormack didn’t through the kitchen sink at it.

where abouts from Ayrshire are yae from?

I'm surprised we haven't gone back in for Watkins. Or maybe we have and he's told us to poke it. There's a real lack of depth at both ends of the pitch. And a fucking abundance of players in the middle. 

From Beith but moved away to West Dunbartonshire a while ago. 

2 hours ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Has anyone watched the Glass pre match press conference? He was asked about the squad and potential additions and he said "we're there". That has to be a major fucking worry surely?

I didn't believe him when he said it because I don't think he believes it himself. 

We've got until the end of August and more players will come in and some will leave. 

This is the peril of playing in the preliminary rounds of european competition. 

You've also got to remember that it's not as straightforward as you want it to be in getting players in. Players have to want to come here in the first place.

We're a bit short just now, but have time. I'll be pissed off if we're still running with this squad come the end of August. 

There is no way he's going to go with two strikers and its probably hard to imagine he's gonna go with 3-4 centre backs so there will definitely be signings there.

It's the creative/winger player that we are all hoping for that might never materialise.

Also if the final signings are likely to be completely shite then all the more reason to warm the fans up to have low expectations.

23 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

I didn't believe him when he said it because I don't think he believes it himself. 

We've got until the end of August and more players will come in and some will leave. 

This is the peril of playing in the preliminary rounds of european competition. 

You've also got to remember that it's not as straightforward as you want it to be in getting players in. Players have to want to come here in the first place.

We're a bit short just now, but have time. I'll be pissed off if we're still running with this squad come the end of August. 

Is the correct answer.

He said he’s happy with the squad “at the moment”. There’s another 5 weeks of the transfer window to go, players will leave, injuries will occur and undoubtedly, more new players will come in.

Ducked the Declan Gallagher question (is he suspended or not; if it’s the latter, why’s he nae playing in the practice games?) and shimmied past the Devlin question.

1 minute ago, sooth_stander said:

Is the correct answer.

He said he’s happy with the squad “at the moment”. There’s another 5 weeks of the transfer window to go, players will leave, injuries will occur and undoubtedly, more new players will come in.

Ducked the Declan Gallagher question (is he suspended or not; if it’s the latter, why’s he nae playing in the practice games?) and shimmied past the Devlin question.

Gallagher is suspended. Saw it on some UEFA thing on Twitter.

Scott Burns has said Devlin is still injured…In other news… water is wet. 

8 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Gallagher is suspended. Saw it on some UEFA thing on Twitter.

Scott Burns has said Devlin is still injured…In other news… water is wet. 

Glass was asked the question “How is Mikey Devlin”?

He replied “Aye, he’s still here.”

You’d have thought he’d have said “He’s still working with the physios and will join the 1st team group in 2 weeks.” Or whatever.

Something weird going on there but then again, it’s been the case with Devlin for 3 years now. Was getting selected for international squads but left out of AFC squads under McInnes.

You’d hope there isn’t something else more serious going on and the club are trying to do the right thing for the player, support him etc. But to not announce a player has signed a new contract is very very unusual 

3 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

You’d have thought he’d have said “He’s still working with the physios and will join the 1st team group in 2 weeks.” Or whatever.

Something weird going on there but then again, it’s been the case with Devlin for 3 years now.

Definitely 

13 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Something weird going on there but then again, it’s been the case with Devlin for 3 years now.

The only weird thing is us offering him a contract instead or releasing & replacing him. 

20 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

He's said in a previous interview that he's working separate from the group on building up fitness and aims to join the group soon, has he not? 

25 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

He's said in a previous interview that he's working separate from the group on building up fitness and aims to join the group soon, has he not? 

No. Not that I’ve seen anyway. That’s the first time Devlin has been mentioned within the AFC walls since Glass arrived 

It's definitely very weird that weve signed Devlin and not announced it... if that is the case.

Maybe he's on £400/week or something and the club and player are not considering this a 'signing' and its been lost in translation to Scott Burns?

Something defo not right with the whole Devlin thing.

We are maybe not paying him anything at all, just offering him the facilities and medical attention to see if he can get himself fit or if he has to give up the game due to a bad injury or something? Doesn't look like we have any expectation on him to get fit or be fit any time soon, just looks like we are being decent to the guy.

Whatever, we need another decent CB in now, can't believe we've not signed one already, especially given we were pretty far down the road with Robertson months ago.