2 hours ago, South Stand Seagull said:

MLS reporters saying Chris Mueller, CF Orlando City, has signed a pre contract for a Scottish club once the MLS season is over November. 

Some speculation it’s us because of Glass and Ramirez. But who knows. 

Good spot. Plays mostly as a right winger so just what we are needing.

8 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

Good to hear. You are wrong for the reason we have won next to zilch or even zilch with a director of football and with this head of recruitment position. 
My preferred way seen us win a few more trophies. Trophies equals winners. 
Once your way wins trophies for us I may be more excepting. Until then….

Was an equal playing field when we won trophies. Nobody had a director of football or head of recruitment. Man City have both. Liverpool have both. Man Utd have both. Chelsea have both. All very successful. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, South Stand Seagull said:

MLS reporters saying Chris Mueller, CF Orlando City, has signed a pre contract for a Scottish club once the MLS season is over November. 

Kickback saying it's Hearts. Can't see it myself. Transfermarkt has him valued at over £3m, and we've got Ginnelly right wing so not a priority position. Feels like a Celtic signing. Would be a coup if Aberdeen or Hearts. 

It says been in contact for some time, after everything and all the changes that’s happened at Celtic park I cannot see it being them. Timeline dictates it very easily could be us, with cormacks influences, huns haven’t really bought from the American market, as for hearts????, fucking no chance.

excited of us, would definitely be a coup.

adding in how well Hernandez is doing a can see his transfer fee being used for this guys wages, cannot see Hernandez ever playing for us, so might be something in this for us

3 hours ago, South Stand Seagull said:

So would he sign in November or have to wait until January when the Scottish transfer window opens

33 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Reading that two belgian clubs offered over $1M for him in January but Orlando rejected the offer rating him at $3M.

This could be interesting. I dont think it immediately sounds like the kinda thing rangers and celtic do.

It’s us. If Rangers or Celtic signed a player on a pre contract it would be all over the media. Aberdeen are keeping absolutely everything top secret at the moment. Why, I don’t know but maybe just to gain some advantage in ways. 

5 minutes ago, slippers said:

Why so secretive? Getting our hopes up for it not to be us at all. Hibs also have American opener don’t they? 

well probably two reasons that Huns/Hibs/Celtic/Dons/Hearts are keeping this quiet. The pre-contract was signed yesterday and whichever club will be trying to sign him permanently now for a knock down price. You probably only announce a pre once you've given up the ghost that he is not available in the next 4-5 weeks.

8 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

well probably two reasons that Huns/Hibs/Celtic/Dons/Hearts are keeping this quiet. The pre-contract was signed yesterday and whichever club will be trying to sign him permanently now for a knock down price. You probably only announce a pre once you've given up the ghost that he is not available in the next 4-5 weeks.

I don’t think it will be us. But I’m sure someone did say there was expected to be an announcement today? 

6 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Over on Hibs.net, one poster claims its definitely Hibs who have signed him and they are trying to get him this window. Ron Gordon has been willing to spend a fair amount on their side this past 12-18 months.

Personally, I'd be very surprised if it were us. Its the type of signing I'd like to see us make though.

8 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

Over on Hibs.net, one poster claims its definitely Hibs who have signed him and they are trying to get him this window. Ron Gordon has been willing to spend a fair amount on their side this past 12-18 months.

Personally, I'd be very surprised if it were us. Its the type of signing I'd like to see us make though.

Fair play to Hibs if true. Does worry me w bit more about the season though if Hibs are going to have a real go and have a number of sellable assets. Victory is so important tonight to give us all hope! 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Yeah. If it's us, then Cormack has definitely put his money where his mouth is. 

Fingers crossed it's us but it definitely seems more like a Celtic signing tbh. 

Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs forums all saying it's them now. Cormack and Gordon at Aberdeen and Hibs respectively making noises about spending more money. Savage at Hearts drooling about quality of looming signings, and we're profitable, and now have Anderson on the Board. 

So the scene is therefore set for Celtic, who've said nothing, snapping him up for their bench. 

Kickback MLS experts confirming he's a player. Rapid and a goal threat. They have him on one wing, Nani on the other, which gives an idea of his quality. Again would be an amazing signing for anyone outside Glasgow. I'll genuinely be first to say well done if it's Aberdeen, or even Hibs. But especially if it's us. It still feels like a Glasgow signing though. 

3 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs forums all saying it's them now. Cormack and Gordon at Aberdeen and Hibs respectively making noises about spending more money. Savage at Hearts drooling about quality of looming signings, and we're profitable, and now have Anderson on the Board. 

So the scene is therefore set for Celtic, who've said nothing, snapping him up for their bench. 

Kickback MLS experts confirming he's a player. Rapid and a goal threat. They have him on one wing, Nani on the other, which gives an idea of his quality. Again would be an amazing signing for anyone outside Glasgow. I'll genuinely be first to say well done if it's Aberdeen, or even Hibs. But especially if it's us. It still feels like a Glasgow signing though. 

From what I’ve read it would be a coup for anyone outside OF. If Orlando turned down 1m bids in January because they rated him at 3m I’d be very surprised if it’s anyone outside OF and if it is fair play for showing some ambition.