Wouldn't say I'm pishing my pants over it but it's a very good signing for them, on paper. They valued him at £3,000,000 and he's got a very good goal to game record at a similar level to ours.

Compare our wide players; 

JET- 30

Mcginn- 34

Hayes-34

McLennan- Not shown he's anywhere near good enough

Hedges- Our best player and probably away.

Find it bizarre this guy hasn't become an Aberdeen player with our links to that league, and the fact one of our direct rivals were in for him. 

Bizarre.  

13 minutes ago, Zeus said:

He's rubbish. Not good enough for us. 

Well you may be right, but if you do genuinely think that 20 goals and 22 assists in 96 games (63 starts) for a winger is not good enough then I applaud you for maintaining high standards, but would suggest that you don't do any research on the players we have on the books as what you will find will make you thoroughly depressed. 

8 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Well you may be right, but if you do genuinely think that 20 goals and 22 assists in 96 games (63 starts) for a winger is not good enough then I applaud you for maintaining high standards, but would suggest that you don't do any research on the players we have on the books as what you will find will make you thoroughly depressed. 

Think you've had a woosh moment.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Yup. Especially when you consider the starting points of the relevant squads, Hibs have done much better than us. 

And we allegedly have (or at least had) a bigger budget than them. Why are they beating us to the best talent in Scotland and now the US, a market where we're supposed to have our finger on the pulse more than anybody else? Its fucking criminal.  

Cormack said our budget would be competitive this season - this was after last season our budget was around £9m and Hibs around £7m.

11 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Cormack said our budget would be competitive this season - this was after last season our budget was around £9m and Hibs around £7m.

Yeah but what does competitive mean. He could reduce it to £6.9M and still argue that its competitive. 

Tbh  given they way things are going it would probably be more comforting to hear that our budget has been reduced, as that might at least provide an explanation for our transfer activity that doesnt involve us being shit at identifying players. 

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Yeah but what does competitive mean. He could reduce it to £6.9M and still argue that its competitive. 

Tbh  given they way things are going it would probably be more comforting to hear that our budget has been reduced, as that might at least provide an explanation for our transfer activity that doesnt involve us being shit at identifying players. 

Tough one this. I don’t think we have had a particularly bad window on paper but a lot hinges on Jenks and Ramirez being any use. But what has killed us is Glass and Cormack promising big signings and spending to accumulate. I think brown is a big signing but the rest aren’t. Absolute no way you can class Ramirez a player that hasn’t been able to hold down a regular place in starting lineup a big signing. That’s not to say he’s not going to be good but it’s very risky looking at his pedigree last 2/3 seasons. If Ramirez isn’t a hit we are in a terrible position. 

2 minutes ago, slippers said:

Tough one this. I don’t think we have had a particularly bad window on paper but a lot hinges on Jenks and Ramirez being any use. But what has killed us is Glass and Cormack promising big signings and spending to accumulate. I think brown is a big signing but the rest aren’t. Absolute no way you can class Ramirez a player that hasn’t been able to hold down a regular place in starting lineup a big signing. That’s not to say he’s not going to be good but it’s very risky looking at his pedigree last 2/3 seasons. If Ramirez isn’t a hit we are in a terrible position. 

I think they also consider Gallagher as a big signing being a current Scotland international squad member which is fair enough.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

This just makes Cormack's boasts look even more ridiculous especially given his US connections. And its Hibs that are signing this guy, meanwhile we get  Jack Gurr and 4 years out of date Rameriz. 

Maybe McInnes wasn't the problem behind our signing strategy. 

30 minutes ago, starryfish said:

This would fit with the Cormack snake oil bravado sales pitches as he would be a profitable find potentially.
Embarrassing af for him though if it’s Hibs that got him. 

Young player looking to make step up in Europe. 

• Upvote 1

He might turn out to be complete shite but on paper it looks like a lad we should have been snapping up.

US international and that's the market that Glass, Apaloo and Russell have just came from. 

24yrs old.

He's only on £2k/week

We've worked the work permit system as recently as three weeks ago.

Atlanta partnership (meaning he has a simple route back to mls (and florida no less) if it's required for any reason)

Looks like we've dropped the ball on this one.

• Upvote 3
4 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

He might turn out to be complete shite but on paper it looks like a lad we should have been snapping up.

US international and that's the market that Glass, Apaloo and Russell have just came from. 

24yrs old.

He's only on £2k/week

Atlanta partnership (meaning he has a simple route back to mls (and florida no less) if it's required for any reason)

Aye, I’d agree. 

2 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

I'll wait and see what he's like before deciding if we've missed the boat on him.

Most of us have never seen or even heard of him, so not sure how so many can be gutted we've not signed him yet. 

Folk said the same about nisbet and now look at his sell on value 

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

24yrs old.

He's only on £2k/week

Atlanta is in Georgia, not Florida, that apart I agree with you 

17 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

We would have loved a striker that had scored 14 goals  for us last season ??

I agree we would of but a lot of people here said Lewis Ferguson was poor last year and from midfield he only scored 4 less I think. 

Im not trying to say he’s rubbish I just don’t think Hibs were that much better than us

29 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

is it nae commutable like? cormack does it

438 miles Orlando to Atlanta by road. 7 hours or so.....one way

Or a choice of 4 airlines flying direct. Published times around 90 minutes each way, but more likely at least 15 minutes quicker. I suppose not much different time wise to players for the Dundee teams commuting from the Glasgow area

1 hour ago, StandFree1982 said:

I'll wait and see what he's like before deciding if we've missed the boat on him.

Most of us have never seen or even heard of him, so not sure how so many can be gutted we've not signed him yet. 

No that’s not how it works. Because we haven’t signed him, he will be guaranteed to be a good player. How do I know? Poorly endowed middle aged men on here say so.