2 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

No that’s not how it works. Because we haven’t signed him, he will be guaranteed to be a good player. How do I know? Poorly endowed middle aged men on here say so. 

If any player from the USA signs for a club outside the States for anything less than £1m Cormack and Glass will get pelters on here. 

From the same people that were moaning about us signing players from the MLS in the first place. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

If any player from the USA signs for a club outside the States for anything less than £1m Cormack and Glass will get pelters on here. 

From the same people that were moaning about us signing players from the MLS in the first place. 

No. What makes you think the issue is any player less than a million being signed from the states? Are you deliberately misinterpreting the criticism in order to try and dismiss it or gloss over it. 

It's not about players being from the MLS, the issue is in the quality of player. The MLS is being brought up because

1.that is where the player is from,

2. We've allegedy got a working knowledge of and connections to the MLS so should have been aware of him

3. We've signed players from the MLS who don't appear to be as good. Why is that, when our budget is allegedy comparable to or perhaps bigger than Hibs?

All of the above feeds into existing concerns within the fans that the club is poor at identifying quality attacking players. 

3 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

No. What makes you think the issue is any player less than a million being signed from the states? Are you deliberately misinterpreting the criticism in order to try and dismiss it or gloss over it. 

It's not about players being from the MLS, the issue is in the quality of player. The MLS is being brought up because

1.that is where the player is from,

2. We've allegedy got a working knowledge of and connections to the MLS so should have been aware of him

3. We've signed players from the MLS who don't appear to be as good. Why is that, when our budget is allegedy comparable to or perhaps bigger than Hibs. 

We'd never heard of this guy until this morning. 

Now we've apparently missed out on a great player because Hibs have signed him and folk are shitting themselves. 

Folk are just getting worked up for no reason. 

Some perspective is needed. 

• Upvote 4
13 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We'd never heard of this guy until this morning. 

Now we've apparently missed out on a great player because Hibs have signed him and folk are shitting themselves. 

Folk are just getting worked up for no reason. 

Some perspective is needed. 

Age and statistics. That's it. Whether the player is a complete unknown or is famous (James Wilson anyone?) it doesn't matter a fuck.

Time and time again del tried to be a smart ass with players aged 24 and over who may have looked good but had unimpressive track records, because once they got in the door at Pittodrie they would suddenly defy all the evidence that was there before, but they never did.

We've had years of perspective of this failed model.

Age and statistics is what the club should be looking at for attacking players. 

Does he have a record of scoring and/or creating? Yes or no? 

If the answer is no, then he should not be signed unless he is 21 (22 max) and does actually have a reasonable opportunity for development or growth. 

It doesn't matter that none of us had heard of him - this guy ticks all the boxes. But we're not signing him. No we're sticking with Matty fucking Kennedy. 

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Age and statistics. That's it. Whether the player is a complete unknown or is famous (James Wilson anyone?) it doesn't matter a fuck.

Time and time again del tried to be a smart ass with players aged 24 and over who may have looked good but had unimpressive track records, because once they got in the door at Pittodrie they would suddenly defy all the evidence that was there before, but they never did.

We've had years of perspective of this failed model.

Age and statistics is what the club should be looking at for attacking players. 

Does he have a record of scoring and/or creating? Yes or no? 

If the answer is no, then he should not be signed unless he is 21 (22 max) and does actually have a reasonable opportunity for development or growth. 

It doesn't matter that none of us had heard of him - this guy ticks all the boxes. But we're not signing him. No we're sticking with Matty fucking Kennedy. 

I'm not disagreeing with any of that Ernie. I think we should be signing guys on the way up in the 19-23 age bracket wherever we can. 

But the criticism about this guy not signing for us is completely disproportionate because he happens to play in the MLS and he's signed for Hibs.

If he'd went to some lower division team in England no one would be batting an eyelid. 

1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

We don't need Chris Mueller,

Cos we've got someone cooler,

It's Ramirezzzzz

I know which of the two I’d prefer we signed. Cormack is a fkn useless cunt. Snake oil selling charlatan.

of all his signings so far, only Gurr has a very outside chance of being the type he promised we were looking at signing. All rest are the type of signings made by Gretna ffs. Aged high wage earning fantasy football type shite with no long term plan.

• Dildo 5
17 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I know which of the two I’d prefer we signed. Cormack is a fkn useless cunt. Snake oil selling charlatan.

of all his signings so far, only Gurr has a very outside chance of being the type he promised we were looking at signing. All rest are the type of signings made by Gretna ffs. Aged high wage earning fantasy football type shite with no long term plan.

You're a charlatan min. 

Team 2-0 up in the first game of the season and you take the time to post this while the game is on? 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Fuck me, I think you’d rather we lost, just so you could say “I told you so”. 

FFS we won 5-1 - enjoy it. 

• Upvote 4

Great team effort tonight from a fresh looking side with a better approach than I have seen for years. Players looking happy knowing which direction it takes to score a goal instead of passing all the way back to our ‘playmaker’ Lewis to punt the ball. All very encouraging. And YES this team needed shored up quickly with old heads as last season I never want to see again. The signings all looked good and improved the side but maybe need another striker yet. CR9 looks like he knows how to play as a 9 with good hold up play and got in the 6 yd box to get his goal. All very encouraging so get behind your team stop talking shite and hopefully see an improved team this year.

Here, Ojo was very good. It’s happening. The second coming of funso ? Ojo. 

Big ✈️ as well btw. First class.

Jeez even McLennan stepped up wae a beautiful goal after being a write off by many. 

Very positive night, but yeah a CB n Striker yet for me and hopefully maintain those standards!! 

St Mirren have rejected Wigan's bid of 300k for Jamie McGrath. 

Cormack commenting at halftime that we are still looking to sign a player or two.

Ferguson will have drawn further attention after yesterdays performance.

If Ferguson is sold for say 3-4 million is it unrealistic of us to reinvest some of that to sign McGrath and/or Jason Kerr?

2 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

St Mirren have rejected Wigan's bid of 300k for Jamie McGrath. 

Cormack commenting at halftime that we are still looking to sign a player or two.

Ferguson will have drawn further attention after yesterdays performance.

If Ferguson is sold for say 3-4 million is it unrealistic of us to reinvest some of that to sign McGrath and/or Jason Kerr?

I think McGrath will leave St Mirren before Ferguson leaves Aberdeen. Does that mean we are ruled out? Possibly.

11 hours ago, Tord31 said:

If Glass wants to play with two strikers then he'll be struggling to pretend we dont need one or even two more

Coming back to this. I think having watched last night that really the third striker needs to be of a higher quality than I was previously expecting/accepting. It's not a squad player we need a decent third striker in this squad as the dynamic will completely change if JET or Ramirez are missing for a month.

2 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Coming back to this. I think having watched last night that really the third striker needs to be of a higher quality than I was previously expecting/accepting. It's not a squad player we need a decent third striker in this squad as the dynamic will completely change if JET or Ramirez are missing for a month.

Not even convinced JET is an out and out striker. Clearly very skillfull but wants to play the game at walking pace, and moreso outside the box. Making the signing of another striker even more imperative 

5 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Not even convinced JET is an out and out striker. Clearly very skillfull but wants to play the game at walking pace, and moreso outside the box. Making the signing of another striker even more imperative 

He's never been a conventional centre forward apart from latterly with Livingston. 

39 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

I’d he could run, he’d be at a higher level than the Dons.

Has everything else, strength, passing, skill, just not very mobile & will struggle to last 90 minutes.

He was excellent for 65-70 last night then faded. 

• Dildo 1
40 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

34 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

He's never been a conventional centre forward apart from latterly with Livingston. 

Yes he's definitely going to pick up a lot of minutes deeper and even midfield. Even if it was not our intention it'll happen naturally because that is what his game is about.

A third striker will pick up loads of minutes so it's an important part of the squad.

After seeing McCrorie last night I think he is going to wing it and go with Gallagher, Consi, Devlin and McCrorie for CB options until 1st January. About two less than we've been used to McInnes going with.

So it's only a winger and a striker we are looking for...